Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 07:37PM

All of you are great. Seriously I loved the thread.

The reductionist in me however kept on seeing self-assembling watches.

Just my true cents.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 09, 2017 08:35PM

Henry is a word virtuoso. He knows lots of words but where does his ability to turn them into thoughtful prolixity for us to enjoy come from? Considering the brain works like a typewriter, just where did such knowledge and raw creativity come from? It's not just his vocabulary and his ability to look up countless references, although that needs to be explained as well. It's his creativity! All this ability to make endless sentences out of words! Did he already know those sentences? He couldn't have come up with them. Where did they come from? (Insert some comment about materialists here.) It must be external paranormal sources!

(Relax. It's a joke!)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 01:58PM

Prolixity. Yes. Prolixity!

I did not know that word. You have sent me to semantic heaven. Bless you. Finally I have a word to define Conference talks besides "word salad."

P.S. Your post is very clever--could tell it was a joke.

Posted by: Henry Bemis ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 01:27PM

Ha, Ha. (Joke taken)

I assure you that there is nothing paranormal here. Now, if I come up with a "symphony of words" in the form of some novel scientific theory, my assessment might change. But, I am not holding my breath.

By the way, I will take your kind words as a compliment (rather than sarcasm), whether so intended or not. In any event, it seems that maybe I have moved up ever so slightly on your scale of credibility. After all, I will take "word virtuoso" over "blow hard" any day, whether sincere or not. :)

Best regards,
HB

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.