Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 02:00AM

With all the chatter about bishops' interviews on the subject, I believe it is easy to lose sight of the fundamental problem, which is that condemning it as a despicable sin is a fundamental doctrine of the LDS faith. So maybe your bishop did not personally quiz you about it. God's prophet, Spencer Kimball condemned it (Miracle of Forgiveness); one of God's Apostles condemned it (For Young Men Only); and the official doctrinal committee of the church condemned it (For the Strength of the Youth). So even without input from this or that bishop, young people are still given to understand in no uncertain terms that those who do the deed even once in their lives are to consider themselves as unspeakably loathsome. This is the fundamental problem that needs to be addressed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 04:48PM

Once again forceable interference to enforce the will of the few over the will of the many.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 07:08PM

The mighty morg seems to have a hard time dealing with this issue. And they know that going soft will not achieve the final results that they want. So, they tighten the grip, and try to beat the members into submission with fear and guilt. Nobody is brave enough to rise up against them, so they continue to pound with their fists and demand that everyone hold fast to the rod and not stray away. <insert something here about a taffy pull and a patty cake>

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 10:38PM

We were brave enough.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 01:37AM

sunbeep wrote:

"So, they tighten the grip, and try to beat the members...and demand that everyone hold fast to the rod"

Awesome!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 08:32AM

They won’t be happy until the issue explodes in their hands.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 07:40PM

Such a sticky issue. These Mormon leaders really need to get hold of themselves before this gets out of hand.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 03, 2017 07:38PM

You have to have your head under a rock to ignore the current medical evidence and advice. Masturbation is natural and normal. Virtually all young men and men have done it, as well as the majority of young women and women. As long as you keep it out of public view, who cares? What person is so invasive that they have to follow you into your own bedroom?

Posted by: diddlin ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 12:47AM

They are sex deprived, sex-obsessed maniacs. No one talks more about masturbation, except for the folks working at the sex toy stores.

You are totally correct, slskipper. They intend to stay in the underwear of kids. It's sick. I would think that *any* half-way decent parent would be too loving to not teaching their kids from modern medical advice, rather than a bunch of creeps who think there was nothing wrong with polyandry and screwing a fourteen year old.

The creeps know better, or they woulfn't lie and hide it. They know about masturbation, too, that it helps lead to healthy development, or they wouldn't make such a big deal out of it.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 10:55AM

Tithing and “worthiness” ‘interviews’ and temple recommend vettings is TMC’s way of picking a future prick to mislead the ldsC.

It's an evil ritual and [LOOSE] free licence (see, there's that free-agency crap again) to spiritually, morally, sexually, physically, financially, emotionally and socially pry, spy, stir and make cry, to mentally feel up or shake down, invade, pervert, and humiliate, and even to torture, abuse and shame the member, and likely subject the subject's OTHERWISE personal, private, and once sacred shit to airing, including PUBLIC HUMILIATION in the form of ostracization and shunning, and worse, calling them out in front of the whole congregation by trying to withhold Sacramental rites, callings as punishments, backstabbing, rumors and lies, by the Bishop Prick and common jackass, Jill and Joe-mormons.

If these OLD men were at their own factories (and they are-and admit it) they would stay out of others’.

Stan has no master plan
He jacks it too. Ask him.

TSCC JERKS it's people around.
Maybe that's where he got it

M@t

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: December 04, 2017 11:15AM

TSCC: Mental masturbation about physical masturbation.
The cycle continues.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 08:35AM

Satan is draining our precious bodily fluids.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 04:01AM

The church sometimes claims that it only wants bishops and stake presidents and mission presidents to ask the generic question, "do you live the law of chastity?"

Some ecclesiastical leaders violate that instruction, which is bad, but I don't think the generic question is much better. When youth leaders, seminary teachers, and parents teach kids that "chastity" means no masturbation, no touching, and no impure thoughts, those kids take that definition into their bishops' interviews. So the pressure and guilt they fear is the same as if the bishops had asked the detailed questions.

In my view even simply asking about chastity is unacceptable. Old men should not ask questions about human sexuality at all when speaking to anyone under the age of majority.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 02:25AM

I joined as an adult convert. Whenever I was asked "Do you live the law of chastity?", I chose to interpret that as "Do you have sex with anybody you aren't married to?"

Since I could honestly answer my interpreted question in the negative, I never had a problem in asserting that I did, indeed, live the law of chastity.

(Nobody ever said a word to me about masturbation. I would have been appalled and offended if they had.)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:24AM

In some ways it's a lot easier to be a Mormon if you converted as an adult than if you are BIC!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 04:53PM

I am a proud masterbaiter now and i don't feel quite like a piece of sh#t like i used to about it all thats for damn sure. My penis belongs to me and nobody else to control.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: December 05, 2017 07:45PM

I stand with the Badass! I, too, am a proud masturbator!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: December 06, 2017 03:15AM

We walk this road together boner but in separate buildings of course haha. You taught me to not hate myself so much for this any more, it is not the great evil they expressed it to be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.