Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrsnotasiplanned ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 04:04AM

If anyone can answer this, with confidence, I would appreciate it.

I am beginning to think the church monitors/hacks this site and knows who is posting. Could this be true? Does anyone here know?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mrsnotasiplanned ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 04:04AM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 04:16AM

I have never had any warnings or indications that this site is unsafe.

There are reports that the church does monitor this site...so if you need to be anonymous, do not provide any accurate identifying info...

...your username should be nothing like your own name...if you need to indicate a location, cite one a couple of states away...if you have three children and you need to mention them, mix up their genders and assign different ages to them...

If people are identified here (Steve Benson, for example, is a regular poster here), it is because those people have made the choice to identify themselves to whoever reads these posts.

Posted by: Lasse The Lassiest ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 04:37AM

Just an automatic warning.

"HTTPS (also called HTTP over Transport Layer Security [TLS],[1] HTTP over SSL,[2] and HTTP Secure[3][4]) is a communications protocol for secure communication over a computer network which is widely used on the Internet. HTTPS consists of communication over Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) within a connection encrypted by Transport Layer Security, or its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer. The main motivation for HTTPS is authentication of the visited website and protection of the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 04:54AM

We can hear you when you fart. Many posters are identifiable without having to look at the screen.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 03:39PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We can hear you when you fart. Many posters are
> identifiable without having to look at the screen.

I told you not to tell him !!!!! Now his feelings will be hurt.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 03:41PM

I've been comming here for the last sixteen years or more and I have never had a problem with this site or been warned that it is unsafe.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 05:20AM

What sort of warning are you getting? What web browser are you using?

I have never gotten a warning on this site using anti-virus programs such as Norton and Windows Defender. However Microsoft's current browser, Edge, has often thrown out a "can't connect securely to this site" on a wide variety of sites, i.e. its own browser Bing, Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc. which I find alternatingly hilarious and frustrating. See Lasse's post above.

Posted by: Lasse The Lassiest ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 05:23AM

Download a free browser with a free VPN any you will be fine.

For example

http://www.opera.com/sv/computer/features/free-vpn

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 05:24AM

No, it's not dangerous. I've been coming here for ten years and never had a problem.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 07:52AM

It's unsafe because it might make you think!

I've never had any problem.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 07:58AM

I've had pop up windows while on this site on some occasions asking me to do something like computer scammer programmers do. That hasn't happened in quite some time though.

Otherwise I haven't received any warnings from my anti-virus programs this site is unsafe.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 07:59AM

The pop-up windows are from another site that you previously visited. They don't always pop up right away.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:01AM

Yes, TSM has warned members to stay away from the truth. Only view safe church approved sites. Call your bishop immediately.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:17AM

I need to move us to https instead of http. That is the warning. I already bought the certification. It will take a bit of work to make the move.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:21AM

LOL eod!

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:47AM

I'm picturing a scene from "Marathon Man", starring Dustin Hoffman, Roy Scheider, and Lawrence Olivier.

Olivier plays an ex-Nazi now hiding as a dentist in America. Olivier uses his dental experience to coax information out of Hoffman, a clueless grad student.

The only question asked between frequent drillings: "Is it safe?"

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 09:18AM

The danger is me !!! *evil laugh*

Posted by: got2BRealF ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 03:14PM

I have never had that problem. I am on a restaurant's free Wi-Fi that will not let me into my email but has no problem with this site.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.