Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 02:51PM

Don't know why I am feeling prolific today.

My DW and I have been married over 20 years. You can look up my old posts if you are interested in the history, I just want to explain the title.

We live in the Dallas metro area where thousands of mormons are moving from further west. This has created a mormon "bubble" where it appears the church is still growing. Because my DW is still insistent on being an active member she has been making "friends" with a lot of the new move ins over the past couple of years. At first, it was like it is with all new mormon relationships. Sunshine and candy up your ass. But because my poor wife has been exposed to me for so long she now speaks her mind, and has an opinion, and shares it.

This has created the following situation:

She has friends tell her she does not have any callings because she is "scary"

People do not invite us to parties, activities, etc., and comfort her and talk down to her.

People use her, and drop her if something better comes along(by something better I mean an active priesthood holder in the family...)

She is finally seeing it. She was frustrated by some things that had happened and I told her it was my fault. Very simply, her friends are not wired to think that she could possibly be happy with me as her husband. They cannot comprehend that even if Peter Priesthood showed up tomorrow to sweep her off her feet and I was in complete agreement she should go with him (I'm not) that she would leave me for him.

Because they are not wired that anything outside of the very narrow worldview that exists inside mormondom can create happiness, they make her unhappy.

I am now ending this nonsensical post.

tl;dr

DW is seeing the culture of TSCC for what it is...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 02:54PM

You don't want to see your wife unhappy, but this is the reality of Utah mormons. I've lived in Utah most of my life and I was always treated like this as my dad wasn't very active mormon.

I was treated better while with my gay ex who was cheating on me as he knows how to play the mormon culture game.

It's all fake. I'm so glad she sees what she has in you!!!

Date: November 21, 2017 02:57PM

Good to see you are still around cl2. You know what a long ride it has been. I hope you are doing well.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 03:02PM

Seriously? There's a mormon bubble in the DFW area? I used to live in Richardson and later, Colleyville. I think I knew 3 mormon families between both neighborhoods.

Date: November 21, 2017 03:05PM

Yep,

Frisco and Prosper area. The neighborhood I used to live in went from 2% to 10 % mormon in 3 years...Had the ward split 3 times!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: November 21, 2017 03:10PM

Wow. My good friend from way back- elementary school, lives in Frisco. Great home, great area. She never mentions mormons, and we talk every few weeks. I'll have to ask. Crazy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.