Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 06:15PM

I did. Evening of the 18th, I think about 8pm, was in Louisville, KY, and it was unlike any sonic boom I've ever heard. I thought there had been a nearby explosion of some type. It was dark outside, no observation of any possible source.

Anyone else?

They are being reported globally, but so far, unknown cause. Lots of alien jokes, though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 07:08PM

They were just the echos of GA doors being slammed in SLC for women in the priesthood, marriage equity, financial transparency, etc.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 07:34PM

In the beginning, God said “pull my finger”.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 08:59PM

Blame the baby boomers.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 09:03PM

LOL: Best Response goes to donbagley: "Blame the baby boomers."

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 11:20PM

Posted by: LateBoomer ( )
Date: November 25, 2017 11:53PM

I heard one about a month ago, and it shook my house. But I’m pretty sure it was a sonic boom. It was quite powerful though. I haven’t heard a sonic boom in years where I live.

Yes, I’ve read about them recently. It’s apparently become a global phenomenon. It makes me wonder if there is some kind of secret aircraft being developed and tested that is capable of ultrasonic speeds.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 01:22AM

Or an extraterrestrial teenager just got her driver’s permit.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 04:42AM

LateBoomer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard one about a month ago, and it shook my
> house. But I’m pretty sure it was a sonic boom.
> It was quite powerful though. I haven’t heard
> a sonic boom in years where I live.
>
> Yes, I’ve read about them recently. It’s
> apparently become a global phenomenon. It makes
> me wonder if there is some kind of secret aircraft
> being developed and tested that is capable of
> ultrasonic speeds.

yah, KY, perfect place to do that !!!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 02:36AM

Aircraft sonic booms or bolides. Which is it ?

Posted by: Boomer ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 10:03AM

DTA, the thought that objects of that force are both raining down and being destroyed is unfathomable to this mere human. The power of an an object which survives the atmosphere to a degree -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelyabinsk_meteor

...oh, please, let it be the alien teen with a learner's permit.

The sound of Krakatoa exploding is said to have reverberated around the globe several times. Easy to discuss, difficult power to imagine.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 10:58AM

Why does this shit always happen in Russia ?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 08:24AM

I haven't heard any where I live. It seems like a mystery for sure. They aren't only being heard around the country, but the world.

"Loud booming noises have startled people across the United States, but it's not clear what actually is happening or if the separate events are even related.

Residents in a number of states—Alabama, California, Idaho, Michigan and New Jersey—have reported hearing similar, mysterious sounds. Most recently, the noises also were heard in Colorado, CBS Denver reports.

The Monday sounds left CBS Denver’s meteorologist Chris Spears baffled. The only possible explanation Spears could conclude was that meteors from the Leonid meteor shower were bursting in the sky, creating the loud noises. However, Ron Hranac, an astronomy expert, struck down his theory saying that the meteors produced by the Leonids are way too small for this to happen, according to CBS Denver.

A day after the explosion-like noises, officials believed they had a better answer of what happened on Monday night, but they still aren’t certain.

An empty oil storage tank over-pressurized near the region where residents were calling in about the boom, Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) officials told The Denver Channel. Due to the pressure, the lid was blown from the tank, “potentially resulting in a loud noise,” officials explained.

Following the incident, the oil and gas production company went on to file an accident report, which stated “that a malfunction of a production vessel led to an over-pressurization of a new and empty … storage tank, which resulted in the lid of the tank being compromised,” The Denver Post reports.

Furthermore, the report notes that no one was hurt and there were no environmental impacts or property damage outside of the boundaries of their property. The COGCC is now looking into the event to further understand what happened.

“The wells at the site will be closed in until equipment repairs have been made and a more thorough review of the incident has been completed,” the report said, according to The Denver Post.

Although the cause of the Colorado noises may have been discovered, other noises from across the country remain a mystery. A recent boom heard in Alabama left the National Weather Service in Birmingham taking many guesses as to what happened.

"Re: loud boom heard: we do not see anything indicating large fire/smoke on radar or satellite; nothing on USGS indicating an earthquake," the agency wrote on Twitter. "We don't have an answer, and can only hypothesize with you. 1) sonic boom from aircraft; 2) meteorite w/ current Leonid shower?"

However, the November 14 incident has still yet to be solved."

http://www.newsweek.com/mystery-booms-recorded-around-country-unclear-why-721533

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/313516/mysterious-loud-booms-heard-across-the-world

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 09:06AM

So I'm reading this thread and thinking I understand how the ancient Greeks felt when an earthquake happened or the Mesopotamians and their unexplained killer floods. Back before the science was figured out to explain natural phenomena.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 09:25AM

134 small earthquakes rattled the San Andreas fault just last week. That might explain some of the sonic booms heard in San Diego area, though one resident said nothing rattled when he heard the loud booms.

That's a lot of earthquakes in a short time. Could it mean the big one is next? Southern California is overdue for one - it's been 150 years since the last major earthquake over 9.0 there. That's about as far as 9.0 or higher have been spaced apart there, begging the question.

The loud booms, who knows?

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 12:29AM

A few years ago an energy company was prospecting near my father in laws property in Utah, they used some sort of shock wave and seismic monitors to image potential oil and gas deposits. I have heard this goes on all the time in Colorado. In California we have military aircraft that break the sound barrier often. We also have military doing live artillery firing. The booms carry for many miles.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 10:07AM

Hedning Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In
> California we have military aircraft that break
> the sound barrier often. We also have military
> doing live artillery firing. The booms carry for
> many miles.

I live about 40 miles from Camp Pendleton (Marine Corps base).
They do live-fire exercises (and practice beach landings under fire) all the time. I've grown accustomed to the booms.

There are lots of possible causes of "booms." Very likely, the ones being "heard" all over the country are from various (and different) sources. With no connection whatsoever.

Of course, that won't satisfy the conspiracy nuts. No, it has to be ONE thing, and it has to be secret, and it has to be nefarious...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.