Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 06:54PM

Ok I saw the lame sisters that I had enough of! They were walking by and tracting!going to lie to more people and never tell them how this so called church is a lie!they saw me but stuck their noses up like we are better than you! I am sick of missionaries and if they knock on my door I will give them the truth of this so called church!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 07:25PM

I hope they leave you alone.

Date: December 02, 2017 09:41PM

They better! I will see

Posted by: Mishnomer ( )
Date: December 02, 2017 10:52PM

Keep in mind that they are just kids who know nothing about the religion other than what they've been taught. They mean well in their ignorance.

Date: December 03, 2017 01:41PM

Anyone is emotionally stunted if they care more about strangers who harass them than their own survival.

The missionaries don't need their victims to take care of them. That's the job of their church, their mormon friends, and their parents.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 02:07PM

I think the point is that the teenage missionaries, to some extent, are victims as well.

That doesn't mean what they're doing is okay or should be accepted, but there has to be some way to be firm without further injuring the missionary--or worse--feeding a persecution complex that will cement their place in the morg.

Whenever I see or hear about a nasty exchange between a missionary and an exmormon, I think the missionary has evidence that not being Mormon makes a person angry and evil.

Sometimes it can't be helped. Lots of times. The lady missionaries were "sicced" on me after I left. They weren't going to stop until I showed them the door. They asked to pray with me and I told them no.

Especially the Mormon missionaries from Utah need to see that one can be exMormon and a whole and kind person.

Date: December 03, 2017 04:31PM

Are they victims? Yes, they're victims who are still victimizing the innocent prey they stalk.

Our number one first responsibility is to ourselves, not to those who harass or lie to us.

The motives of the stalkers are not ours to own. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

Our job is to recover, not to prop up TBM strangers who roam the streets.

If an exmo feels helping them promotes his or her recover, that's another matter.

Crazyhose doesn't feel that way.

Date: December 06, 2017 11:46PM

Both are from Utah and hard core Mormons! Utah is the most unfriendly state unless you are Mormon! But they will never stop! They want you to be Mormon when they want!

Date: December 06, 2017 11:47PM

Jehovah's witness are more skilled at debating and can never leave! Mormons are aggressive but cowards to!

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 02:58PM

I was visited by the missionaries many years ago, as described in other posts. Haven't had any contact since, but I see them around the neighborhood occasionally.
If and when they do show up, my plan is to invite them in if otherwise convenient, make them comfortable--they have enough troubles of their own, as I've learned well from this board--and then politely but firmly decline their religious message. I'll try to be more tactful than I was nearly 40 years ago. After that, the crystal ball becomes cloudy.
I also saw some JWs yesterday, but apparently they skipped us. Them, I would brush off as politely as possible, at the door.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 07, 2017 01:38AM

When i see them walking the streets almost everyday i just feel like they are being tortured and broken down more and more.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 07, 2017 01:49AM

Thank you, Crazyhorse, and Cheryl. I agree with you 100%:

"The missionaries don't need their victims to take care of them. That's the job of their church, their mormon friends, and their parents."

Not only are we victims, but our children are being stalked by Mormon missionaries, as future victims! Always remember that. If you feed them, and encourage them, they will have the energy to knock on one more door--and that might be the door of someone you love--and the missionaries will lie, and manipulate, and try to ruin the life of someone you care about, in order to get more money for LDS, Inc. It's a cult, a polygamous cult, a cult of hate.

Do not feed. No not make eye contact. Back away.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: December 07, 2017 01:55AM

Remember the notorious Hi-fi killer? He was a "victim" of abuse when he was a child, and he used that to excuse himself of the murders he committed. Nevertheless, he committed those murders, and those three people are dead.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 04:01PM

I can't get away from them; my wife keeps inviting them over for dinner. I often end up reading in the corner while the missionaries and my wife exchange testimonies.

My wife will occasionally pull me into the conversation to defend a straw man account of why I think Joseph Smith was a con man or the church is lying to its members. I'm still not sure whether her intent is to put me or the missionaries on the spot.

One missionary who has returned home has reached out to me on LinkedIn and is asking for my sources about Joseph Smith and the church. I guess I made an impression on at least one missionary.

Date: December 10, 2017 12:37PM

I agree and they can't say no!if I see them knocking on my door I will say i am not interested anymore and you are a cult!have a nice day, they are ignorant about what their cult teaches!

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: December 07, 2017 04:28PM

I can't stand ANYONE who goes door-to-door selling ANYTHING. It's ridiculous that people walk around neighborhoods to hawk their wares. Missionaries are a pain in the butt, along with young foreigners selling magazine prescriptions, companies selling lawn services, kids fundraising for their school, etc.

Date: December 10, 2017 12:38PM

Mormons and Jehovah's witnesses are very annoying! Just stop knocking on our doors!both are cults anyway

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: December 08, 2017 10:22PM

I see them on a regular basis as there is a missionary apartment in the neighborhood. Usually, we leave each other alone, although I do feel sorry for them as they really should be in their first year of college instead of pushing their cult on others.

Date: December 10, 2017 12:40PM

Yep but they are forced to go on the missions for the cult!so the church of Joseph Smith of latter day liars can have more money!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.