Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Segundo ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 01:53PM

I couldn't believe it when the first speaker on Sunday stated he was asked by the bishopric to speak on BKP's GC talk. He stated that BKP is an inspired apostle of Gawd. The second speaker confirmed these sentiments as well. Plus, some guys in the EQ proclaimed how bold and prophetic BKP is. It was all hard to sit through while keeping my mouth shut, but I'm not a confrontational person.

Has anyone else seen local wards endorse BKP's anti-homosexuality talk?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 01:59PM

Stap the old man to a polygraph and ask him questions like. Do tight young men's buttocks arouse you?

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 02:00PM

Also--as someone pointed out in a previous post--it takes no courage to be a bully!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 02:02PM by WiserWomanNow.

Posted by: pepto dismal ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:02PM

I think if they stopped telling Packer when conference was he would probably just stay home and watch cartoons in his pajamas. A win-win for everyone!

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:22PM

I don't torture myself by going to church, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wards around here were defending him. It's interesting that someone was asked to give a talk specifically about it though. Says something about the bishop...

Posted by: rutabaga ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 06:36PM

We had a BKP recap by the high council guy last week and the 14 points of a prophet yesterday.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 07:33PM

Many times on the same day that Hyrum Smith was presching that there was no such thing as Polygamy, Joseph was conducting those very ceremonies.

When I weas young and the 1978 Ban was lifted, people said such tthings as - Don't worry, we won't have any of Them as a Bishop.

On the end of the year while the morg was claiming that its members didn't contribute a lot to the Prop8, they were claiming it on their taxes.

And today, the church claims that the Packed on didn't say what he meant, but the entire church acts as if they understood very well their marching orders.

And when the church tries to look mainstream to outsiders, no matter how real it looks, it IS still a mask.

Posted by: caedmon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 08:11PM

Did they teach the version he gave a GC or the later published version?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.