Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 11:41PM

Doctor Who costume designer explains how to dress a Time Lord

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-11-10/doctor-who-costume-designer-explains-how-to-dress-a-time-lord/

It looks like a cross between Robin Williams "MorK" and Colin Baker's Sixth Doctor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 11:50PM

Meh.

Seems to be deliberately un-stylish. Hopefully it will evolve (regenerate?).

Date: November 10, 2017 11:53PM

Or the BBC will cancel it!! The last few Doctor's have had declining ratings for several years.. the same thing happened with the original in 1989...

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 10, 2017 11:56PM

I liked the guy with the scarf.

Date: November 10, 2017 11:59PM

You mean Tom Baker!?? He still hold the record for playing the Doctor the longest! He played him for 7 years!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 12:12AM

He's my doctor, and K9 is my dog.

Posted by: Ghost Of Jon Pertwee ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 01:33AM

I am afraid the show lost it's way some time ago. This will be the last nail in the coffin for the show as the BBC goes through its box checking...a female Doctor, sassy Indian companion, smart black man, white male companion who will no doubt be somewhat foolish...

I think casting a female as the Doctor is an error and her outfit will not change my mind and in all honesty neither will her performance from other things I have seen her in.

I am a huge classic Doctor Who fan but the series has been unwatchable for at least the last five years and simply it is not the show I know and love any more. And that is fine as well.

For me the first four Doctors are the ones I enjoy the most. William Hartnell was superb at defining the role, I think Patrick Troughton had the widest range of any actor to play The Doctor. Jon Pertwee is my favorite Doctor but I do think he needed strong characters to play against to bring out the best in his performance. Tom Baker stayed too long but was capable of greatness when handled firmly by Directors and Producers like Barry Letts who cast him and Philip Hinchcliffe.

Honorable mention to Colin Baker as the 6th Doctor who was hampered by John Nathan-Turner at his most egotistical but has certainly owned the role in the audio medium.

Right now I can commend Edward Woodward as Callan - I am going through the surviving episodes and releasing an audio book adventure at the end of the year. A long time before he was The Equalizer or even Sgt. Howie, you really should check Callan out. A TV series where there is never once a happy ending.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 02:44PM

I dont watch Dr.Who, but I do watch Sherlock which has the same writers.I am liking it less too. It is getting increasingly ridiculous. John's wife as an assassin who shoots Sherlock and is forgiven and a long lost sister with super powers just doesnt do it for me. Go back to the original format and knock off the comic book stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 03:10PM by bona dea.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 03:17PM

I feel the same way about Sherlock, as I liked it more when it was a modern interpretation of those stories.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 04:20PM

I will keep watching Sherlock, but Mary, the Assassin, and especially Eurus who can do anything really turned me off. I felt like I was watching sci fi in the last episode. I dont dislike sci-fi,but Sherlock is a show about a detective and about friendship-at least that is how it started and that was what I liked.I will watch Wonder Woman or Supergirl for sci fi/fantasy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 09:31PM by bona dea.

Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: November 11, 2017 03:45PM

I completely love it. I can't wait to see how the female doctor plays out. I love the outfit. Quirky with references to past doctors. Very suitable.

I and I love Sherlock as well. Sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 03:47PM by Becca.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.