Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:17PM

What a world we live in!

“My children are asked every day, ‘do you believe in God? Why don’t you go?” Estes told LEX 18. “He’s been told by teachers things like the Atheists will be eaten by bears.”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/11/30/kentucky-mother-says-her-kids-are-bullied-at-school-for-not-being-christians/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:20PM

And Kentucy is all the explaination needed.

Too bad They couldn't move to a different state. I wonder what

the median IQ is for Kentucky and Alabama?

The 10th dumbest state is Kentucky with an average IQ of 99.4

Here's a link if anyone is interested:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-dumbest-states-in-america.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2017 02:33PM by saucie.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:32PM

"I wonder what the median IQ is for Kentucky and Alabama?"

That's a good question, though, there are plenty of normal IQ people that believe all kinds of whacky stuff.

I wonder how long before we hear the No-True Christian argument.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:34PM

So true, I was just wondering what the median IQ is for that state... and I found out.

Posted by: scmd ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 03:50AM

saucie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Kentucy is all the explaination needed.
>
> Too bad They couldn't move to a different state.
> I wonder what
>
> the median IQ is for Kentucky and Alabama?
>
> The 10th dumbest state is Kentucky with an average
> IQ of 99.4
>
> Here's a link if anyone is interested:
>
> https://www.thestreet.com/story/12712489/1/the-10-
> dumbest-states-in-america.html

The "smartest" and "dumbest" according to the story is based on attainment of bachelor's degrees or higher and not on IQ scores, though the report cites IQ scores. (What is reported online doesn't cite what intelligence battery/batteries is/are used.)

The 10th "smartest" state, according to the report, is Minnesota, with a mean IQ score of 103.7. If Kentucky is the 10th "dumbest" with 99.4, that's a mere 4.3 IQ points separating the tenth "smartest" and 10th "dumbest." With the standard deviation on most standardized IQ tests being 15 points, a 4.3 point difference is far from statistically significant. The strict "average" for a typically standardized IQ battery (Wechsler, Stanford-Binet, etc.) is calibrated to be 100, but anything between 90 and 110 is considered within the average range. If our tenth-dumbest state is only six-tenths of a percentage point from the strictest definition of average, how in hell did Trump get elected?

That study is worthless. All it tells a person is which states have the most people with baccalaureate degrees and beyond. While education is essentially a good thing, that statistic in and of itself isn't as telling as one might assume, especially with all the diploma mills available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 03:50AM by scmd.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 02:38PM

I swear to Voltaire, the muzzies in Morocco have never treated me this bad for not being muzzie, chrissie or otherwise religiously challenged. Of course I get along best with the most secular ones, but the more devout ones love to discuss the topic like adults.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 03:10PM

Everyone should know how i feel about bullying. I don't tolerate it for two seconds.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 03:20PM

That same teacher also said, “Historians agree that the Bible is the most historically accurate book of all time.”

Um...no.
Not even close.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 06:18PM

That wouldn't fly in Maryland. I have kids with atheist parents in my class.

Posted by: Witless Protection ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 06:26PM

Point out that in the very beginning Genesis 1&2 have conflicting creation stories.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 07:54PM

A little kid at our local California school got beat up because he wasn't Christian.

We're talking SOUTHERN California...

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 01:24AM

But I've been gone for over 40 years. I guess things change.

I was nominally Presbyterian, but didn't really care much one way or the other. My best friend was, from the time I met her at age 13, an agnostic. My neighborhood buddies were Catholics. We all got along. Nobody really cared about other people's religion or lack thereof.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 03:28AM

How Christian of his aggressors...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 30, 2017 11:49PM

Half of the people in this country are below average.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 07:51AM

This B.S. is meant to fit the faux "we're under attack" narrative

Posted by: KY Atheist ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 08:48AM

Isn't it true that any kid different from a majority will be prone to school bullying? This behavior is related to the fact that they allow a religious gatherings to be held in a public school, and the kids are able to identify as a majority within the building itself.

Stanton is tiny, < 3000 people. The only Christian school was closed nearly a decade ago, so it would seem that the majority "took over" the public school.

This "would not fly" in Louisville or Lexington, either. This tiny town seems to have been turned into a theocracy. If every atheist/agnostic had the courage to go public in such an isolated, religious community, stories like these would not be limited to "one of the most dumb States."

The bullying of a minority is not remarkable. This woman's courage, on the other hand, is.

This is how most "dumb Kentuckians" behave:

https://huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55fc7308e4b0fde8b0ce4136

Stanton, KY:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton,_Kentucky

Good job to those who like to generalize about others. :/ No need to bully "the dumb kids." The subject was bad religious behavior, and I hardly think one could use either wealth or brains to measure the behavior of the Q or mormon members.

Eric is in TN, included on the "most dumb" list. "Dumb" behavior is reported from every State, and many would say that UT is the most theocratic, prone to the most religiously-related bad behavior.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Posted by: nevermojohn ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 12:37PM

I guess these christians were never taught to love their neighbor as themselves.

I am sure it is just an oversight.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.