Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 01:57AM

Could not believe i was seen as an angry dude online. Just told him i use a site to vent on and people think i am nuts to vent the anger within myself. It is what it is maybe i am more normal than i think i am, possibly. The trying to be normal badass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 10:37AM

For years, RfM posters saw me as a raving lunatic. Why? Because I sprayed a couple of mishies with a garden hose when they refused to leave my porch. I was called mean, rude, irate, hostile, and much worse. No matter what subject I wrote about, many posters would twist to prove I was probably unhinged and bring up the mishie incident to prove their point.

Actually, when it happened, I was calm, deliberate, gave fair warning and expected the mishies to simply say, "Sorry to bother you," and leave, still dry as toast. But I always follow up on threats because I was a good teacher and an excellent parent.

Everyone assumes anyone who doesn't make excuses for mishies is a mean and hostile person. Some of the posters were missionaries and they want comfort and support. Others are parents and relatives of mishies and they worry about how the mormon church puts them in harms way, but they blame nonmos instead of church suits.

People in their homes have a 100% right to tell stranger on the doorstep to leave and not return. They also have a 100% right to tell strangers in parking lots, parks and on street corners to stay away from them. But RfMers have a warm place in their hearts for all mishies and give them the benefit of every doubt.

They like them better than non-mormons who are trying to live their lives and take care of their own business. They like them better than posters who need to vent and who are in need of support to recover. So there will always be push-back if anyone complains about mishies and sometimes other TBMs who harass or lie to them. And many posters will always assume extreme anger even it it's never been expressed or felt.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 11:43AM by Cheryl.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:33AM

I like you cheryl, that story with the garden hose is baaadass haha. I church guy was pounding on my door today yelling through the door of who he was. I made a list with my cbrs worker of what my plan is when this happens. I wrote down,"I do have the right to not answer the door or answer the phone." so i had to remind myself that they do not have power over me anymore, i do not have to answer that door. Their god card won't work on me anymore. Being strong and stern is the only way with these people. They never give up and it almost felt like harrassment today. Mormons can be scary people because they are so brainwashed.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 13, 2018 06:07PM

Writing is actually very good therapy, recognized as such by more than us armchair psychologists. Venting here is good. Or as I like to say, sometimes there aren’t enough F-bombs.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:38AM

Venting here is very theuraputic surprisingly. Because i wasn't really aloud to say what i felt for decades. It was sit down and shut up for a lot of my life. Having non-lds counselors helps give me power to say how i really feel as well. I know i piss people off but this therapy is for me and nobody else. I am not really here to talk about pity pat topics.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 15, 2018 01:58AM

Not everything LDS pushes is bad (just most!). One thing they're big on is journaling. Have you thought of journaling, Adam? Recording your thoughts and experiences and observations--and venting? It could also help you track your moods and coping issues, so you have a more objective record of things when you sit down with your counselor.

Worth considering.

Date: January 16, 2018 01:50AM

I tried journaling once but the pages filled up pretty fast. Could you imagine putting all my posts in a journal? It would not all fit. I would need like 10 journals probably.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.