Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 10:36AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:14AM

No. All doors are now closed.

They are usually found these days working for tscc doing busy work/ cheap labor, at computer terminals watching useless junk on YouTube or playing games online, and often at
members' homes eating, goofing around, playing with the kids and "skyping", or wandering aimlessly in the streets cooling their feats.

They tract, if they tract at all, beating themselves up, on the beaten track.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:40AM

Yes, they tract my street atleast once a month.

Date: December 01, 2017 11:53AM

Probably lost. Trying to find the truth, or converts, whichever is more likely (neither).

M@t

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:57AM

They definitely seem lost when i see them but i have started to sympathize with their hell. I never served a mission but i did try to make up for it by being a vigilant ward missionary but i just feel like it was a giant waste in the end. My own experiences i learned in life outweighed anything the missionaries were programmed to say i found that out quickly so they asked me to come along with them all the time but it got very tiresome and old. So i sympathize now.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 01:19PM

The ones in my area spend their afternoons popping wheelies and making do-nuts on their bikes. They appear to bored.

Another set played chicken with an oncoming train. They stood in the middle of the track with their bikes; staring at a freight train barreling down. They pedaled off the crossing at the last possible moment. They must not care too much about their own safety or their lives.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:10PM

Maybe they were subconsciously -- or even consciously -- hoping to end their misery.

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:08PM

Most of the above is good occupational therapy for their callings

Date: December 01, 2017 05:16PM

I'm a nevermo in my fifties. I've owned homes in three cities, and had the occasional apartment while working out-of-town. I have never had mishies turn up at my door tracting. Never. The JWs, OTOH, have worked each of my neighborhoods at various times. Even received follow up letters due to my "interest" (it seems politely shutting the door is perceived as interest).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 05:16PM by nomonomo.

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 05:28PM

I live in a hotbed of Mo activity on the East Coast. Virginia has more mo's than anywhere outside the mountain west. Apparently they get out of the military and stay put.

In the 15 years I have lived in this haus, I have had the mo's show up at my door 2x. Once, a friend of mine who lived 3 streets away sicked them on me when they showed up at her door. And the only real visit was about 3 years ago one summer evening. Occasionally, I'll see them at a park or other place where lots of people congregate on a Saturday afternoon.

Date: December 02, 2017 12:43AM

I have lived in Virginia (DC suburbs) for 12 years, and they have never knocked on my door. I see them on their bikes all over the area though, so I know they're around.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 03:45PM

bikeriding in my area all the time, too. I never can figure out where they are going, as I never see them stop and park their bikes. I guess as long as they look good with their suits and bike helmets, it gives the impression they are on their way to "somewhere".

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 06:49PM

I think that government work and allied fields bring them into the area as well.

Maryland has a lot of private communities. I live in one of them. The entire community is considered to be private property, and we ban all religious missionaries and other solicitors. I think in the past missionaries were housed in one of the condos in my community. I would occasionally see a missionary coming or going, but they knew better than to proselytize here. Now I never see them unless they are paying a call on a church member. The cost of renting in my community may have gotten to be too much for the church to bear. On very rare occasions in the wider community, I see them in the local library on P-day, or out tracting. I would say 80-90% of the time, they've looked miserable. It's a rare missionary that looks happy in my area.

Much to my surprise, the local membership has shrunk. I'm surprised because central Maryland has a huge military presence. But even that has not been enough to help. Whatever conversions the church as been getting seem to come from Hispanic immigrants.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2017 06:49PM by summer.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 04:54AM

Never see them anymore I think I may be black-listed though, as I'm known to be an atheist. Also, I will discuss historical and doctrinal issues.

Posted by: commongentile ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 03:59PM

I sometimes ask missionaries about tracting -- if they do it, what their thoughts are about it, etc. Many of them have told me that they do some tracting but don't enjoy it and find that it yields very few investigators given the time that has to be put into it.

Posted by: sonflower ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 06:14PM

We moved to NW Arkansas last March and within 2 weeks we had 2 visits. The first time was only a few days after we moved in, and my adult son told them we were not home. They came back a week later, one young 18 or 19 year old, with an adult man, maybe in his 40's. I asked them how they felt about JS marrying 14 year olds and they had blank looks on their faces and didn't respond. I told them to do their own research about their history and not to come back. They left with no comment. There is a large, beautiful LDS church a few miles from us and they apparently seekout our new residents to our area. Hope they don't return.

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 11:12PM

Doors didn't work - they were too much work - they are going for {through} windows now. They are easier to convince, or break. Lower "standards" probably.

Date: December 04, 2017 11:05AM

Where I'm from they still do [barn door to barred door].

They call them tractors.

I farm as a detractor.
My pharm is mormonite-free!
Organically. Naturally.

M@t

Posted by: readwrite ( )
Date: December 11, 2017 03:22PM

De tractors need service, badly. They are broken, out of oil, and must be pushed. Pushing Mormonism won't pull investigators/ investors in. It's just a collection of (70,000 x 2 years) 140,000+ years [of could be real learning, real work, real experiences] wasted... Every Two Years. Repeating lies and living one-two.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.