Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: September 20, 2010 12:43PM

I was actually afraid to watch this movie for some reason. This kind of abuse of power is very disturbing to me.

It spoke volumes about the Mormon Church and what it actually represents.

I think so called main stream Mormons are out of their minds if they think this doesn’t show exactly what Mormonism is all about.

The pursuit of power and wealth and lording over others is exactly what Mormonism is. The use of members who are convinced to volunteer for and submit to this kind of abuse, while being totally convinced that these leaders actually are Gods representatives on earth, willing to do any task assigned to them convinced that they are protecting and assisting a “True Prophet”.

If Mormons think their self proclaimed prophet is the True Prophet, I would only have to say that Tomas S. Monson is no more a Prophet than Warren Jeffs or Arvin Shreeve.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: the angel moron ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 07:42PM

.... see the obvious visual resemblance of the "prophet" in this movie to Joseph Smith???? Creepy.....

Posted by: bees ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 10:04PM

I agree that the resemblance of the prophet does look like Joseph Smith! I watched it and realized that I really don't want to be part of pologamy. I pray and hope that true LDS church decide to reverse the pologamy.

Posted by: bees ( )
Date: September 21, 2010 10:05PM

BIG OPPS. I mean I pray and hope that LDS church do not decide to reverse the pologamy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.