Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:14PM

because they are actively interested in joining. Mormonism is a hard sell. Mishies have to beat the bushes to scrape up "investigator" victims.

If the morg was obviously a good deal, mishies would have people waiting in line to hear the message like they do if they're getting free samples of cheese dip or coffee at the super market.

Most people go out of their way to avoid morg mishies. The only ones willing to meet with them are lonely, emotionally needy, or they're trying to please someone else. The exception would be the occasional exmo or Christian who hopes to deconvert the mishies and bring them out of the morg.

No one has to beg anyone to take football or concert tickets or to buy sweat socks or Leggo toy sets because most agree that these are well worth having. But the morg? The only people who like it have to be deluding themselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mo Larkey ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 03:50PM

her kids and hubby...

heres how it went down for Ma and Pa.

Baptism for the wife
break up the family
Pit ma against pa
Divorced Pa
Leave pa and move to Utah
kids get into drugs and gang
daughter pregnant in HS
ma marries 3 tbm losers

Missionary ashamed

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:01PM

Did she know mormons who had done preliminary missionary work on her?

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:05PM

My TBM ex actually sought out the Mormon missionaries after his dad died, as his dad was BIC, but inactive for his adult life. His mom was an adult convert but went inactive shortly after she joined, and only became fully active when my ex-husband's dad died.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:29PM

I know someone who claimed he sought the missionaries out.

But as he was a known and proven liar, I had to doubt his story. I think he lied for pleasure. A very weird and disturbed person.

Posted by: Holy the Ghost ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:49PM

First night tracting, we met a family who had been seeking out the missionaries. They liked the family themed commercials and wanted to find out more and join.

I thought "this mission thing is going to be so easy!!!"

However, your point is a good one. A half dozen can come up with counter-examples, but in general, missionaries are the plague.
In fact we used to refer to our nametags as "garlic"

Posted by: mollymormonfaker ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:52PM

My parents moved into a new home way back before I was born, and the phone number for the mishies was taped to the side of the phone. My mom wanted to find out more and called them up and the rest is history. She has been hardcore TBM for over 35 years now. My father isn't into it as much as she is though.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.