Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 06:27AM

I revisit this strange and bizarre topic as proof positive that true-believing Mormons will swallow anything in defense of their crazy cult.

RfM poster, "templenamegabriel," asked the following question, prompted by a nut in their family flock who was making brainless claims in the name of their fringy faith:

"Hey, Steve, wondering if you've heard this rumor about you. My apologies if you've heard this a ton. I'm new to the forum and only recently left the Church. I am an AZ native (36 years) and from a large TBM family.My father has always made the following claim about you:

"'Steve Benson is the adopted grandson of ETB. ETB's patriarchal blessing states that none of his children or grandchildren will be lost (aka not make the CK). Since Steve is adopted the fact that he's apostate doesn't change the validity of the blessing.'

"I just don't even know where to start in picking that all apart, but I'm just so curious if you've ever heard that specific rumor. Again, my apologies if you have and this has been hashed out before."

(RfM discussion board, 26 September 2014)

geezusElohimchrist. Is there no help for the apostate son?

Let's cut to the chase (Good luck with the links. It's been awhile and I hope they're still functional):

I have a birth certificate from Sutter Memorial Hospital, Sacramento, CA, showing that I was born in that facility on 2 January 1954 to Lela Wing Benson (wife of Mark Amussen Benson, the second oldest child of Ezra Taft and Flora Amussen Benson). My name on the birth certificate is "Stephen Reed Benson." My middle name on that birth certificate comes from my uncle, Reed Amussen Benson (the oldest child of Ezra Taft and Flora Amussen Benson).

I didn't ask for this trip down Gospel Genealogy Lane but since it was requested in order that Mormons can know the truth and the truth can set them free to drink coffee and engage in other forms of "sin" that normal people find totally acceptable, here's some information to help set the record straight:

1) If Inquiring TBMs want to get a copy of my birth certificate in order to prove that I was actually born into the Benson family bloodline and am not some Adopted Kid from Hell, then . . .

WARNING: I'm going to make these Truly Beehive-brained Mormons work for that document, which reminds me . . .

WARNING: This exercise will require Then to fork over a non-Kolobian government processing fee but . . .

GOOD NEWS: How can one put a price on secularly-revealed manna from mankind?

If TBMs still want a certified copy of my birth certificate, they can apply for one--but, like I said . . .

WARNING: They must jump through the necessary legal hoops, as set forth by the official supplier of said document, California's Department of Public Health:

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/pages/certifiedcopiesofbirthdeathrecords.aspx

While I think the above information might be helpful to nutty TBMs, it comes with a . . .

WARNING: Getting the info will still require them to access the birth certificate by using a computer.

2) If eyes-on, downloadable acquisition of an official copy of my birth certificate is simply too much work for TBMs or against their religious convictions, then . . .

WARNING: They simply need to be told that they're shuck out of luck,

I know the truth is hard to the deluded, but praying to the non-existent Mormon God will get them nowhere in their search.

3) I don't know how the average TBM feels about "states' rights," (my Grandpa ETB but was big into them, being the racist that the was), but if they agree to the state government of California's mandated terms and conditions yet somehow can't wait to get their hands on an official copy of my birth certificate, then . . .

WARNING: They've might as well bear down and wade through the following background information on the hospital in which I was born to my mom, Lela Wing Benson (daughter-in-law of Ezra Taft and Flora Amussen Benson), but I am again reminded . . .

WARNING: This approach is related to the first WARNING about getting a certified copy of my birth certificate from the state of California, however . . .

WARNING: To see this for themselves, they will just have to do more computer searches:

"The first satellite hospital in California, Sutter Memorial Hospital, opened in 1937. It was the first hospital in California to utilize isolation techniques and multiple nurseries for infants. Today, the 346-bed specialty medical center is known for it’s cardiovascular services, transplants, and women's and children's specialty services."

http://www.suttermedicalcenter.org/spiritualcare/history.html

". . . Sutter Memorial Hospital . . . was originally opened in 1937 as Sutter Maternity Hospital. When built, Sutter Maternity was situated on the 'edge' of town with 20 acres and 52 'air conditioned' beds. It was an immediate success. Over the years, the hospital name changed and the scope of services and the number of buildings expanded."

http://www.sutterdistrict.org/2012/08/31/the-future-of-sutter-memorial-hospital/

"Sutter Memorial Hospital

"The 346-bed specialty medical center focuses on cardiovascular services, transplants, and women's and children's specialty services. Sutter Memorial Hospital opened to the community in 1937 as The Workers' Party Hospital of Sacramento. Sutter Memorial Hospital is known as Sacramento's Baby Hospital and has been the birthplace of more than 300,000 babies (more than any other facility in Sacramento). Sutter Memorial Hospital is slated to close when the Anderson Lucchetti Women's and Children's Center opens in Fall 2014.

"Currently Sutter Memorial Hospital is known as the home of the renowned Sutter Heart & Vascular Institute and Children's Center."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutter_Medical_Center

4) Below is some personal information tenacious TBMs
can also get but . . .

WARNING: This, too, is available through the SI (the "Satanic Internet")--meaning that TBMs willing to risk their eternal salvation by dancing with the false gods of Google should get themselves comfy with doing computer searches in the LIA (short for the "Luciferian Information Age"):

--"Steve Benson (cartoonist)

"Stephen Reed Benson (born January 2, 1954, in Sacramento, California) is a Pulitzer Prize-winning U.S. editorial cartoonist for The Arizona Republic. Benson is the grandson of former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and former LDS Church president Ezra Taft Benson."

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Benson_%28cartoonist%29)

--"Steve Benson . . .

"Legal name, full name: 'Stephen Reed Benson'

"Born: 1954; January 1954; the United States; California . . .

"Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Benson_(cartoonist)

"Won: Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Cartooning (1993)

"Gender: Male

"Nationality: American

"Class: person, cartoonist, Capricorn person, award winner, missionary

"Religion: Atheist

"Born: During 1950s

"Related Websites [several listed; blah, blah, blah] . . . :

http://www.evi.com/q/facts_about__steve_benson . . . "

--"Steve Benson . . .

"Born: Stephen Reed Benson.

"January 2, 1954 in Sacramento, California USA"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2907428/

--My father, Mark Amussen Benson, was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, in 1929, but . . .

GOOD NEWS: It involves TBMs doing entry-level work for the dead--namely, reading my dad's obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?pid=158850257

--While TBMs are at it, someone should inform these fancifully-fantisizing faithful fanatics that I was not born in Kenya, nor, to the best imy knowledge, am I in the direct genealogical line of Barack Obama, but . . .

WARNING: While I'm the native-born/first-born child of my mother, Lela Wing Benson (who came to earth in 1931), she herself was a native of Raymond, Alberta, Canada (therefore having made her a person of non-U.S.-born birth). She recently passed away, but i going to make TBMs do their own homework on her death details just to see if they can dig it up without my help). I don't know how TBMs would feel about all of this but:

http://www.chenowethsite.com/chj1js3.htm

5) Another helpful hint for TBMs, but . . .

WARNING: It requires them to do more of that sinful computer-search stuff (As President Monson has said, "A computer mind is the Devil's workshop").

When my dad died, a thoughtful tribute was offered by someone who had attended his funeral service. I may be going out on a limb here but because it mentions my sisters, it helps establish my genetic connection to the Benson family tree For the genealogical record. My sisters' married names are "Stephanie Benson Young;" "Stacey Ann Benson Reeder;" "Margaret Benson Ferry;" and "Mary Benson Richards." TBMs may have to contact them themselves if they wants face-to-face, direct confirmation from Benson blood buddies that I was not adopted but . . .

WARNING: This may require them to use a telephone if they are fearful of being spotted cavorting with carnal computers, but even with that heads-up . . .

GOOD NEWS: I will provide them with the following hint in this Family Egg Hunt in which they are engaged. I doing so, I am revealing no Benson family super secrets by noting the publicly-available information that all four of my sisters happen to live in Utah. Their maiden names are provided in the link directly above. 'Nuff said on that. TBMs can contact any of them if they wish. My sisters are nice people and may even bake them cookies.

Anyway, here's the relevant parts for inquiring TBMs about that tribute offered regarding my dad's funeral service:

"My dear, wonderful Uncle Mark [Amussen Benson] passed away last Sunday. . . .

"The program was lovely; all but their eldest son, Stephen Reed, shared memories and the grandchildren played a beautiful musical number." [I subsequently gave a graveside tribute to my dad, who is buried in Whitney, Utah, next to his parents, Ezra Taft and Flora Amussen Benson who, unfortunately, along with my dad, are not available for comment).

(http://redfear.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/another-family-funeral-beautiful-memories-meeting-moms-knitting-teacher/)

6) If testimony-driven TBMs would prefer to confirm my genetic connection to the Bensonites through contacting a patriarchal priesthood holder who is a member of my nuclear family and a member in good standing on the records of the LDS Church, they can always contact my brother. His name is "Michael Taft Benson," but . . .

WARNING: Mike's the educated type and, even worse than that, is president of the non-Mormon Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, KY.

http://www.government.eku.edu/people/benson

What I do for faithfully dead-ended and dead-headed TBMs, I tell ya. :)

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 03:09PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous1234 ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 08:35AM

Trying to take away or even questioning a person's birth rights or lineage because that person isn't drinking the mormon koolaid, is taking things to a new low point. Even for cult followers, this is a new low. I would like to say that I am shocked, and for a few seconds I was shocked. But I guess this shouldn't shock anyone. Mormon cult followers will go to any lengths to try to bend the whole universe if they could, to prove that their world view is the only correct one and to resolve any discrepancies to to their mis-guided faith.

I disagree with many of Steve Benson's political positions. But no one should attack the legitimacy of his lineage because they do not agree with him.

Steve, when the promise from ETB's patriarchial blessing sweeps you in to the CK unworthily, give them hell there for the rest of us.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 08:59AM

Steve, please understand that many of us on this site have had similar experiences, often by our actual families. They may not question our official legitimacy, but they spend their whole lives telling us in subtle ways that we are not accepted as full-fledged participants in the family. Parents shun their children, spouses have thoughts of divorce, and children tell their parents they are going to hell, all in the name of a family church. We know how that grates on one's soul and psyche. Some of us deal with it, and find friends, but some of us are pushed over the edge.

Date: February 04, 2018 02:06AM

of acceptance or rejection.

The ones who have had their own personal versions of a crisis of faith tend to be more sympathetic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 02:09AM by steve benson.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 09:57AM

From the time I was in Nursery and gained a strong testimony that the Cheerios are true I have been nurtured by the beloved Correlation department to be molded into a peculiar way of filtering and thinking about things.

If ETB's blessing said that none of his children/grandchildren would ever become apostate then its obvious that one of only 2 options is possible. (1) Steve Benson is adopted. (2) Steve Benson has already become a TBM again or he will become a TBM sometime in the future.

Well I started to think of a third option - i.e. maybe the patriarch got it wrong - but thanks to the glorious Correlation teachings I quickly realized such thinking was a Doubt. Through this marvelous Correlation program I've been well-indoctrinated to learn that Patriarchs are called of God and thus they always get things right because God is perfect. So I removed this from my mind quickly. All it takes is one little Doubt to be allowed to dwell in me for a millisecond and I've committed a super grievous sin.

So back to the options. On #2 it doesn't seem like Steve is very TBM right now. I'm not going to believe that he is TBM until he starts acting like one. Where do we see Steve writing about how fearful/scared he is that he might have any Doubt enter his mind that Russell Nelson is a mighty prophet/seer/revelator? I don't see Steve writing much about how he believes its so important to pay a full tithe, fully obey the Brethren without any questioning, and give great praise to the amazingly accurate translations that Joseph Smith made of the Gold Plates, Kinderhook Plates, and Book of Abraham facsimiles. Also I don't see him giving much praise for how super honest/transparent the Church is about its finances, statistics, doctrines, and history as everyone knows that a Church is "true" because of how super honest/transparent they are on everything. Thus it seems like we can rule out #2 on Steve.

That means that #1 is our last hope and only hope to reconcile this issue. Thus I say to myself "Steve was adopted", remember its are only hope, and then realize that I could be on the path to forming a Doubt if I were to even investigate this whole idea that Steve Benson might have a birth certificate. Thus I got to completely block out any idea that he could possibly have a birth certificate that has anything to do with Mark Amussen Benson.

Someday I want to be in the Celestial Kingdom where I can be omniscient about all things. Well almost all things. For a sacred reason I'm going to stay clueless about this whole Steve Benson Birth Certificate idea. So I'll be just somewhat omniscient.

Rather than waste another moment on this topic I will simply bear testimony and then go get busy on something obedient-minded such as trying to build relationships of trust with my neighbors into them thinking that Mormons are the most open-minded and honest people ever so they will want to learn more about Mormonism so they can find out for themselves whether or not the Church is true - i.e. the most honest, transparent, and truthful organization ever full of super open-minded honest people.

Date: February 01, 2018 12:02PM

I would take an official birth certificate issued by the State of California any day over a stupidly concocted patriarchal blessing blabbered in the name of the Kingdom of God of the State of Deseret by bogus priesthood puppets of the Mormon Cult.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 12:57PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 02:57PM

There’s a third option: Steve is actually TBM and is only testing the saints by appearing to be an apostate. He’s so convincing that the church must be true.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:27AM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 10:01AM

I'm sending Joe Arpaio to track down your real birth certificate and not that fake one.

Date: February 01, 2018 12:50PM

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:32PM

My husband was born at Sutter Memorial :-)

The only way TBMs can reconcile the mental discomfort caused by thought a) ETB received a PB stating that ‘none of his children or grandchildren would be lost’
With thought b) Steve Benson is an apostate
Is to make up this crazy nonsense that you *must* be adopted! How very insulting.

These so-called blessings are dangerous. Hopefully, though, when certain things don’t come to pass it may crack some shelves. I know there are PBs given to females that discuss them having children and their roles as mothers, blah blah....and what happens when they discover that after years of trying for children they are infertile? This scenario describes one of my cousins. I wonder what explanation the family has come up with for that one.

Posted by: another oldie ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 01:37PM

and thus option #4 is revealed.....

bluebutterfly, the answer is, of course, that your husband was switched at birth with the baby that is known to the world as Steve Benson. Please tell us that your husband was born the same day as the imposter and that he is TBM! ETB's long lost true grandson. God works in a marvelous way and so do the minds of kooky TBMs.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 06:22PM

another oldie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and thus option #4 is revealed.....
>
> bluebutterfly, the answer is, of course, that your
> husband was switched at birth with the baby that
> is known to the world as Steve Benson. Please tell
> us that your husband was born the same day as the
> imposter and that he is TBM! ETB's long lost
> true grandson. God works in a marvelous way and
> so do the minds of kooky TBMs.

Lol nah...my hubs was born in 1977. But maybe Steve Benson *was* switched at birth! Thus possessing a legitimate birth certificate proving he isn't adopted! Boom! Case solved!

Date: February 01, 2018 01:48PM

. . . that none of his family would leave the Mormon Church.

However, that didn't stop him from writing fellow Benson family members to boast that we were the best of the best in Mormonland.

Below are examples of the letters he said to me, along with others that he sent to the larger Benson clan:

--ETB on The Self-Proclaimed Royal Benson Blood Line

"Your father is doing an outstanding job as a Regional Representative. The people love him. He has their support and they plead with me not to move him . . . He is a great man, Stephen. You have choice blood in your veins.

"God bless you. We're so proud of you . . ."

(Ezra Taft Benson/"Grandpa Benson," to Stephen Benson, 6 December 1978)
_____

"We have a great family and the grandchildren are all marrying well and are performing beautifully as they face the responsibilities and problems of life. We are proud of all the children, grandchildren, their companions, and the great-grandchildren. Of course, grandma says they're all 'great' and I know they are."

(Ezra Taft Benson/"Grandpa Benson," to Stephen Benson, 18 August 1982)
_____

"Your father is doing an outstanding job as bishop . . .

"What a great family and what grateful grandparents and parents. The Lord bless you all--now and always--is our humble wish and prayer."

(Ezra Taft and Flora Amussen Benson/"Grandpa and Grandma Benson," to Stephen and Mary Ann Benson, 20 February 1980)
_____

"How I love you all and express deep gratitude for you and your wonderful qualities and for your love and support"

(Ezra Taft Benson/"Father, Grandfather and Greatgrandfather," to "Dear Children, Grandchildren, Great-Grandchildren and Eternal Companions," 18 June 1980)
_____

"Stephen, I enjoyed a glorious weekend with your father in Jackson, Mississippi and in New Orleans. He is a great man, one of the outstanding sons of our Heavenly Father. This was impressed upon Grandma and me even more fully as we spent the weekend and Monday with him in the South.

"The Lord bless the posterity of your father and mother and bless you as you go forward following the instructions and example which they have set."

(Ezra Taft Benson/"Grandpa Benson," to Stephen and Mary Ann Benson, 11 December 1978)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 03:48PM by steve benson.

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 03:22PM

I have it good authority that you are a Muslim, born in Kenya. This is a yuge story. Believe me!

Date: February 01, 2018 03:47PM

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 04:59PM

Now that I've analyzed things and figured out that Obi-Wan Kenobi is our only hope.

Ooops I mean "Steve was adopted" is our only hope.

It means that your grandpa ETB must have gotten it wrong in thinking that you Steve Benson were not adopted.

But then how did your grandpa ever become Church president as he could never possibly lead us all astray or get confused about such things ..... hmmmmm ....

I better stop thinking now. I'm going to go sing a hymn. Gotta get this Doubt out of my mind right now.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:48PM

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:56PM

You look too much like the Bensons for that myth to hold any water.

How funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 01:00PM by Amyjo.

Date: February 01, 2018 01:02PM

And my grandfather, when he saw the facial similarities between the two of us, decided to get plastic surgery but the Mormon Church wouldn't pay for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2018 01:05PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 10:06AM

If you pull off the latex mask, you’ll find Michael Ballam.

Date: February 04, 2018 02:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 02:14AM by steve benson.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 12:58PM

Certainly easier for a narrow minded TOM to ignorantly attack a Benson that it would be for them to consider even for a moment that their beliefs are hogwash.

Date: February 01, 2018 01:00PM

TBM not TOM. Dang spellchecker.

Date: February 01, 2018 01:03PM

Date: February 01, 2018 01:12PM

You're right again. I have encountered more than my fair share of those.

Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 01:15PM

TBMs will never be able to accept this. Even if shown the birth certificate, they will just brush it off and block it out of their minds. In their world, there can only exist information that is positive about TSCC. They conveniently forget any information that doesn't fit.

Date: February 01, 2018 02:56PM

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 01:25PM

that claim is beyond offensive ! And that statement is just WRONG its so rude. things that fearful folks will say and do never cease to amaze me. I thought I'd heard the rudest most unfortunate statements yet but that falls real close to hell as measured by 'lack of love' on the nearer to hell odometer , that speaker doesn't even like you. Clearly that speaker is standing in the gates of hell without love for you in this moment and yelling insults at the freed (those freed from the cult's guilt and greed and on to better pursuits, including the wonder of it all. Questions about the universe or at least our part in it specifically including the American South West and the wild rodeo brought by Joseph and Brigham strange lassos' a tangle upon our culture./ cultural state/ cultural status even as we purposefully pursue other rodeos and another life can't help but note the Mormon rodeo from our vantage.)

which brings the shocking rudeness abruptly to the level of fear. One has to wonder what in the emotional political ecosphere / the cultural melieu has potentially rolled this insult caster tighter than a joint. Its as if your ideas and brilliance fetch to light him on fire with fear for his ongoing existence and if he reads what you write, his life will go up in a smoke like you strike a match near him and his joint in life is on fire with cognitive awareness. Oh how terrifying for him.

Enough of him. How obvious is it that you bring the originall period of our pioneer ancestory into view as one of their greatest noble sons? It is obvious if you were alive back when you would have invented electricity and lit up the wild west earlier in history Steve. If you weren't running the the press you would have been writing the meme behind the scenes. Clearly you have the ability to not just run a church but run old Deseret its in your genes but you wouldn't want to. YOu remind me of the brilliance of some of the sons of the pioneers, like one who worked on the first nuclear submarine a physicist and engineer whose children 4/6 of them opened new fields working in universities and one went into corporate development. You are like them in your field. You bring the best out of the Mormon west into the present. and like the private heros who climbed out of the Mormon spawned morass all across the American West, you stand shining among the best.

These pioneers had a light in them, some of them, and some of the their children will not be dimmed. They have to hire and convert marketing firms for that. Someone put a light in me & in you and you have carried that internal brilliance so far. Just like the most bright star among your forefathers you have been brilliant your career has brought grins grimaces winces in humor guaffes and your writing shines rips the lie apart ripping truth into daylight. How much like a real prophet, a world changing prophet, a cultural narrative writer is that. YES you are, a Benson. Its obvious. Just the smartest one.

Do you want, another metaphor? I could just keep making them up because you're real, you really brought that pioneer line energy into cult fighting crusade intellectually upon discovery of the cults most grievous marketed lies and tragic history. I respect that, because you could have just cashed in and continued to sit in the cush seats and gone to banquets at conference instead among other convienent social things which you didn't because you are, a writer, an innovator, an intellectual instigator, a powerful force for noting and pointing out : "what's-going-on-out-there." Thank you Steve.

The light you are for truth in history instead of a meme filled forgetful marketed Mormon history clearly lights and unlocks the hinge or revisitionist propaganda effectively. And that's terrifying enough or threatening enough for someone to cast that low aspersion. But there is no excuse for anything that rude directed at you. You are a hero. What you've done is heroic. An intellect. A power among the dimly strung low watt bulbs across the south west.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 01:28PM

So if a PB say's a person will preach the gospel to the inhabitants of the sun and moon, does that mean there really are inhabitants of the sun and moon? The PB can't be wrong!

Wait!!! I just remembered this as I was typing, I'm not kidding....I got my PB at 22 years old, just before I left for my mission. It says that I will serve my mission "in one of the four corners of the world."

I always thought that meant I would go on a foreign mission, which I did. I served in the Caribbean Islands. But what this really must mean is that the earth is not a sphere! It's a cube! And the Caribbean is on one of the corners!!

The fact that I have though it was a sphere all this time "doesn't change the validity of the blessing."

Whew! Good to know.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 03:41PM

He's not a legitimate president because he was born in Kenya!

Mormon version:

He's not a legitimate Benson because he was adopted!

Date: February 01, 2018 04:56PM

Posted by: Anonymous Today ( )
Date: February 01, 2018 06:12PM

Perhaps they are confusing you with one of your Uncle Reed's children, all 9 of whom were adopted (as I recall from my BYU days).

Out of curiosity, how many of the ETB grandchildren (including adoptees) have abandoned the faith. Surely, you are not the only one.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:34AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 10:07AM

Until you release a certified copy of your long-form birth certificate, I'm not buying it.
You aren't really a Benson. You were born in Kenya. And you're really a Muslim, not an atheist. And you inherited your cartoon skills from your "real" dad, who was an editorial cartoonist in Kenya, but disappeared after he put out a cartoon depicting the US mormon prophet as a black man. Which is why your "real" mom gave you up for adoption to the highly-respected mormon Benson family.

<grin>

Date: February 04, 2018 01:36AM

Posted by: Ghost ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 12:23PM

What was your Time of birth?

Date: February 04, 2018 01:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 01:38AM by steve benson.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 03:01PM

I was born at sutter too, FYI, when demolishing the hospital all the rats and mice ran to the neighboring homes, it's now an empty dusty field.

Posted by: Ratdog ( )
Date: February 02, 2018 04:04PM

Lol. Tell him you'll provide a copy of your birth certificate if they can produce a postcard from kolob. Friggin hysterical.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:56AM

Posted by: ANON 3 ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 03:25AM

(so sorry as to be crude but I have to laugh about it) So is your mother really pissed of being accused as having an affair? Resulting in your fathers adoption of you? I'm sorry. I could just seemed going to my mother saying "Hey, mom"

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 03:38AM

A Sacramento native. That's cool, Steve. I live in the region.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 11:41AM

Since you are not adopted the blessing can still be accurate. Either you will rejoin the church and become a super believing Mormon, or you will be baptized after you are dead and accept Mormonism in the next life. Mormon's never lose, and blessings will always hold up if you think like a zealot.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:45AM

will necessarily end up accepting that 'tism and grow a testimony.

If they claim otherwise and are asked to prove how they know, they may confess to you privately that they were mainlining Jell-O and went into a trance where the truth was made known unto them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 01:53AM by steve benson.

Posted by: waunderdog ( )
Date: February 03, 2018 11:57AM

Does ETB's patriarchal blessing actually say that none of his children or grandchildren will fall away? Or is that just other Mormon lore?

If it does, well, the church says the promises contained in patriarchal blessings are conditional, dependent upon one's righteousness and worthiness. So it looks like ETB wasn't worthy.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:52AM

He never told me whether it did or that it didn't.

But he once--and I kid you not--called me a "turd," which definitely proves he wasn't worthy.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 10:18AM

Hey, birth certificates mean nothing. I mean even Obama’s seems real. It could all have been a secret plot since birth like his was.

I’m pretty sure some nice lady who was working in labor and delivery at Utah Valley Hospital just brought me home because I’d been abandoned. That’s why my birth certificate seems legit. Cause I have absolutely nothing in common with my supposed birth “family” and realize I never did. And it explains why my father treated me so differently. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Ok, that’s my fantasy and I’m sticking to it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.