Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 12:13AM

Hi just upset that Mormons said oh we don't see it offensive to do baptism of the dead for holocaust victims or anyone else! And Mormon.org said we stopped doing it in 1994, I find the baptism of the dead so stupid! And found out Hitler was baptized! They just baptize whoever they want

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 12:48AM

I don't see any harm in it. Theoretically, we still retain choices in the afterlife, so if somebody "baptizes" me after I'm gone, I still retain the right to say "He!! NO!" although the poor deluded Mormon will never know it.

It's all baloney anyway, non-binding, so why should we care? It's disrespectful, yes. But when has that ever dissuaded Mormons who are convinced that they are right, and doing you a service (because you yourself didn't have the sense to do it for yourself.)

Just asking: Do they re-baptize people who have resigned? (I'm not buyin' any of it, just wondering.)

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 12:52AM

Yes, they do re-baptize those who've resigned or were excommunicated after we're dead and gone.

I find that repugnant.

Date: January 21, 2018 12:54AM

That is sick! You left for a reason, I feel bad for the people who have to be baptized for dead people

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:24AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, they do re-baptize those who've resigned or
> were excommunicated after we're dead and gone.
>
> I find that repugnant.

Interesting. I had always thoughts that if you reject Mormonism in this life, than that is it. No second chance for you.

Well, that being the case, there is no real reason for anyone to join in this life. You can live the life you want. They will take care of the rest.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 01:20AM

I find it disrespectful and highly offensive. It disregards legitimate religious choices that people made during their lifetimes. I've shared this before, but the Mormons baptized my great-grandmother and namesake, who was never Mormon and who has no Mormon descendants whatsoever. She was an Episcopalian and had all of her children baptized in the Episcopalian church.

I also found their genealogy work on her behalf to be sloppy in the extreme.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:14AM

It doesn't matter if it's sloppy. It still brings in ten percent. It's not only sloppy--it's made up. So you go to the temple and dead dunk a guy with only the name "Herbert." So does that cover all the Herberts? I sincerely hope so!

Date: January 21, 2018 11:17AM

So, they quit baptizing Holocaust victims?

Yeah, they quit polygamy, too. (wink wink)

Date: January 21, 2018 12:24PM

No they still have that and hating gays, they even baptized Hitler! What a bunch of idiots!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 12:45PM

>>So, they quit baptizing Holocaust victims?

When put under the spotlight by Jewish leaders, the Mormon church agreed to do so. They've cut way back on baptisms-for-the-dead with Jewish people, but haven't entirely curbed the efforts of the membership. Some baptisms still slip through.

One thing that I think would be helpful would be if the church required the membership to submit genealogical records showing that the ancestor is in a direct line from the Mormon who wants to do the baptism. At least that would cut back on some of the nonsense. But it would also drive down temple visits, and the church can't have *that*. It would cut into tithing revenue!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 07:38AM

I don't care that someone would speak ill of the dead unless it's a lie. Mormonizing those who are dead is telling a lie about them when they have avenue of defense.

Mormons claim that the dead have a choice, but they also claim that more perfect knowledge will make the dead want to be mormon unless they're too evil to wake up to the truth.

Mormons claim the living have to write a letter stating their objection to being a mormon before they can resign. Yet, they have absolutely no plan as to how the dead can resign after they are dunked and declared mormon through a confirmation ritual. Do the dead have to write a letter and wait for Joe Smith to sign off on them? Does the Holy Ghost have a committee to review dead resignations?

Mormons don't think the living have a right to resign without going through channels, so why do they think the dead can simply get out of the morg by saying, "No thanks?"

Is dead dunking a silly exercise? Yes, but it's very profitable to the morg bottom line.

I don't want my legacy to be sullied or my name to be used to extract tithes from mormon widows and orphans.

Date: January 21, 2018 09:53AM

Mormon leaders have been whitewashing its history and ours for as long as its been in business. It's Orwellian in scope when you stop to think about it.

That we are baptized or re-baptized after we die gives us no eternal "out" from having been an ex-Mormon in this lifetime. That they "say" give "lip service" that others have the "option" to accept or reject in the afterlife is a choice not made possible were it not for proxy baptisms is a ruse for its busy work in the temple.

It is disrespectful at its core to those who came before and their descendants to deny them their freedom of choice to be what they were, and acknowledge and accept that was their choice for this life and the next.

If it is actually a "Mormon heaven" there wouldn't be a need or reason to proselytize at all in the eternities or to do temple work here - because it would just be that way without any interference by busy bodies trying to ram religion down other people's throats in this life and the world to come.

Christian Crusades were conducted to murder Jews and others who refused to accept Jesus as their Christ - it was an excuse for genocide of innocent men, women, and children who did nothing more than believe a different way from how Christians believed.

No wonder the Jews are so leary and afraid of Christian conduct that seeks to snuff out their flame and religion whether in this life or the world to come. Proxy baptism is yet another manifestation of the same Christian affront that sent millions to their deaths in the name of God and glory.

God isn't smiling upon such antics. He weeps with those who weep. He suffers with those who suffer. He is a God of caring, love and compassion. Not about Mormonism robbing the religious rites and beliefs of those who've crossed over.

People say it's only a peculiar Mormon belief so it doesn't matter. But it does to those it seeks to offend by its rituals. Baptism for the dead isn't benign. It is insidious behavior.

Like peeing on someone's grave. A complete disrespect for their memory, who they were, what they believed in, and their lives that matter and had meaning - which was enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 09:53AM by Amyjo.

Date: January 21, 2018 12:26PM

They should baptize Joe Smith or Brigham young!they want to live with their many wives haha

Date: January 21, 2018 12:29PM

Mormons are a bunch of arrogant idiots! They never stop baptizing people and probably baptized my ancestors to! Glad I wasn't baptized! They should baptize all the so called early founders of this nonsense!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 02:45PM

Amyjo said:

"God isn't smiling upon such antics. He weeps with those who weep. He suffers with those who suffer. He is a God of caring, love and compassion. Not about Mormonism robbing the religious rites and beliefs of those who've crossed over."

Exactly how do you know this? I'm sure all God's weeping was a great help during the Holocaust- you know, because he cares so much.

Since many Jews have an insane level of respect for religious rites, it's odd they can't see Mormons have their more stupid ones too.

Baptism for the dead is extremely disrespectful and offputting, but Mormons of course think they are doing a good thing because that's God's plan and all. I'm sure they think God would weep for people who don't accept their version of things.

Date: January 21, 2018 08:42PM

In faith I accept that suffering is felt by the creator. He didn't create us in a vacuum, without feeling.

He feels our pain, our longing, our hopelessness, despair when we go through the valleys of life he is there with us.

Elie Wiesel described it in Night, when asked where was God in all that god awful suffering by the Jews and innocents at the hands of murderers,

" One day, as we returned from work, we saw three gallows, three black ravens, erected on the Appelplatz. Roll call. The SS surrounding us, machine guns aimed at us: the usual ritual. Three prisoners in chains – and, among them, the little pipel, the sad-eyed angel.

The SS seemed more preoccupied, more worried, than usual. To hang a child in front of thousands of onlookers was not a small matter. The head of the camp read the verdict. All eyes were on the child. He was pale, almost calm, but he was biting his lips as he stood in the shadow of the gallows.

This time, the Lagerkapo refused to act as executioner. Three SS took his place.

The three condemned prisoners together stepped onto the chairs. In unison, the nooses were placed around their necks.

“Long live liberty!” shouted the two men.

But the boy was silent.

“Where is merciful God, where is He?” someone behind me was asking.

At the signal, the three chairs were tipped over.

Total silence in the camp. On the horizon, the sun was setting.

“Caps off!” screamed the Lageralteste. His voice quivered. As for the rest of us, we were weeping.

“Cover your heads!”

Then came the march past the victims. The two men were no longer alive. Their tongues were hanging out, swollen and bluish. But the third rope was still moving: the child, too light, was still breathing…

And so he remained for more than half an hour, lingering between life and death, writhing before our eyes. And we were forced to look at him at close range. He was still alive when I passed him. His tongue was still red, his eyes not yet extinguished.

Behind me, I heard the same man asking:

“For God’s sake, where is God?”

And from within me, I heard a voice answer:

“Where is He? This is where – hanging here from this gallows…”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2018 08:46PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:23AM

My thoughts are that it needs to stop. Also, the church hides the IGI so that non-members cannot see if Holocaust victims are being baptized. The church says they don't do it but they still do and it gets hidden. Then when someone like Helen Radkey gets into the records and makes it known to the public that it still happens, she gets accused of doing it herself. This entire mess is the church's own doing, because they won't leave the dead alone. The real impact is on the living who care about the memory of their dead. Seems the church's attitude is that they will do whatever they want and just hide it from the world and blame those who try to get the truth out.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 10:24AM

Why are you shocked that they baptized Hitler? He would love it in the CK. Rule and reign to your heart’s content, Adolf.

The best thing you can do with busybodies is keep them busy. So, running their philosophical squirrel cages isn’t such a bad thing. They even pay for the privilege. I can’t get mad at the Mormons. They are their own worst enemy. Who needs Satan?

Date: January 21, 2018 12:31PM

Hitler and Joe Smith will have so much fun! Hitler hated everyone who wasn't pure German and Joe Smith hated black people or was that Brigham young?

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:51PM

That was Briggy. Joe didn’t care as long as it was pink on the inside.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 05:54PM

Carrie Fisher: "Surrender the Pink"

Posted by: easy way ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:04AM

Mishies should begin the lessons for investigators with...

"If you like, you can skip the lessons, tithings, callings, toilet cleaning, TRs and temple weddings from which your family will be excluded, and just sign here that you want us to baptize you after you die. You'll be covered and good to go."

I mean, if the primary goal was saving lost souls, wouldn't they offer this? Wouldn't it be preferable to a slammed and locked door?

Not for LDS Inc., because...

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2069592

Date: January 21, 2018 12:49PM

Yes Hitler will say i am Hitler and I hate the Jews and everyone else!and Joe will say well I had a vision and blah blah blah! And Hitler will say so I don't care!I want to own ze whole world!!

Posted by: desertman ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 11:11AM

The issue is if I believe that I am right and on a holy crusade I totally ignore the rights of any other human being to pursue mine. since it is all a farce what does it matter except to allow confrontation?

Date: January 21, 2018 12:25PM

Not for 10% of your income, but for only a one time charge of $19.95, I will make all, ALL!, your ancestors citizens of Mexico!!

Pay the one-time charge, then send in as many names, with their dates of birth, as you want, whenever you want, and I will put them on the roles of Mexican citizenship!

What's that you say? Your dearly departed granny hated "them damn greasers"? That was then! Why take the chance that she hasn't changed her mind? Of course she did, she's in Heaven!!
And she doesn't have to actually live in Mexico, she'll just have the honor of being a citizen of Mexico!

But wait...!!

In an exciting, but limited, one-time opportunity, in cooperation with Papa Ken Enterprises, that one-time payment of just $19.95 will also cover making all your ancestors GAY!!

So pick up your phone and your credit card RIGHT NOW! Operators are waitig, chewing gum and playing online solitaire right now!

Date: January 21, 2018 01:13PM

So let me understand this:

The one-time fee of $1995--does that give them a Mayan Temple Recommend?

If, per Papa Ken Enterprises, our ancestors become gay, will we, their descendants, get kicked out of the High and Holy Mormon Church of Quetzalcoatl of No Latter GAYS?

Date: January 21, 2018 01:17PM

All these, and any other questions, will be answered just as soon as your payment clears!

Hurry! Operators are slouching!!

Posted by: investigator ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 01:28PM

I only want all of my ancestors to become gay Mexican Citizens if all the celestial Q are laminited lesbians, and I get love-bombed with edibles.

Where do I sign up?

Date: January 21, 2018 01:48PM

No refunds... No exceptions!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 08:12PM

Anyone have change for a twenty?

Date: January 21, 2018 01:47PM

Church standing is everything to mormons. Being baptized after death means the person is on the bottom rung in the eternal progression rat race. They're not likely to progress beyond CK lawn mowing and scullery work for eons. Those who were bishops or better in life will only have to wait a short time to have their own planets and their special place dictating rules and regulations to wives, children and less valiant busboy-types and diaper folding saints.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 02:22PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> Church standing is everything to mormons. Being
> baptized after death means the person is on the
> bottom rung in the eternal progression rat race.
> They're not likely to progress beyond CK lawn
> mowing and scullery work for eons. Those who were
> bishops or better in life will only have to wait a
> short time to have their own planets and their
> special place dictating rules and regulations to
> wives, children and less valiant busboy-types and
> diaper folding saints.

Then I would just as soon stay at the terrestrial level. The celestial level seems like a bore to me

Posted by: curious one ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 02:31PM

So they want Ann Frank just to help with the refreshments?

Date: January 21, 2018 02:45PM

No, Ann Frank will be picking up wet towels in the Celestial Temple.

Date: January 22, 2018 05:54PM

The Mormons in Nazi Europe were complicit in turning over the Jews to the gestapo to send to the concentration camps. They sent them to be murdered. They flushed out their genealogy for the Nazis so they couldn't hide among the gentiles.

Then following the war they post-humously baptized them to become Mormons in the hereafter.

How effing sick is that?

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 03:31PM

I really don't care. Maybe I lack empathy and some people's eyes but it's all just made up nonsense no matter which religion is claiming what.

Date: January 21, 2018 03:37PM

Ah, but the drama!!!

Posted by: Tall Man, Short Hair ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 06:54PM

I think it represents a classic collision of freedoms in a free society.

The Mormons are granted the freedom to access publicly-available records to fuel their meaningless rituals even though they dishonor the wishes of survivors.

The survivors are free to voice their displeasure and point out that this meaningless ritual violates the memory of their loved ones.

I'd rather it be this way than either aggrieved party be preemptively prohibited from either activity.

Date: January 21, 2018 07:45PM

Until Amyjo gets her class action lawsuit up and running and won, your current view is the law of the land.

Each side can retire to its sideline, there to mutter imprecations hurled (softly) at the other side. The beat goes on, to quote an elder statesman who ran into a tree.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 08:10PM

here is the deal ......

I have had MORmONS that knew that I was member threaten to take measures to see that I was excommed for my actions against THE (MORmON) church that they did not like

I have had MORmONS who did not know that I am officially a member threaten to take measures to see that I am posthumously baptized into the MORmON religion as punishment for my actions against MORmONISM that they did not like, as they thought I would be offended by such action.

SO Which is going to be, you MORmONS?

probably both at the same time knowing how damn dumb that MORmONS really are !!!!

I laughed in the faces of the MORmONS in both groups.

I like the fact that MORmONS do such stupid things that are basically meaningless, with the grand exception of proving my chief contentions about MORmONS, that they are stupid and mean and phony

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 21, 2018 08:17PM

LDS baptisms are BAD, for the LIVING as well as the DEAD.

DEAD people are no longer here and so what they're doing is sacrilegious anyway...

It's also a [another] way to TAKE more of the member's time ($) - IT COSTS $ to SPEND time. DEAD time.

M@t

Date: January 21, 2018 09:53PM

No Anne Frank will be in outer darkness because she wasn't Mormon! Nothing but a bunch of stuck up idiots!and they say we see nothing wrong with it!then keep your pathetic missionaries away! Hello we are from the church of Joseph Smith of latter day liars and would you like to take lessons with us?

Date: January 21, 2018 09:55PM

You will have to give up everything even your money! And did we tell you we do baptism of the dead? But it is for those who are pure Mormons, and we will become gods someday!and all those who are not Mormon well they will be in the lesser kingdoms

Date: January 21, 2018 09:56PM

Did we tell you that we hate black people and gays? We do but here is a book of Mormon! Haha if only missionaries said this to people

Date: January 22, 2018 11:25AM

Mormons hate feeling that the public thinks they're stupid or silly. Perhaps they would cut back on some of this if they thought it would make them look better to the public. I think if everyone told every mormon including missionaries that they think mormons are stupid or silly for dead dunking, it might make the mormons with some of the careless geneology and some of the multiple and Jewish dunkings.

Date: January 22, 2018 05:08PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> Mormons hate feeling that the public thinks
> they're stupid or silly.

....and yet they remain in the (ultra stupid /ultra silly) MORmON religion....

then again, MORmONS hate everything, just as some one has said

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 06:08PM

Cheryl Wrote:
> Mormons hate feeling that the public thinks
> they're stupid or silly. Perhaps they would cut
> back on some of this if they thought it would make
> them look better to the public. I think if
> everyone told every mormon including missionaries
> that they think mormons are stupid or silly for
> dead dunking, it might make the mormons with some
> of the careless geneology and some of the multiple
> and Jewish dunkings.
--------------------------------------------------

I totally agree based on my experience with Mormons. It is just as much a 'social club' as it is a religion. They would get their 'feelings hurt' just as much as others in our community to be called less than 'special and righteous'.

Someone needs constant 'media news (net, papers, etc.)' interviewing 'upstanding citizens' and telling them what Mormons really believe and then publish those saying Mormon beliefs are 'stupid/silly/etc.'.

That someone needs to be able to 'fund' that type of activity!

Date: January 22, 2018 07:33PM

spiritist Wrote:

> I totally agree based on my experience with
> Mormons. It is just as much a 'social club' as it
> is a religion.

> They would get their 'feelings
> hurt' just as much as others in our community to
> be called less than 'special and righteous'.

Speaking of hurt feelings, it really hurts my MORmON mother's feelings when I tell her that her THE (MORmON) church is a social club.

That is the same woman who can name 2 out of 15 of the latest MORmON ASSpostHOLES - "Packard" and "McConkie" and the rest are just a blur of nameless faces that she will bitterly defend them as divinely charged even as she can not fully identify them....... because the church is pretty darn important to her!!! !!!

When I hinted to my male parent he had joined THE (MORmON) church to be able to marry his little MORmON girl friend, he wanted to show how inferior that Abraham was for not being willing and/ or able to gladly kill Isaac!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 06:54PM

I understand why some people get upset about it, or feel "offended" when it's done to their relatives/ancestors.

However, I also feel that the more someone gets upset about it, the more legitimacy that lends to the mormon practice. Which has no legitimacy. It's a meaningless, stupid, ignorant, superstitious nothing, mainly done to keep temple recommend holders going back to ingrain the temple rituals in their brains.

So while I understand the offense taken, I'd love to see some group come out and say, "They can do whatever silly things they want in their temples, those things have zero effect on my ancestors, and we find them patently ridiculous."

Date: January 22, 2018 07:42PM

agreement with everything you said there ....and (in addition) in their weird sick twisted little MORmON minds MORmONS are sure that they will gain the ultimate upper hand some day ...in the eternities..... as MORmON style redeemed Jews and their progeny grovel in gratitude before the MORmONS that did the temple work (SECRET HANDSHAKES!!!!) for those lost Jews and their progeny who were originally offended. ...a person has to be sick to take meaningful satisfaction is such a contrived thing .....that is NEVER going to happen!!!!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 22, 2018 07:55PM

hie's post. He's correct. I know my daughter will have me dead dunked and she'll do it after I die. I'm sure I'll at least get to be buried in jeans and a turtle neck as others will be alive when I die. She'll also dunk her dad and her brother, and any other family member who is not mormon (many). If it gives her peace, I'm not going to take that from her.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.