Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:08PM

I see in the next 10 to 20 years that the mormon church will be extremely similar to the quakers and the Mennonites. They will be a relatively small insignificant closed community, with no radio television or Internet. I hope I live long enough to see it. A cult is a cult, and the Internet is the kiss of death to the mormon cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:21PM

Sort of seems that way. If TSCC doesn't start making some major "commandments" quick about internet usage, it spells only continual downsizing and destruction for this cult. So I would imagine that the TR recommend will be modified to include something about, "Do you google anti mormon literature." In a virtual society, I think your comparison to a Mennonite-quaker like society is probably accurate.

I'd have to say that I KNOW that you are a profit, because as I read your post I became very excited in a warm sort of way. Could have been the chilli, but I think you are right, and I feel good about your prophecy. Ergo the holy ghostess with the mostess confirmed it to me.

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:11PM

I got a little sexually excited myself.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:26PM

I think the latest hard line rantings are just the swan songs of the oldest farts. They'll die and be replaced with younger guys who will be forced, once again, to modify the church to better fit the times.

Posted by: Steven ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 04:38PM

..but give me a few minutes and I may get that feeling again.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: October 25, 2010 05:20PM

I have a vision of bus tours through Happy Valley to allow vacationers to see this picturesque and sadly vanishing way of life.

Tourists will smile as they point to heavily laden minivans on their way to "Primary". The guides will remind everyone that bicyclists in white shirts and cheap black suits should be addressed as "Elder." And the visitors will whisper to each other when they detect the lines of the natives'sacred "garments."

The last stop on the tour will be a roadside stand where quaint Relief Society crafts may be purchased as mementos of this fading bit of Americana.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.