Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 10:56AM

I saw this story early today on the KSL website. I barely know what kind of sport it is that he's leaving but it sounds like there's money in it, so I guess for him to leave must indicate that he's really into being a member of TSCC.

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46206482&nid=1419

And as always, read the comments from the readers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 11:22AM

I don't have an issue with any athlete parting ways with a sponsor for a variety of reasons. But I do take issue with Satterfield airing his personal business about the sponsor's marketing decisions, and also using an interview with a sports site to proselytize. Neither strike me as professional behavior.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 11:33AM

Sounds like a real asshole - he'd make a great missionary.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 08:59AM

He would need to lose his lip ring and get a haircut . Then he would not be a cool BMX bro dude . If he really believes what he said which was basically " bearing his testimony" I wonder why he does not give up his lucrative sport and get his ass right down to the MTC. He is big phoney . That is why.

Posted by: 64monkey ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 11:35AM

In the comments all the ate up TBMs praise him for standing up for what he believes in. However, I ask what is he standing up for? He gives no details as to what about Monster marketing logos give him so much moral pain.

Apparently he's not so stand up to face a lawsuit if his moral objections could be seen by Monster as liableous.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 02:38PM

The heart of his diatribe:

" Some perceived ‘wisdom’ of the world is certainly a stumbling block that ensnares if one is not careful. There is an actual dark side of things that deceives. Most who find this ‘knowledge’ sit in their pride of having it and don’t actually step back and analyze it and can be pulled down into darkness; those who analyze it fully are already – or then become – Christians."

Oh right Colton, the Mormons are the ones who analyze fully all the facts without skewing them in their favor, who are never prideful in their assertions. Don't make me laugh.

Claiming you are the only true church and the only ones going to the CK is not prideful? Your Book of Abraham is a made up lie and the BoM is a boring D grade novel, and you claim to have "analyzed fully?" Perhaps you should analyze fully how ridiculous your statements are. Another serving of indoctrination perhaps, Colton?

Why did your Apostle Packer have to name intellectuals as one of the greatest threats to Mormonism along with feminism and equal rights for gays? When Intellectualism is a threat to you that is an admission that you cannot back up your claims with anything but feelings.

When intellectualism is a threat to you that is an admission that you have not analyzed anything fully and are afraid to do so.

Posted by: MCR ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 12:05AM

Wow, D&D, at least you understood his claptrap. I couldn't make hide nor hair of the quotation you posted.

Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 08:16PM

That he doesn't want to promote Monster Energy because of his beliefs is one thing, I don't care.

That he decided to be a pompous ass about how 'others don't understand' is, well, he is on his way to be a GA. His negativity is ugly.

I don't drink sports drinks, but was wondering what his deal is with Monster. So looking around I see that some idiots think it has 666 in Hebrew on it's logo. Snopes shows that this is inaccurate, but idiots will be idiots.

Don't know if that is his problem with Monster, but it was interesting to find out.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 10:39AM

Posted by: perditious1 ( )
Date: November 29, 2017 08:48PM

My guess is CTE, google Dave Mirra

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 04:02PM

The brainwashed youth.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 06:44PM

He is aging out of the sport and he wants a desk job with a big mormon owned company that will pay him big dollars.

His body is in pain and he has lots of pre-existing conditions.

A newspaper article is better than a resume because more people will read it.

The monster thing is just kind of a bargaining chip he has with God. Similar to what people do during the grief cycle.

I will do _________ God if only you will help me __________.

Mormons love to read validating stories about mormonism.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.