Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mythb4meat ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:31AM

lets just put a 93 year old in there...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:36AM

Finally, some gravitas & waffles!

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 01:37PM

The next in line to the throne:

Nelson 93
Hoax 85
Ballard 89
Holland 77
Eyring 84
Uchtdorf 77
Bednar 65
Cook 77
Christofferson 72
Andersen 66

You have to have 5 more die off to get to a guy who is of normal working age. The rest are the average life expectancy of 77 or older.

Of course, by the time it makes it down to Bednar, he'll be 80 or so himself.

I don't see how LDS, Inc survives with geriatric leadership. They are stuck in the past because their leaders are so old. Bednar would be the first one born after WWII, so it will be 2030 before you get a Baby Boomer in charge. It will be 2070 before you get a Millennial, if they last that long.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 02:00PM

If you divide the time the ones before Bednar into 2 years apiece you get Beddy into office at 77. A young man. Not even 80.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2018 02:00PM by Elder Berry.

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:33PM

He'd take over at an age when half his HS class is already dead.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 08:32PM

Wow, who would have thought Holland and Dieter were the same age?
Holland looks so...um...old and jowly!

Posted by: xxMMMooo ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:33PM

Yeah aging affects individuals very differently. Genes and overall health make a huge difference as does weight.

Posted by: xxMMMooo ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:40PM

They need to start inducting people into the Q12 in their 30s and 40s, like Monson himself (made an apostle at 36) instead of in their 60s. That would be an easy place to start and wouldn't require any new revelation.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 02:39AM

xxMMMooo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They need to start inducting people into the Q12
> in their 30s and 40s, like Monson himself (made an
> apostle at 36) instead of in their 60s. That would
> be an easy place to start and wouldn't require any
> new revelation.

But even Monson had to wait 55 years. Apostle at 36 in 1963, yes, but prophet only in 2008. They would need to induct younger men regularly.

To me it would make sense to induct men (and women, and from around the world) at the wise old age of 40 and put them on emeritus status at 65 or 70. But hey, nothing in TSCC still makes sense to me. And as a kid, Monson was my fave apostle.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 03:59PM

I still think that there is a shadow governing committee that takes down the church president when they get too old to be useful to their agenda, or if they don't toe the party line. There were rumors about Hunter having that done to him.

I also find it interesting that the church prez's wives almost always go first. Wouldn't want a widow spilling the beans on him.

The Morg's history indicates that they are capable of unspeakable atrocities. Lives don't matter when greed and lust for money and power rule the day.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:02PM

As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I don’t see how keeping these guys in until they’re dead is helping. The older they get, the more embarrassing things they say. Finally, they’re told to not say anything. Don’t keep a journal, don’t get recorded. Apostles are to be seen, not heard.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:17PM

Maybe Monson would have lived even longer. To clarify, I think that they are put down when it is convenient for the Corp. It's easy enough to slip debilitating drugs into their specially prepared meals. They could be made to look like they are slowly dying, and no one would know the difference.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:07PM

If they're going to be old-timey prophets they should grow long hair and beards and wander around in tattered robes.

Now THAT'S how a prophet should look!

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:23PM

If God could give the 12 an IQ test, this would be it. Let’s see how well they do.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.