Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 03:41PM

The god card. The, "this is god's only true church and he leads it himself." so therefore everything we do is his will. This was always the biggest hurdle for me because it was clear early on that god and i definitely do not think alike, like not even close. My mind would naturally hate all the teachings of the mormon church. But that god card was always used to suppress me somehow by the family. But that card doesn't really work on me like it used to that's for d@mn sure. God is f#cked in the head if he is really a part of that corporation. What do you think was their most effective weapon against you? Guilt? shame? Exclusion from events such as weddings? I know that they have a lot of sh#t that they try to do to you. Brainwashing at a young age is a big weapon as well for sure. That subliminal programming and not so subliminal programming will never get out of your head says the bard and i think he may be right. That bullsh#t may be in your mind for life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 03:51PM

I believe the indoctrination has several facets, which are carefully orchestrated with the goal of 100% involvement, including tithing & adulation of leaders, conformity-compliance.

Date: January 27, 2018 07:21PM

I believe you are right. Whatever they do they have it down to a science to control the people. What does adulation mean? Falling love with or praise like gods?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 07:54PM

I totally agree, Badass! And, they also use the opposite force of Satan. Ole Stan used to say, “I have a word concerning these people [those in the temple session], if they don’t live up to the covenants they made at these altars today, THEY WILL BE IN MY POWER.” Fuck that! I never broke any temple covenant because a true covenant requires that both parties know, and agree, to the stipulations.

No one told me, in advance, that I would be required to gash out my throat rather than revealing a priesthood token. No one told me I’d Covenant everything I had OR WILL EVER HAVE, to the fuckin’ church.

How’s your pain today Badass? It’s been about five days and a major surgery like yours generally takes about two weeks before the body is without pain. I’ve been thinking about you. I hope you’re healing. I hope the pain is decreasing. And, I hope that your quality of life is going to increase greatly.

Thanks for the venting, Badass. A very gently, but sincere bro-hug. Boner.

Date: January 27, 2018 08:33PM

The pain is pretty bad still, is it supposed to be bad still? This fucking sucks boner not going to lie. If i am venting on here you know i ain't happy with religion or god that claims to have healing ability and all their bullsh#t that goes with it. My mind is still in shock that i was being raised in a pretty scary cult the entire upbringing. No wonder i felt f#cked up i was around nutballs that did death oaths all the time. I knew something was wrong boner my entire f#cking life i just could not putmy finger on it. I am the only one in my family that fought against the brainwashing. Scaaaary sh#t man. God was playing a sick game on me if there is a god. But anyways i thought i would be out of pain by now but i guess i was thinking like a magical mormon.

Date: January 27, 2018 08:40PM

And that temple video with stan is so f#cked up. That is all mormons need is to be scared all the f#cking time for the rest of their life. The jesus of the bible would never produce a scare tactic video like that. If only i would have known boner. I wish i had the hard evidence of the temple bullsh#t when i was younger. So much hell could have been avoided for me. I was in a bad spot for sure. I just hope i can recover from everything and live a real life or something. That cult can put you in a deep hole to climb out of.

Date: January 27, 2018 08:43PM

And one last thing FUCKIN A

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 09:38PM

The leaders are called of God. There’s no evidence of such a thing, you just have to take their word for it. They get to say anything and say God says so. God says don’t accept gay marriage. God says build a mall. God says you suck. See how easy it is?

Date: January 28, 2018 12:27AM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The leaders are called of God. There’s no
> evidence of such a thing, you just have to take
> their word for it. They get to say anything and
> say God says so. God says don’t accept gay
> marriage. God says build a mall. God says you
> suck. See how easy it is?

Exactly, but it is so effective in controlling people.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 10:33PM

My surgery hasn't been two weeks out yet, and can vouch on the pain part.

On a good token, went almost all day yesterday without needing any pain medication.

Today it's been about the same. That is an improvement over what it was.

Seeing people at worship services this morning was reassuring. I've met two women who've been through it like I'm going through it now. Another woman who has lots to share on the subject was helpful. She even volunteers where I'm being treated, as a care worker. I wouldn't have known this were it not for my illness. :)

I only told one or two of them I was having surgery beforehand. Today there were numerous people coming over to check on me, sincerely - not pretentiously.

They are like having an extended family of sorts. That's the difference when you're in a real loving supportive fellowship v. a cult. The genuine level is through the roof!

That's been a positive experience.

Date: January 28, 2018 12:31AM

I would kill to have people that legitimately give a sh#t about my welfare in this community. Mormons are not even human when it comes to really caring. They just do weird rituals for you in a temple instead of actually doing something.

Date: January 28, 2018 01:23AM

I am kind of worried to still be in a good amount of pain 5 days out.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 28, 2018 07:35AM

Pain is a sign of healing post-surgery.

That soon following surgery it would be normal.

Posted by: perky ( )
Date: January 27, 2018 11:05PM

Great post.

Church dogma (only true church etc..) is used to keep people in line. Overall the cult is just a capitalist enterprise, exploiting the members/workers to get as much profit as possible. For me, this is one great things about Rfm, people discuss both the dogma and how they were exploited.

Date: January 28, 2018 12:34AM

perky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great post.
>
> Church dogma (only true church etc..) is used to
> keep people in line. Overall the cult is just a
> capitalist enterprise, exploiting the
> members/workers to get as much profit as possible.
> For me, this is one great things about Rfm,
> people discuss both the dogma and how they were
> exploited.

That only true church line really f#cked with me growing up. I thought i was the weirdo for not liking it at all. I naturally hated everything about god's one true church, it made me look like and feel like the devil himself and regret being born.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.