Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: January 07, 2018 04:24AM

A guilty pleasure of mine has been watching the A&E reality show “60 Days In”. The gist of this reality show is that a county jail, in this case the Fulton County Jail in Atlanta, has placed a half dozen undercover civilians in its general population under the pretext of helping the jail deal with smuggling, management, etc. As you can imagine, madcap hilarity ensues at the zany misadventures these willing participants find themselves in.

This season (4) has two LDS participants from Midway, Utah. A father and son team who bit off far more than they can chew.

The father seems to be a convert, has long hair to include a man-bun and clams to be a former Utah State Prison “chaplain”. The son is a meek, twenty-five year old returned missionary with virtually no life experience outside his mission. Worse, his father talked him into doing this and now this kid is doing a 60 day stint in one of America’s toughest jails.

I am curious if anybody might know something about this guy? What his backstory might be, he seems prety eccentric and somewhat narcissistic. I included several youtube clips. The series is on A&E if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/PmJXiR9e_E4ther

https://youtu.be/nEbZdWIb4dc

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: tutu ( )
Date: January 08, 2018 05:24PM

They couldn't be exposed on YouTube if they're still inside.
Family or friends would tell the inmates and their cover would
be exposed.

Matt & Andrew

Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 02:49AM

Well yes, obviously.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 05:00AM

What is the appeal of going to jail for sixty days if you don't have to? It sounds horrible.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 10:42AM

Man bun ? If the father has a man bun then he should never be allowed to leave that jail.

DEATH TO MAN BUNS !!!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 09, 2018 10:44AM

Aw, Dave, you just you had enough hair to grow a man-bun.

So do I, btw :)

Posted by: ForeverBoy ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 12:03PM

I've been searching for information on them also. I am hoping the son can break free of all that would continue to create self-doubt and self-hate in his life.

The father is a narcissist. And worse it seems.

It's sad and obvious how much he disapproves of his son's mannerisms, masculinity, appearance, life choices, and so on. Pretty pathetic, overbearing, and critical for a father to be that way towards a perfectly fine seeming young man. But there's another religion for you that values the missteps of a testosterone driven culture.

Posted by: svinkn ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 11:44PM

The father Matt made me feel ill. If I had to hear him say “alpha” one more time I was going to puke. If Matt had challenged Tebow he would have had the shit kicked out of him. Matt could be the most narcissistic person I have ever seen. I think Matt was under the impression that the whole program was built around him. Every bunkmate he had he said, “either he goes or I go”. Than he had the balls to ask the camera “why is he still here?”
I was disgusted by how he used his son as an excuse or a crutch to leave. Andrew was glad he left.
I just everyone to know that Matt is far from the typical Mormon. I know many people of that faith and they are selfless, humble people. More like how Johnny was on the program. Basically Matt is a clown, a complete joke

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.