Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 03:57PM

Yep, it’s that time of the year when I get to spend time with the righteous! My favorite discussion (because 95% on what’s talked about will be THE CHURCH)concerned the new missionary worthiness interviews. After patiently listening to a self-righteous smug bishop provide excuses for dirty old men to question youngsters about all things personal, I finally said, “Given the extreme pressure in our neighborhood for young men to serve missions, don’t you think an ‘unworthy’ young man would just simply lie to you rather than disappoint his parents?” I received a less-than-holy glare in return.

I got up and went over to the conversation centering around trying to figure out who all the hordes of blond-haired kids belonged to. The Unworthy Boner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2017 04:01PM by BYU Boner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 04:51PM

Ooh lucky you, you got face time with your TBMs. We just got a bunch of harassing phone calls insisting we cone back to the fold before my poor desperately sick FIL passes on.

The cult sucks the individuality right out of people. I bet we could've swapped mine with yours and not noticed a difference.

Date: November 25, 2017 06:53PM

Sorry to read about the FIL! TBMs drive me nuts with death, too. If someone dies, it’s okay to be sad. Even Morg funerals are preaching sessions.

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 05:57PM

Odd isn’t Boner my man...that smug bishop likely lied through the process as well when he was younger. Of course no way to know who is lying to who and when in any interview process in the church. But what I learned in a bishopric was that answers and associated behavior was “practiced” by the ward members. “Mormon speak” had all the lingo,catch words and phrases all wanted to hear and use. TBMs will deny it but it is how youth survive....

Gatorman

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 06:05PM

BYU Boner,

The day is over. All is well. It's now a new day. Yea!

Have you contacted badassadam? He isn't posting right now so you might have to find him in a thread...

Date: November 25, 2017 06:51PM

Thanks, CutKitty!

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 06:26PM

all of us here at RfM are more than worthy, Boner, including yourself. TSCC wants us all to believe that we are not worthy of their concern, thoughts, and especially love.

I'm thinking of all my friends here at RfM this holiday weekend. Peace. -edz

Date: November 25, 2017 06:50PM

Hey EDZ! I hope all is well for you! Great to hear from you!

Posted by: gatorman ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 10:15PM

Hey EdZ

Would love to hear from you by usual means

Gatorman

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 08:23PM

You gave ye old bishop something to chew on besides a turkey leg.

Let him wrap his brain around that. ;)

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 08:28PM

Among other matters, I am thankful for internet friends across this wonderful country, such as you and a certain affable if irascible atheist who shall remain nameless.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 01:38PM

Late to the party (we went out of town for the holiday!)...

I'm thankful for internet friends as well. Such as the Boner, the old dog, many others...and a certain christian who shall not remain nameless...it's you, caffiend! Love you guys, with all sincerity! :)

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 09:10PM

caffiend:Among other matters, I am thankful for internet friends across this wonderful country, such as you and a certain affable if irascible atheist who shall remain nameless.

P. Ditto, caffiend.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 05:19PM

Hahaha boner you are my hero i want to leave you my email somehow. I really am going to try and stand on my own without the site but i want to stay in touch and hear all your stories with the mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.