Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ThatLittleBriggyWentWeeeWeeWee ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 04:36PM

That man was responsible for gay youth suicide. I think of him as guilty of manslaughter.

I had to come back to the dark side to get this off my chest because the Mormon Stories Podcast Community on facebook just gave him a glorified review and forbade us to speak badly of him. Phh. Meh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:01PM

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:05PM

He is responsible for hundreds of suicides of gay youth. The church should be held responsible because they are. Their medieval
belief's about homosexuality has caused such hatred and heartbreak among so many innocent people that it boggles the mind and yet the mormons today never consider that their doctrine against Homosexuals is nothing but pure hate. They go along like life is
usual and never consider the damage. no one steps up , things
go along as usual.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:28PM

Yes to all you said, saucy. A thousand times yes.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:22PM

Yet under his command, the so-called church spend $3-5 BILLION for a luxury condo complex and shopping mall, while asking members for additional donations in order to provide millions for relief to the poor and disaster victims.

All that on top of the increased suicide rate among LGBT teens in Utah. His 93-year-old replacement is unlikely to do anything to help that, either.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:27PM

Monson earned his fair share of hate and deserves every bit coming his way and more. He has blood on his hands. Unfortunately his legacy will be maintained and built upon by the new aristocracy coming to power as the Wendy and Russ show hits prime time.

I also hate the parents that side with Monson and Oaks and Nelson and Bednar and their ilk over their own children. How can they do that?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 10:16PM

I don't know how they can do that.... its like their minds are as closed as their eyes. How can you turn against your own children? How do you live with yourself.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 05:29PM

Naive question: Is Nelson worse than the other Q15 in his age cohort?

How does he stack up relative to Kimball and Packer and the others?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:09PM

ostracizing children of gays. His wife is no better. Check out the thread about his wife's talk she gave a year or so ago.

I completely understand the OP's feelings. I agree. My opinion of mormon stories just took a big hit. I'll have to ask my therapist about it. He is a friend of Dehlin's. My therapist has no love for the LDS whatsoever.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 09:23PM

Thanks, cl2.

I remember the speech. I've forgotten the details about who was behind that horrible children policy. I think I recall vaguely that there was a coup of sorts, two or three apostles bringing the policy to Monson and getting his approval while he as infirm. That was Nelson?

I view all the Q15 as guilty of manslaughter. When people have power, their words have consequences whether or not mediated by lesser mortals. Some apostles, however, may well be more responsible than others.

Posted by: helenm ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 06:44PM

Monson wipes his butt with $100 bills in tithing money. I think he'd rather die comfortably in a his warm bed than acknowledge the atrocity the Proposition 8 has caused and the fact that the church is a fraud.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 03, 2018 11:45PM

There is a dark side of me too that is glad he is gone. Finally a person died that was at the head of the brainwashing team from when i was a kid. Finally it wasn't someone my age or younger that killed themselves. I know there are many people comforted by this news, its like a leech that has finally been removed from the picture. I know its bad but oh well there is a bad side to the badass that wants them all to pass on already, get moving, my friends will be waiting for them on the other side aaand will probably beat the living sh#t out of them for all they did. The wishful badass signing out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.