Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: November 26, 2017 09:37PM

True Believing Me thought that with faith and hard work, it would all work out. After all, the "Prophet" (what a joke!) said so. This counsel was obviously straight from the mouth of God.

I apologize if I am too repetitive on this subject. But it really did ruin everything. Not everyone has the same "Go" power. Bodies often break down, get sick when put under the strain of having to do too much. The couples who succeed in doing this usually have parents on one side or the other who are helping them. Some couples are fortunate enough to have two sets of parents extending a lot of help. We had no parental help at all,no rich uncles or anything like that. SWK seemed not to be aware that the economy had changed drastically since his day.

I remember the Ensign articles where Russell M. Nelson practically bragged that he had had ten kids while going through college and medical school. And there were stories of rank and file Mormon having babies while successfully completing very rigorous academic programs. The implication, of course, was that any tithe-paying Mormon with faith can do this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 02:21AM

And please tell me what lots of children has to do with finding God. Isn't that what religion should be about? Only they know they can't deliver, so they invent tangents and distractions to keep us off balance.

Date: November 27, 2017 06:32AM

Future tithe payers help the "prophets" to find the God of Mammon. Also to be found is the Deity of power and control over others.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 02:35PM

In the days of farming,perhaps a large number of children were an asset.
But nowadays, they are a drain on resources.

Few people can handle more than two kids, either financially or emotionally.

As usual, Mormon leaders' advise is a self-serving attempt to grow money.

Date: November 27, 2017 09:45PM

The Q15 has had something of a backfiring, with so many Millennials and Generation Z's walking away.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: November 27, 2017 09:24PM

The population of the United States has gone from 200 million to 325 million since I was born.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that longs for the time when things weren't so crowd and there was room to roam without crowds of people.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 06:09AM

Newborn babies are the Mormon cult's Number One source of new members.

That says it all.

Posted by: Strength in the Loins ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 04:56AM

^^^^ ding, ding, ding. We have a winner ^^^^

Seriously, this was perhaps the most eye opening thing that I saw on my mission. Despite the church's decades-long boasting about its rapid growth through its missionary program, that growth is a complete sham. Retention after 1 year was not even 10% in most of the areas I was in. And this was in an area of supposedly robust growth in South America.

The only way the church grows is through the breeding and brainwashing program....and even that has been losing its effectiveness in the last few years.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 12:53PM

But he also said that Mormons should keep their homes "and out buildings" clean and in good repair. You know where that went; most Mormon homes don't even offer a clean place for a home teacher to sit down. He also said that masturbation leads to homosexuality. That was dumb, but he did seem to know an awful lot about "masturbation parties." I've never been invited to one, personally. He also said that Native Americans' "dark skin" was turning white with conversion to Mormonism. I don't know why Natives or any other brown skinned peoples would want to change, personally. I love brown skinned peoples. And black skinned peoples. White is not nearly as good.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 01:46PM

What was not stated about TBM's having 10 children while going through educational studies: They were either on the government dole or they were being heavily subsidized by their well-to-do families.

Another great example of Mormons lack of honesty.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 01:46PM

I hear what you are saying. Believing that he was a prophet and what he said was valid set us up for a bad fall when we realized he was only a simple minded farm boy, and not very educated at that.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 01:54PM

Wasn't there talk from SLC regarding the notion that ghawd wouldn't send you children without providing a way for the parents to support all the children. Sort of a promise, like the old promise that paying tithes would make you rich...?

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 01:38AM

Some of the marvelous blessings of letting God do the birth control in our home is the blessing of not wasting so much time on pleasures like sex which can be spent instead on real joys like doing chapel cleaning assignments so Heavenly Father can save money on janitors and us having less worry about having kids unexpectedly. And of course the greatest blessing of all is having decently sized families. True there are some slothful families in the Ward that only have about 8 to 12 children but thank heavens for the valiant ones who have 13, 14, or more reasonably righteous numbers of children. It really bothers me how lazy some of these couples are in the Church who limit their family sizes to just 11 children. They should have to answer at Judgment Day for such iniquities in so grossly limiting the size of their family. And thank goodness for such an awesome reasonable doctrine.

Posted by: illini ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 09:56PM

It is more of the "do as I say, not as I do" as most of the general authorities do not have exceptionally large families.

Posted by: illini ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 10:08PM

Apostle: # of Children
Monson: 3
Nelson: 10
Oaks: 6
Ballard: 7
Hales: 2
Holland: 3
Eyring: 6
Uchtdorf: 2
Bednar: 3
Cook: 3
Christofferson: 5
Andersen: 4
Rasband: 5
Stevenson: 4
Renlund: 1

Average of 4 kids. I would rather see a sermon than hear one any day. These guys were pretty well off and if they cannot lead by example...well....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.