Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:53PM

@ 9:00 ET Author Rachel Jeffs discusses life growing up as a daughter of fundie leader Warren Jeffs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 08:59PM

I'm glad I know.

Date: November 10, 2017 09:00PM

Normally I'd be watching Rachel Maddow at this hour. Am making an exception for this.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 10:19PM

Thanks for the head's up. I get that channel on broadcast.

Date: November 11, 2017 09:17AM

It was a good program. I'm glad Rachel was able to get out with her children and one or two of her sisters.

At least one of the other sisters was molested by Warren, like daughter Rachel was. Those two are just the tip of the iceberg of all the children he had access to.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 11:21PM

I watched some of it. Warren Jeffs got everything he deserved and more. But at a certain point, people need to take responsibility to think for themselves instead of blindly obeying a leader (as Rachel came to do.)

Date: November 11, 2017 09:11AM

If not for forced separation from her children I wonder if she'd have come to the same conclusion as soon?

She's a smart young woman with a bright future. I wish her only better things ahead.

Posted by: 23eagle76 ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 01:32AM

Damn to think this travesty resulted in giving many years of my life to the cult! I wish dateline would do a program on the cult outlining that the “Mormons” believe in eternal polygamy. I have so much disgust and distant for this sick organization of perverts masquerading as a “church”

Date: November 11, 2017 09:10AM

Right.

Warren Jeffs is a modern day Joseph Smith.

When you see how sick and perverted he was toward his own children and other people's children, it does make one want to crucify him.

He molested little boys, per other documentaries I've watched on his life. It wasn't only little girls.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 10:12AM

Of Jeffs saying only men who practice polygamy can be exalted in heaven. I only wish they would have mentioned that the same "scripture" is in force at LDS, Inc.

Also I didn't see them mention what religion, if any, she is practicing now. Hopefully not FLDS Lite.

Date: November 11, 2017 01:57PM

The man she married is former FLDS himself.

They share that in common. :)

She wore an off-shoulder wedding gown.

He has tattoos covering his arms (both forbidden in both FLDS and LDS.)

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 02:05PM

I would love for Leah Remini to allow her footage from her show to be used in a special about Mormonism. Shunning, stealing money, homophobia, breaking families apart, they don't leave former members alone..

A quote from L. Ron Hubbard and on the split screen a quote from Brigham Young.

A quote from a Scientology spokesman saying we've never done that and a quote from GBH saying I don't know that we've taught that. Along with evidence from LDS doctrine that indeed it was taught and the prophet was lying.

Mormonism=Scientology Light

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 02:05PM by abby.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 06:38AM

This girl has been on "Escaping Polygamy" on A&E. I didn't know that 2 of her sisters got out at the same time and got their children out. I'd have to listen again to remember which parents helped them get out. I was impressed. I can't imagine the lives they have led up to that point. How difficult it must have been to find their way. Glad they don't live in Utah.

I have also read or seen programs about Warren's child sexual abuse before. I'm pretty sure it was in books I've read.

Posted by: exmomedic ( )
Date: November 12, 2017 04:23PM

Two of his sons have gotten out as well

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.