Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 02:45PM

...about 9AM yesterday and I was home cooking pancakes and maple bacon. Yummmmmm!!!

About the time Priesthood and RS started, I was fiddling with my Fantasy Football Team, making final tweaks as my starting QB had a "bye". Had to play fuckin' Alex Smith, the piece of shit! Then went to Facebook to play Farmville. I need a goddam centipeded goddammit!

About the time Sunday School started I was finishing off a bratworst, some home-made tater salad and a nice, tall bottle of Chimay Red. Then off to bed for a nap.

About the time endless meetings started, I was up and att'em again, preparing for friends to come over for the evening. I made baked sweet potatoes, peppered tenderloins, pasta salad and grilled peaches.

About the time the endless meeting attenders were going home and making tithing deposits in the night depository, we were finishing up the meal and drinking a nice Caymus Cab.

Sundays are the bomb!

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:00PM

I love Sundays too. Making fun food, watching movies, playing video games, doing fun activities with the wife.

Sundays are grrrrrrrrrreaat!!! As long as church isn't involved.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:24PM

Yesterday, I chopped up and browned some sweet apple chicken sausage and then made scrambled eggs in the same pan. I also toasted sourdough bread and made iced coffee with a french vanilla creamer. I sat outside on my balcony and had breakfast and enjoyed not sitting in the middle of a white bread encounter group with a piece of cloth tied around my neck.

Posted by: elfling ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:34PM

I made a batch of conductive play-doh and made a zombie whose eyes glow! I also went for a 3 mile run and rewarded myself with a fantastic white-chocolate burnt caramel mousse I picked up at wegmans. Weather was perfect to sit out and read the rest of the afternoon. Then later, I died (yet again) playing Red Dead Redemption - I'm a lousy shot.

I love Sundays now. I used to be so angry all Sunday long. What a difference.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:50PM

I have had Kyle Orton sitting on my bench, puting up decent numbers every week, and it was my starters bye this week, and I was licking my chops for Orton's matchup against the hapless Raiders...........Fuck Me Running!( I also benched Kenny Britt, because he was going to sit for a while for getting into a fight....40 damn points!)

STILL BETTER THAN CHURCH!

Posted by: The exmo formerly known as Br. Vreeland ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:46PM

Had some french toast for breakfast. We walked the dogs for a few miles in the woods, collecting red, orange and yellow leaves. Threw a football around with my son while the girls were swinging on the swingset. Went for a bike ride with the wife and kids. Watched some football, ate some pizza. Read a bed time story and that was it. Not a bad day at all.

Posted by: no name exmo ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 11:55PM

I started early Sunday morning. Got to my favorite overlook before dawn, it was still dark. Settled in and watched a beautiful Montana sunrise come over the far peaks. About the time church was starting I heard my hunting partner do his bird call. I looked slowly in his direction and he was giving me the elk sign. I looked slowly back the other way and there was an elk standing just outside the clump of trees we were hiding in. One shot and hunting season was over. We spent the rest of the sabbath hauling out elk. My church of the high, empty, Montana mountains. The momos were doing god knows what, so glad I wasn't there.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 12:17AM

no name exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... My church of
> the high, empty, Montana mountains...

Ditto

Posted by: min in oz ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 12:22PM

Posted by: mininoz ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 12:24PM

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 01:04AM

We went to a chilli fund raiser at a fire hall out in the woods on the other side of McLaughlin. They parked the fire trucks outside, covered the walls with homemade quilts and half the floor was set up with chairs and tables for eating.

Even my fussy eater had the chilli said it was good! It sure was! For a nominal fee we could have thirds if we wanted, along with corn bread, cookies, toppings (green onions, more peppers, sour cream, grated cheese, chopped onions) and to wet our whistle there was water, blazing hot coffee or mulled hot apple cider. I had the cider of course.... :)

They were selling home made pot holders and kitchen towels and potato sack microwave cookers. Along with plates of cookies and home made pies. I bought two of them. The kids said 'surprise us' and I got the only strawberry rhubarb pie!!! :)

We left before they raffled off the quilts.....

Then we finished our drive on the last glorious day of fall, the 200+ foot tall pine trees with blazzing yellow quaking aspen shivering in front of them for miles and miles and miles under a blue and puffy white cloud sky.

At Klamath Falls lake we fed the ducks and geese and sea gulls two loaves of bread. It was a wonderful sunday and one we'll remember for a long time.

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 01:21AM

We try to have Sunday brunch at home as a family. It has been nicknamed "church". It is finally a very nice thing to go to church as a family. Always yummy!

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 07:56AM

I worked on an oil painting of a sea scape. I'm just about finished with it. Then I painted the majority of the roses' leaves in another painting.

Had a nice walk and jog in the afternoon followed by supper and a movie here at home with DH.

I may try this again next Sunday.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 09:13AM

I had one player on Monday night: Hakeem Nicks. He went off for 105 yards receiving and 2 TD's! 22.8 points and I went from 12 down to winning by 9 and some change.

Sundays rock!

Ron

Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 11:00AM

Petted a llama, a cow, goats, and a bunny. Picked out a beautiful pumpkin that's now sitting on my front porch, and had a great time with my friends.

Posted by: my2cents ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 02:59PM

my wife, our golden retriever, and I went out to brunch at a great place we recently found in Sandy UT (Tin Roof Grill). Chubbs had to stay in the car, although he didn't mind, he just wants to go for rides.

Then we went to IKEA and wandered around getting some ideas for kitchen storage, pot racks, and checked out a new mattress for our bed, then came home mid-afternoon and settled in snuggled together on the sofa to read, watch a movie, have a glass or two of wine, with a fire going while it rained outside.

A great Sunday and I look forward to them now. I am no longer worn out by Sunday evening by being over-volunteered and seldom even having the time to find a meal.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 05:00PM

I like to go for long walks with DW about the time the Morgbots are scurrying to their important meetings. I think God tends to be outdoors and not hovering over a bunch of morgbots in a stale meetinghouse watching them sit in their meetings dressed in the same clothes fighting boredom.

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: October 26, 2010 05:06PM

I slept in, sat around and recovered from my hangover. Seems instead of doing pushups everytime the Utes scored, I'd drink a beer. I was two beers behind when the game was over!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.