Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:09PM

ok i ran into some ignornant mormons at the mall and decided i had enough! i said do you know that joseph smith had 34 wives! made the book of mormon up! pioneers were killed at meadows masscure, joe smith was in the occult and a 33 freemason, you hate black people and wouldn't let them join the priesthood intil 1978! you hate gays and you baptise holocaust survivors! you also lie to people and want them to be baptised so your church gets more money! i said you are a cult and many missionaries will leave, and they said we are happy, no they aren,t! they get on my nerves and lie to people!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:25PM

Well....

You might have alienated those ignorant Mormons, and that's the worst that could happen. I resigned quietly, and I have been polite to the Mormon ward members for 9 years, and they still shun me and gossip about me, and treat me like dirt. As a group, and as individuals, they are enemies. An enemy is someone who wants to see you suffer, and see you fail. Jealous people are enemies, because they want what you have, and they don't want you to have anything good in your life. Enemies think they deserve everything, and you deserve nothing. They are in competition with you, and in order for them and their cult to win, you must LOSE. If you don't lose, that might mean their cult isn't "true."

I have accepted the fact that Mormons think of apostates as their adversaries. Mormons are at war with us, and their speeches, sermons, and scriptures have declared them to be our enemies. This is different than hating Mormons. It's more like understanding Mormons, and dealing with their abuse, defensively.

So--go for it! Maybe the Mormons are right: the best defense is a strong offense. Get the Truth out there! Whatever makes you feel better. You are the victim, and you are recovering.

The best that could happen, is you might have started them thinking....

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:56PM

they lie to everyone and you just get tired! they are brainwashed into thinking oh i am going to help people! but don't know anything how this cult works, many missionaries leave, some don.t

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 05:58PM

I noticed this today from watching a couple mormons. They are not really happy but weird fake happy, i do not know how else to explain it.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 07:20PM

Uh . . . My rule is don't tell strangers stuff until they ask.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 07:50PM

Up until 1990 or so, in the temple, you were expected to let other people dab you with water and oil on various parts of your naked body, with never a thought of asking your permission first.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 08:44PM

Sounds very much ... like a certain POTUS

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 12, 2018 09:39PM

If Mormons are happy with their delusion, fine. They shouldn't force it on their children. That is cruel parenting. I particularly despise smug Mormon parents who say it's good for the kids. Malpractice isn't good for anyone.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.