Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 11:43AM

Well everyone, it's been 12 years in the making, but I just submitted my resignation. I used the "Quit Mormon" site, as I've heard that is the best way to limit unwanted contact from the church. The tipping point was when the missionaries showed up at my apartment last night - it genuinely creeped me out that a church I've had no contact with for over 12 years would track me down. That was the last straw. The missionaries were incredibly nice young men, but I just didn't want to get into another cycle where I was constantly feeling anxiety over missionaries or other Mormons showing up at my door, or at my work.

To any Mormons reading this, I honestly just wanted to go our own ways - I had no problem letting the church count me on their membership records, so long as they left me alone. For as much as Mormons love to chant about people "leaving the church but not leaving it alone," the church forced my hand. I didn't want this, but now that it's done it feels so good. A weight that I didn't even realize I've been carrying for several years has been lifted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 11:45AM

You chose wisely. Good on ya!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 12:05PM

They might still come calling to try to talk you out of it. I suggest you tell them you're not interested in discussing it. Then gently close the door or hang up the phone.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 12:26PM

Welcome to the world of ex-mormons.
You're in good company :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 12:37PM

Mormonism is a DISEASE, I expect to see it listed in the DSM soon!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 01:12PM

Congrats !!!!

Posted by: ptbarnum ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:46PM

Yay! Good on you. Felt so good when I did it. I was of the same "just leave me alone" mentality but they wouldn't leave me alone.

"Fastest growing religion" my plump derriere! May it continue to shrivel, wither, and finally gasp its last, a sad relic of an ignorant age.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 04:43PM

"Quit Mormon" is the route I took when I became unshackled from the gawd almighty morg and climbed out of their sewer pit of despair. It took about a month, but was well worth it. Nobody from the ward contacted me, it was easy peasy. I doubt that my bishop even knew. I have since moved from that address and ward and started anew in a different state.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 04:48PM

Now you can confidently and truthfully say "No" when asked if you are a mormon. To me, that was such a RELIEF!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 05:09PM

Mormons are assigned and expected to visit all other Mormons. If they don't pester a member, it is good luck on that member's part, and laziness on the organization's part.

Mormons visit members. It's in their DNA. The best way to get them to stop is to stop being a member. You have chosen wisely, grasshopper.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 06:21PM

Good for you! Congratulations. Hopefully that will cut out the unwanted visitors.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 06:41PM

and get thrilling updates about how many people resign every few weeks. The text usually says something like the last one dated 11/24/2017: "Two hundred and thirty-six people have just resigned from the LDS church. Total resignations: 11527"

I do not know when that total of 11,527 started from. Anyone out there know when they started counting?

I wis we had an exact figure of now much tithing money the Morg is losing because of those 11,527 exmos. I believe that the figure is substantial and a big worry for the big boys in downtown Salta Lakey Shitty.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 01:16PM

Good for you! I did it several years ago and it was such a great decision. I no longer have members or missionaries tracking me down. Congratulations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 01:16PM by Atari.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 01:19AM

Congratulations!!

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 03:11AM

Congratulations!

I didn't want to resign, because I felt I had the right, as an American, to just leave, and attend or not attend any church I pleased. I didn't want to jump through their hoops, since they had no authority over me.

The Mormons forced me to resign, because I couldn't stand the harassment, anymore. They pounded on my door late at night, in groups of 2 or 3 men--often strangers--uninvited and unannounced, of course. They wouldn't stop pounding, until I finally would yell through the door: "I'm not opening the door." They knew I was home, and lived alone. At first, I let in the bishopric, and the stake presidency (I was the stake organist, and there was a shortage of organists), and my HT's and some neighbor men. These men threatened me, and insulted me. They maligned me unjustly, when my children were there, and my son stood up and told the men to leave! I backed him up, and went and opened the door, without saying anything (I was too upset to speak), and stood there until they left. I wanted the threats, bullying, lies, and gossip to stop. I was a good person, and didn't deserve being disrespected. All this convinced my children that they should resign, too, and we resigned together.

Resigned stopped 80% of the stalking and harassment, for me, but my children are still being pestered. A senior missionary tracked down my son, from a picture of him with a Mormon friend on Facebook. She called the Mormon friend, and of course his loyalty was to the cult and not my son, so he gave the missionary my son's address. First the boy missionaries came, then the girl missionaries, then the neighborhood bishopric, etc. My son has money, and he has children that they are trying to lure into Primary, through neighborhood friends. My son keeps telling them that he and his family are Lutheran, but nothing stops them, because my son and his wife are very polite and nice. We live in SLC, and I guess we will never be able to completely shake off the Mormons.

The only thing the Mormons understand is a loud "NO", repeated about 50 times, with no explanations attached, no smile, no politeness, just a slam of the door. Slam! You are out!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.