Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 10:42AM

Holland unhinged...
http://www.mrm.org/mormon-apostle-furious-with-people-who-leave-the-lds-church
Maybe try answering questions instead of threatening to not let people leave your Abusive Doomsday Sex CULT of Joseph's Myth, you creepy geezer.
While I disagree with the author's conclusion, Jesus is everything, they provide some evidence that the bleeding is causing the old geezers at the top to suffer brain hemorrhaging.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 10:48AM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 10:58AM

"This is the Church of the happy endings."

That's how a massage parlor in San Francisco advertised.
They wanted my money, too.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 01:27PM

Hahahahaha now thats funny.

Date: November 28, 2017 03:30PM

..."The Church of Happy Endings"

Should be spray painted in graffiti on the side of every Morgue CULT center around the world along with a pic of their Pagan phallic fertility God holding his redonkulous erection in his hand, like he is shown in BoA, Fax 2, Fig 7.

Somebody get on that, STAT!

Date: November 28, 2017 04:46PM

Is that what that is? Never would have seen that if you did not point it out.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 09:29PM

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 11:12AM

Min's schwantzstucker is in a weird place, like from his belly button, and it points straight out; now that's what I call "health in the navel"!

Must have have been a genetic defect from all that inbreeding...

Date: December 01, 2017 11:52AM

Pretty sure that isn't where the penis is located, i guess we evolved a lot since then. Unless its a major outtie belly button.

Posted by: Anon for this ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 01:56AM

At least you get something for your money.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 11:12AM

Holland will drag you back kicking and screaming.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 11:18AM

Holland's anger comes from the fact that he feels like a fool for being on the losing end of the deal.

"How dare you use your own senses and see that the ship is half submerged? What kind of taffy pulling reason is that? How dare you get in the life boat just because I can't answer all your little questions about how we are going to plug all the holes and bob to the top again? Don't you understand that you are making me, Elder Holland, look like a stupid old fool when you think for yourselves and leave? I'm furious and I'm not gonna let you leave. Dammit. Get back here and drown in ignorance with the rest of us!"

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 11:29AM

"This. Church. Means. Everything to me. Everything!"*

*"I'm way too old to go out and get a real job!"

Date: November 28, 2017 01:29PM

Hahahahaha too old and too scared, normal people would eat him alive on the jobsite.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 11:30AM

Oh really Jeff?? I have yet to receive your scolding phone call imploring me to get my ass back to church. I would take great pleasure in telling you to go fuck yourself!

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 12:40PM

^^^^ This. ^^^^^^

Posted by: cutekitty ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 01:18PM

"Creepy geezer"!!!! way too funny!!!! LMFAO

say it out loud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 03:29PM by cutekitty.

Date: November 28, 2017 01:31PM

He is definitely one of the creepiest, oaks is pretty d@mn creepy as well.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 01:58PM

Mormons suck and blow says the vacuum cleaner salesman.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 02:17PM

The new, never-ending trend of modern-day Mormonism...

I sent the story of 'TBMs' Vicious & Blanently Deceitful divorce to the GAs (Uchtdorf, no less), it's all documented.

His response: crickets, but in unison with my please asking Forgiveness & Repentance...

Yup, that's how it "works", for them at least.

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 02:21PM

"As if none of this ever mattered."

That's right! Good job Jeff, realizing that an abusive money con built on a work of fiction TOTALLY. DOESN'T. MATTER.

"What kind of patty cake taffy pull experience is that?"
Well, it was more like a bunch of Sundays spent wasting time and kissing hiney with a chintzy version of Simon Says cosplay thrown in but yeah, it was certainly an insignificant blip on my spiritual journey.

"I won't let you leave."
Not the way it works, Jeffy-sweetums. But you know that, apparently, because I never heard from you after I sent my letter in. You probably realized there was too much Irish in me to try blocking my path.

Posted by: LatterDay Ain't ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 05:38PM

"as if this is all just supposed to be ‘just exactly the way I want it and answer every one of my questions and pursue this and occupy that and defy this – and then maybe I’ll be a Latter-day Saint.’ Well, there’s too much Irish in me for that."

Jeff means questions like "why did Joseph Smith feel the need to have a 14 year old wife (Helen Mar's Kimball)? Why did he marry over five teenage girls? Why did he marry women who were already married to other good men? Why is there no archeological evidence of the BOM whatsoever? Why did multiple prophets document that the Hill Cumorah in New York was the same as in the BOM?

Jeff is an insult to the Irish. I am Irish, and I am insulted, and hereby kick Jeffy out of Irishdom. You are no longer Irish Jeff.

Date: November 28, 2017 05:43PM

Never would have guessed he was irish. I am part irish and i wish i never was part irish knowing this.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: November 28, 2017 06:07PM

I've never heard about Mormonism Research Ministry. It is not something, I can get behind based on their About Us page. I do appreciate that they shared the article and quoted what Holland said.

Posted by: ProvoX ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 04:51AM

Was this "The Tempe Tirade"?

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 05:14AM

If "the Irishman" were physically present, I'd love to have him try to stop me. Elder abuse isn't a particular hobby of mine, but I'd make an exception just this once.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 11:51AM

Someone in the church told me Elder Holland suffers from clinical depression. I don’t doubt it. I did like Holland when he was president of BYU when I was there. He did seem to actually care about the students and campus was a lot looser in those days than it is now. Maybe Jeff is off his meds or he ain’t digging being an apostle. He seems to have anger issues. He was much happier as a university president. I guess being stuck as an apostle sucks.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 10:17PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone in the church told me Elder Holland
> suffers from clinical depression. I don’t doubt
> it. I did like Holland when he was president of
> BYU when I was there. He did seem to actually
> care about the students and campus was a lot
> looser in those days than it is now. Maybe Jeff
> is off his meds or he ain’t digging being an
> apostle. He seems to have anger issues. He was
> much happier as a university president. I guess
> being stuck as an apostle sucks.

I remember reading somewhere, some time ago, that his wife Pat was not well, either.

They were a real love-birds couple. If Pat is not well, that too would take it's toll on his emotionally stability.

I had the opportunity of brief, but real, acquaintance with them, even spent Christmas with them when Matt was on his mission in Scotland. They really were a lovely couple. Very happy and joyful.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 10:40AM

Rubicon Wrote:
> Someone in the church told me Elder Holland
> suffers from clinical depression. I don’t doubt
> it. I did like Holland when he was president of
> BYU when I was there. He did seem to actually
> care about the students and campus was a lot
> looser in those days than it is now. Maybe Jeff
> is off his meds or he ain’t digging being an
> apostle. He seems to have anger issues. He was
> much happier as a university president. I guess
> being stuck as an apostle sucks.

My dad knows and likes him, and he arranged an academic favor for my wife several years ago (one that shouldn't have needed to be arranged in the first place, but still he stepped up and took care of it).I shouldn't speak so unkindly of him.

I haven't talked to my dad about it, but Holland was a nice guy. Maybe clinical depression or just unhappiness with his present job situation is getting him down. Whatever it is, I'm sorry to see him appear miserable.

Date: November 30, 2017 12:43PM

scmd Wrote:

> My dad knows and likes him, and he arranged an
> academic favor for my wife several years ago (one
> that shouldn't have needed to be arranged in the
> first place, but still he stepped up and took care
> of it).I shouldn't speak so unkindly of him.
>
> I haven't talked to my dad about it, but Holland
> was a nice guy. Maybe clinical depression or just
> unhappiness with his present job situation is
> getting him down. Whatever it is, I'm sorry to see
> him appear miserable.

When I knew he and Pat, they truly were a very decent and happy couple. Enjoyable to be around. Great conversation. I honestly find it sad that the last part of his life appears to be not nearly as joyful and happy as the middle part of his life.

I do expect it's the pressure he feels at being an "apostle" of the God.

It would have been better for him to be a retired university president. He really, honestly, loved that job. Loved the students.

Date: November 29, 2017 01:51PM

He seems to be going down the hole of mental breakdown.

He was a real decent and very happy man when he was president of BYU. Now all he seems to be is angry and bitter.

Sad.

Date: November 29, 2017 04:20PM

I liked Holland as a university president. I even talked with him a bit while I was a student and he seemed to genuinely like his job. He seemed to really care about the students. He seems so angry and miserable now.

Date: November 29, 2017 04:17PM

Patty cake taffy pull? What the hell is he talking about? I never saw anyone in such need for Xanax or a blowjob. Get yourself together Jeff. I would suggest having a few drinks but with your anger issues that might make you even worse.

Date: November 29, 2017 08:04PM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------
> Patty cake taffy pull? What the hell is he
> talking about?
-------------------
Its a lame attempt to belittle those of us who had the courage of our convictions, to follow the truth to its only real logical conclusion, Joseph's Myth is not just bogus, but harmful, dangerous and bad for us.
It's blatantly racist. It still publishes as THE "Word of God", the most flagrantly racist 19th Century myths used to justify enslaving blacks and killing Native Americans and stealing their land. That harms people i know and love.
Moronism is a plague.
It still enables and protects sexual predators and blames victims. That harms people I know and love. That aint laffy taffy.
It still does irreprable harm to friends of mine it dehumanizes because theyre homosexuals by doing the exact opposote of Christs cpmmandment to love our fellow men as ourselved. When men love each other, Mormons actively fight against their freedom to get married. Thsys harms people I knoe and love.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 08:28PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 09:46PM

Years ago when a TBM wrote to Robert Kirby complaining that President Hinkley wouldn't be happy about Kirby making fun of Mormons, Kirby wrote a fun column about how he could probably win a fight with Hinkley.

I'm going to borrow from that and say I could probably win the fight if Holland tries to make me go back.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 04:10AM

I love you guys with your humorous remarks! You're funny as hell, and you made my day!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 07:39AM

Good analogy

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 07:40AM

He reminds me of a little kid who comes home from school crying because the other kids told him that Santa wasn't real...

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 09:10AM

The more he talks about people leaving the more he promotes the idea that people are leaving the church and begs the question why?

This is why in nudge communications they focus on landing the message differently, playing the peer angle - hence the vast majority of people re-using their towels is a common hotel message.

When people hear that lots are leaving, they wonder why. When told don't read, they wonder why not.

Although many will still stay, Holland is giving credibility to leaving by constantly harping on about it. But then again, i think his style is more about competing with Uchdork than real messaging. IMO Holland is a narcissist that craves the attention and affection of the members - therefore his talks are aimed at increasing his standing. Personally i think he's pretty weak.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 09:39AM

Good point!

I would love to hear them rail on those low down thieves that keep stealing the church's rolls of tp and bottles of Ty-D-Bol. They really need to clamp down on such thievery.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:49AM

He's in too deep and can't swim, or even scream for help. IOW, [we] the devil won't let him leave (to find himself or truth or lasting happiness).

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.