Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 04:51PM

That is a nice story.

Sometimes it seems there is hope for our poor world.

Posted by: Gosh ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 03:15AM

Gosh muslims are swell!

Date: January 04, 2018 03:34AM

Wait a moment. . .

Are you telling me Moslems are like Christians--a group of 2 billion people that all think and act exactly the same? This is great. There I was seeing all this cultural and ideological and political complexity in the world and now you've helped me cut it in half!

Do you have any more such categories? I mean, if you have two more groups of that size we can reduce the world to just four people and a lot of clones. That would make everything so much easier to understand!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 03:42AM

Interesting that many of the same posters get irate if anyone suggests the same thing of atheists.

Date: January 04, 2018 03:50AM

I don't know if Visitors Welcome is an atheist or not.

But yes, the irony that the board just fought a pitched battle against those who wanted to stereotype atheists and agnostics as a single group is not lost on me. As Nietzsche observed, people don't like complexity and prefer to find simplifying schema that obviate the need to pay attention to details and differences. The problem is that racism, sexism, and other social ills flow from such simplifications.

Date: January 04, 2018 03:54AM

I dont know either, but there a few Islamophobic atheists here. Whether he is one, I dont know. BTW, I reported the poster or posters with the cute names which have never been seen before. The bigotry is bad enough without using fake monikers. Have the guts to own your views, people.Hope they get deleted.

Date: January 04, 2018 04:07AM

I kind of wish the moderators left more stuff up.

Because of my provocative writing style, I sometimes anger people and they occasionally reply intemperately. When they state their views with aggression or throw insults about, I often think their words discredit their arguments. So rather than take the exchanges down, I'd prefer that they stay up where people can read and evaluate them in their starker form. Our present discussion of Islam, for example, does a pretty good job of exploring the problem of stereotypes.

To paraphrase both an ancient philosopher and a modern tyrant, let the hundred flowers bloom and the hundred schools of thought contend!

Date: January 04, 2018 04:16AM

I am talking mostly about posters who hide behind sockpuppets to express their bigotry

Date: January 04, 2018 04:19AM

Yes.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 03:57AM

If you're going to insult religion, insult Christians. They won't cut your head off.

Date: January 04, 2018 04:19AM

Neither will many Muslims and some Christians would if they could. Stereotyping much?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 04, 2018 08:32AM

And not all Muslims do either.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.