Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 10:04PM

Nearly all religions extend their church's control by controlling the sexuality of their members. Catholics were doing it long before there even was a Mormon Church. Some sex-positive religions control their members by using sex as a reward for obedience. If you can prevent normal adults from having normal adult relationships, you can control them.

Having been out of the church for more than twenty-five years now, I have no tolerance for people who want to play both sides of the fence. If they're going to church regularly and claim to believe in it, they had better be really living the rules. That means only church sanctioned sex for them. If they don't like those rules, then they should resign. After they resign, they can do anything they want to do. I hate pretenders who try to convince people to think one thing about them, while being something else. All that does is to needlessly empower the church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 10:12PM

azsteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having been out of the church for more than
> twenty-five years now, I have no tolerance for
> people who want to play both sides of the fence.
> If they're going to church regularly and claim to
> believe in it, they had better be really living
> the rules.

The Jewish approach is (often) to start a new Jewish movement. That's why there is Conservative, Reconstructionist, Reform, Jewish Renewal, and Secular Humanist Judaism (and this is, for the most part, just among those who are Ashkenazi).

(Most Jews do not "follow the rules," regardless of what they believe or do not believe---only the Orthodox or ultra-Orthodox even make the attempt.)

Posted by: chuck francisca ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 10:14PM

I like your subject line; it reads like a male enhancement product ad.

It could even be a book title.

I agree wholeheartedly with the intended sentiment btw.

cheers

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.