Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 10:07AM

The world is your oyster.

Don't waste it. ;-)

On the other hand Sunday can still be a day of rest. I've gotten more rest since leaving TSCC than I ever did as a member.

Oh what a difference a day makes!

:-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:07AM

Nothing much. Recover and 'Precover'. Exercise, to a degree (Celsius), my body and mind - I anticipate.

I'll take my walk for a walk and be my normal, natural self, and do lunch… and maybe later (pretend to) watch the StupidBore.

Speaking of oysters, I may have some, smoked, with other snacks, if I do.

I'll get my fill of chill and try not to spill my frill.

M@t

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:12AM

Sitting on the patio enjoying coffee at my sister's place in Yuma while my hometown is under a snowfall warning.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:13AM

Enjoying a hot mug of hot chocolate, spiked with whipped cream flavor vodka.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:24AM

Attempting to work while being called away by the siren's call of RfM.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:29AM

Just finished a few minor updates to the site. On my way to the gym now. Sunday mornings are great at the gym as it is nearly empty. Last Sunday morning, I had it to myself for an hour. This afternoon will cook a pizza and may watch a bit of the super bowl - not really too interested in it. Will practice the bass clarinet and alto sax this afternoon for some upcoming performances. In general, taking it easy.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 11:34AM

I got about forty minutes of yoga practice in. Now I'm hanging out with my two-year old nephew.

When he takes his mid-day nap, I plan on working on a poem that I am working on for Rare disease Day (which is February 28th, February 29th on Leap Year).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2018 11:37AM by severedpuppetstrings.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:12PM

Yoga is something I hope to take up this year. Enjoy time with nephew. That's a really fun age.

You're a poet too, huh? :)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 07:04AM

(You will) Enjoy Yoga Amyjo. Do you write poetry too? Me too!

I right- rather than left (A play on words is better than a work on words, though there isn't really much difference) it. Speaking of leaving it, much as I love it, I'd probably get more done if I didn't spend so much time here… but what fun would that be?

M@t

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 05, 2018 10:56PM

I have one of them, only it isn't rare in my family.

I salute you!

Posted by: S. Hinckley ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 12:03PM

I'm watching the superbowl.

I love how the mormon church just announced 19 mission adjustments instead of what it really is: "Closings."

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/mission-adjustments-2018?cid=HP_TH-1-2-2018_dPAD_fCNWS_xLIDyL2-2_

Date: February 04, 2018 01:08PM

Enjoy!

The snacks would make it or break it for me.

:)

Date: February 04, 2018 12:52PM

Not watching the Superbowl.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:07PM

I don't care for the Superbowl. Nor much for the commercials or the half-time event. I follow it in the news a little. That's about it.

Superbowl Sunday is a great time to go shopping or to the movies, or out dining. There'll be hardly any traffic on the roads until later, after the game.

Date: February 04, 2018 04:21PM

I'm at my sister's place in Yuma....and the local cable provider is having a scrap with the local TV stations, so much live programming is off the air. Don't know about the SB. Don't care. Was hoping to watch golf from Scottsdale...nope.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 07:37PM

I'm under quarantine, with a drippy, contagious cold, which means, I get the whole house to myself!

I've been playing the piano, and will be cleaning, with the football in the background. They predict a very low number of viewers for this game.

Philadelphia is ahead, right now. Time for BEAN DIP!

You know my secret, Anyjo. Superbowl Sunday is my favorite shopping day! It's all women at the stores, except the grocery and convenience stores.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:01PM

Make some soup, chuckle a bit when the TBM neighbors come home from their "block" looking stressed. And go for a hike later.
Forgot today is the football thing that we're all supposed to care about.

Date: February 04, 2018 01:08PM

I don't miss that kind of stress, not one bit.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:06PM

Later I'm going take a nap, and dedicate it to world peace.

But rest assured, I will be standing up for the National Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFt9D6ZIjOQ

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:12PM

Watching Super Bowl later. I’m still upset because Pittsburgh isn’t in it. I wanted a Pennsylvania Super Bowl. I’m watching hockey right now. Later on, I’ll have an IPA ale for the Super Bowl. Right now, Earl Grey tea

Posted by: fluhist not logged in ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 01:15PM

Did some much needed cleaning, we finally had a cooler day, it has been really hot here in Oz. I CANNOT clean in hot weather, it is just too much. My home looks really nice now.

OH the years when I used to spend all day Saturday making sure everything was ready for Sunday (if only I had taken the kids on a picnic instead), including all the kids clothes shoes etc, had meals prepared and then worked even harder on Sunday making sure everyone 'kept the sabbath' (all except Mum despite all the preparation. I mean the kids had to be kept occupied in a 'sabbath' way etc etc. I finally used to relax around 7PM. I allowed the kids to watch Walt Disney and I did too, while I was feeding the latest baby. How I did it all I do NOT know.

Today my exmo brother dropped by in the late afternoon and we went out for a quick bite of dinner.

NICE!!! Why did I waste all those years?

Date: February 04, 2018 02:46PM

Don't be so hard on yourself.

It wasn't wasted time if you learned from it, no?

I've wondered myself if how I use my time is the best use of it. But living my life one day at a time is about all I have energy for. If I can't save the world, at least I try to find what meaning there is in each and every moment.

We're here now. The saying, "Yesterday's the past, tomorrow is the future. But today is a gift," has special meaning for me.

Date: February 04, 2018 02:40PM

I'm watching the Golden Girls. Something I haven't done in I don't know how many years. :)

Had a pretty decent lunch of split pea soup, with spinach quiche, and cheese & crackers.

Do I watch more Golden Girls, or take a nap?

You know you're getting old[er] when the age gap between yourself and the Golden Girls is closing.

;-)

I'm really enjoying a nice extended visit by one of my adult children, while I've been convalescing from surgery. That's been a big blessing for the both of us.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:09PM

Amyjo, The Golden Girls were/are on my favorites and I still watch it sometimes.

I don't know if you know The Dick Van Dyke show, from 1961-1966? It's a whole different era of TV comedy but is just one of the best. The first year it was on, 1961, it was like 7:30 local time here in Utah so I couldn't watch since I was at MUTUAL. I wanted to see it and was thrilled that after a low-rated 1st season, CBS moved it to 930PM and I was usually able to be home from MUTUAL!!

It's been sort of in the news lately because Rose Marie, who played the woman writer on the fictional TV show died last month at age 94.

I'm waiting for the documentary about her, called "Wait for Your Laugh" hit my backwater town. (Salt Lake City). I've followed both her and the producer of the movie, talking about it for the last year. She was very active on Facebook, engaging with followers. Sometime late last year, probably October, Rose Marie signed up with Twitter and hade over 100,000 followers almost overnight.

She was my favorite part of the DVD show (well, maybe 2nd after Mary Tyler Moore).

Date: February 04, 2018 05:48PM

I watched the Dick Van Dyke show as a child. It was one of my favorite back then.

Didn't watch the Golden Girls a whole lot during its prime time network series. I liked it, but it was a bit too mature for me then, and as a TBM the themes were not PG enough rated for my Mormon ears.

Watching it today some 30 years later I can laugh along with the rest of them. And really enjoy the adult humor more now than I could appreciate in my 30's. :)

I saw that about Rose Marie. 94 is pretty darn old even by Hollywood standards. She's been immortalized through her tv series.

Date: February 04, 2018 07:19PM

We've stocked up on guacamole dip and tortilla chips at our home. Bought more beer than one person can handle, so I've decided to help out. :D

We aren't Super Bowl ordinary fans, but what the heck. Chillin' by the open fire with the tv going.

I'm here for the commercials, the food, and what I can understand of the game.

Posted by: DVR Fan ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 02:42PM

I love SUNdays. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Spent time with my son this morning....a lil surprise visit.

Looking forward to a nap.

And hoping to renew my energy.....kinda tired this morning.

DVR Fan of fast forward

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 03:59PM

I'm watching both the Puppy and Kitten Bowls today, after I slept in a bit. As for the other thing, I only care about the commercials.

Date: February 04, 2018 05:02PM

Went and bought some craft beer. Gonna enjoy that on the patio later.

Date: February 04, 2018 05:04PM

Dammit!!! I got this great bean dip and I opened it to just taste it and now it's all gone and the game is still about 90 minutes away. Maybe I'll just nap and tape the game and watch it tomorrow, after I get another bean dip...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:21PM

I got yer bean dip.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:14PM

Had a great meal, sat in the jacuzzi and now we are watching a Monkathon until the game starts.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 05:23PM

OH! OH! I went. Various reasons

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:27PM

Watching Puppy Bowl.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:46PM

I'm sittin her sayin a prayer of thanks that I was a high school football team washout.

Not that I've used the extra brain capacity wisely mind you but at least I know the difference between concussion and collusion.

Seems to me that Stupor bowl Sunday would be an auspicious day to consider the plight of the lowly pecker of wood......

http://www.bendbulletin.com/nation/5974402-151/woodpeckers-show-possible-brain-damage

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 06:57PM

I gotta confess that when old dawg said bean dip, my first thought was that he was talking about his hot tub.

Date: February 04, 2018 07:29PM

Technically, that would be a beaner dip...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 04, 2018 07:43PM

went to breakfast, and then working. Such fun. But much more fun than going to church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.