Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:14AM

You are all the same people and you treat people the same. I have gauged all sides. I do belong to a group but not this one and definitely not the mormon one. But there isn't just two communities in the world. My counselor and i agreed i don't really need to get online anymore its a crutch that i don't need and i admit i know how to get people to target me better than anybody, hell they were probably ex-bishops that target me on here, i was only here to vent my thoughts but people(ex-church leaders) can not help themselves, they have to target somebody. Its not like anybody is their true selves online hiding behind fake names and not talking like they would in real life. Or helping somebody in real life like the catholics or something. Wish i could be blocked but i know that i can't which kind of sucks, two resignations from two groups in a week would have been impressive but i never really fit into this group to begin with, battling people online twice my age was never my dream in life but i did want to resign from the church so at least that got accomplished if nothing else. Everybody here has things figured out, without a doubt that is what they think. But nobody has everything figured out. Not one. I really was told that i would be hated and that is kind of funny. It kind of suits me, i don't want people to be fake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:45AM

I hope that you can get help from the Catholics with your rent. It wouldn't hurt to try more than one parish. Another thing that might help is to show up at Mass now and then, and make sure the priest sees you before you leave. Where I live, the Catholics wear casual clothes. Stay in the back pew and observe the first time, because it can get quite confusing. But they may help you even if you don't attend. I just think it would help. It's nothing like a Mormon service.

Date: February 07, 2018 02:30AM

brigidbarnes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope that you can get help from the Catholics
> with your rent. It wouldn't hurt to try more than
> one parish. Another thing that might help is to
> show up at Mass now and then, and make sure the
> priest sees you before you leave. Where I live,
> the Catholics wear casual clothes. Stay in the
> back pew and observe the first time, because it
> can get quite confusing. But they may help you
> even if you don't attend. I just think it would
> help. It's nothing like a Mormon service.

I would love to go to church in casual clothes. It is the way it is supposed to be. I liked how the catholics talked to me to be honest. Way different than the mormons. I was too late in line to get the rent voucher. People got there an hour before the nun even got there. Times are tough i guess.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:46AM

Sometimes you just need a good pity party.

Date: February 07, 2018 02:31AM

Babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> Sometimes you just need a good pity party.

And a train right? Don't ever respond to me again.

Posted by: Helping ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 06:53AM

Bwaaah Wrote:
--------------------------------------------------
>
>
> And a train (wreck) right? Don't ever respond to me
> again.

Don't every post again.

Problem solved!

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:00PM

How could babyloncansuckit respond to you? You're leaving (again) right? I'm glad the secret, underground, RfM cabal of ex-bishops, SP's and GA's, conspiracy to target you, worked.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Date: February 07, 2018 06:22PM

StillAnon Wrote:
> How could babyloncansuckit respond to you? You're
> leaving (again) right? I'm glad the secret,
> underground, RfM cabal of ex-bishops, SP's and
> GA's, conspiracy to target you, worked.
> Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Stillanon=church leader POS got that down very well. I really hope you are a liar and are a 19 year old in his mom's basement. You don't talk like a real man. I am pleased with my position, you might actually be worse than a church leader. But oh well, i have a feeling i will laugh when your true identity is matched with your device. Stay in the mud where you belong. I have graduated and messed with you at the same time. It's been fun needed something to do while recovering.

Date: February 07, 2018 06:24PM

Boner was smart to leave when he did.

Date: February 07, 2018 08:22PM

"Boner was smart to leave when he did."

You on the other hand.....

You've threatened to leave at least 4 times. People that you've pissed on, took time to tell you to seek additional sources for help after you leave. Now, most just want you to leave. Like you said, no one here can help you, except 2 people, and one, according to you, left. I see no sense for you to return. Like you said nobody here can help you.

Posted by: mushinja ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 09:59PM

"Boner was smart to leave when he did."

I must have missed this. When/where did this happen?

Date: February 07, 2018 10:17PM

In Adam's imagination.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:54PM

StillAnon Wrote:
> In Adam's imagination.

You need more help than i do at this stage of the game.

Date: February 07, 2018 11:15PM

What are you still doing here? You left-remember? You complain about mormon liars that set you up for disappointment. Can't you see the pain you're causing us?

Date: February 07, 2018 11:39PM

Can't you see what you've done to me you blind idiot.

Date: February 07, 2018 11:37PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> StillAnon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In Adam's imagination.
>
> You need more help than i do at this stage of the
> game.

You've actually done the most for my recovery so far and i am grateful. Thanks for paying for all my surgeries and my counseling it has been a huge help.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 02:16AM

The axiom that is generally understood amongst friends is this: People generally have the answers to the questions they are looking for, even before they ask the questions!

So what is friendship? It may be simply the opportunity to bounce our ideas off people that we know, like, and trust - just to see how they will respond! Will their response match ours? If it does, we are absolutely flattered! It boosts our ego to come to the same logical conclusion.

So, Badass, did you find people here that you feel you can get to know, like, and trust? Did their responses match your own intuition enough to boost your ego? If not, you will be disappointed. Except for the two people that you happened to get along with. Their ideas matched yours. So now what? Do you write everyone else off?

Or would you rather embrace the community here and continue to contribute? You have a choice to make. I know that your absence would be sorely felt by some. Everyone likes a success story and I am sorry that you feel under the microscope. Why don't you continue to show everyone how to overcome obstacles in life? Without lumping people together. We are all individuals and not all of us are older than you!

Date: February 07, 2018 03:14AM

paisley70 Wrote:
> The axiom that is generally understood amongst
> friends is this: People generally have the answers
> to the questions they are looking for, even before
> they ask the questions!
>
> So what is friendship? It may be simply the
> opportunity to bounce our ideas off people that we
> know, like, and trust - just to see how they will
> respond! Will their response match ours? If it
> does, we are absolutely flattered! It boosts our
> ego to come to the same logical conclusion.
>
> So, Badass, did you find people here that you feel
> you can get to know, like, and trust? Did their
> responses match your own intuition enough to boost
> your ego? If not, you will be disappointed. Except
> for the two people that you happened to get along
> with. Their ideas matched yours. So now what? Do
> you write everyone else off?
>
> Or would you rather embrace the community here and
> continue to contribute? You have a choice to make.
> I know that your absence would be sorely felt by
> some. Everyone likes a success story and I am
> sorry that you feel under the microscope. Why
> don't you continue to show everyone how to
> overcome obstacles in life? Without lumping people
> together. We are all individuals and not all of us
> are older than you!

I have nothing left to contribute to be honest. I haven't really helped anybody besides myself really. I almost felt as normal as my counselor walking out the door after an appointment which was amazing and one of my goals. She is what i consider a normal human being. I just bitch and complain through the uphill climb through painful surgeries and get made fun of in the process. I am done with it. I have been made fun of since at least the third grade so this is just normal as i achieve my goals. Ex-bishops twice my age try to stop me, they all talk the same to me, that is why there is no difference. Boner is legit and has things to contribute, he is right though after a while there is not much to talk about. I resigned so its over in my mind. Don't think i need a recovery sight anymore to just battle old guys all day that have been on here for freaking decades. They suffocate anybody that truly wants to be free of mormonism in my opinion because they talk exactly like church leaders in my opinion. And maybe i have hurt new blood i don't know i have been very selfish in trying to climb out of the hole and it has worked. I have never been this human and normal in my entire life. I think i really am just a dickhead towards old guys, its actually my personality because they tried to destroy my life and the memories are still there. My resignation is a statement that i am f#cking done. People are people are people there is no difference i have learned over the last year. Some may figure out how to get out of the cult but its truly the hardest thing you'll ever do. So if you don't want to be made fun of just stay in the church till you die basically is my opinion. I do know the way but it is not, it takes more than just a resignation letter to be truly free and truly your real self. It's a lot of work, people that have only been in for like two years will have an easier time breaking off. But if you were born in a strong cult family it is hard as hell. And it is lonely as f#ck. And you face ridicule from EVERYBODY. It isn't easy. It might be better to be in fantasyland but i just couldn't do it. I have nothing to contribute like i said. I don't want revenge and i am satisfied with how things are going. I don't want to get anybody out, that was never my goal either. They have to do it on their own and goooood luck is all i have to say. Better get tough skin and get counselors in place is all i have to say.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 04:21AM

"I am your density."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7A5xLk3hIs

Yes, you are. Please try paragraphing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 04:22AM by steve benson.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 07:04PM

steve benson Wrote:
> "I am your density."
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7A5xLk3hIs
>
>
> Yes, you are. Please try paragraphing.

OMG... thats the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:31PM

steve benson Wrote:
> "I am your density."
>
> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s7A5xLk3hIs
>
>
> Yes, you are. Please try paragraphing.

Sorry forgot this was an online english course, i will paragraph if you summarize instead of writing a novel. Plus english is not my first language, it's adamic. My worst subject has always been english. Just get to the point, i don't care for proper bullsh#t. Plus i have been recovering from surgeries since i started on this site cut me some slack.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 04:38AM

You've recently resigned from TSCC.

Maybe hold off on exiting RfM for a time until you gain more self-confidence.

Don't know how you can honestly say there aren't differences between the groups of mormons, nevermos, or exmos.

There most certainly are differences. If you mean by that you don't find that your needs are being met here as there, that is a different matter.

You still need help. RfM is not trained counselors or a psyche center. You got that right. You'll find people here of all backgrounds, different levels of experience and maturity. It's very diverse.

On the other hand, you know yourself better than anyone. If you don't feel this is helping you on your road to recovery, and is only aiding and abetting your lack of progress - then do what is right for you.

Date: February 07, 2018 06:37PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> You've recently resigned from TSCC.
>
> Maybe hold off on exiting RfM for a time until you
> gain more self-confidence.
>
> Don't know how you can honestly say there aren't
> differences between the groups of mormons,
> nevermos, or exmos.
>
> There most certainly are differences. If you mean
> by that you don't find that your needs are being
> met here as there, that is a different matter.
>
> You still need help. RfM is not trained counselors
> or a psyche center. You got that right. You'll
> find people here of all backgrounds, different
> levels of experience and maturity. It's very
> diverse.
>
> On the other hand, you know yourself better than
> anyone. If you don't feel this is helping you on
> your road to recovery, and is only aiding and
> abetting your lack of progress - then do what is
> right for you.

I am where i want to be. The site is holding me back at this point, it really is a back step, i have worked d@mn hard with my counselors. I never saw this as a community, a community is physical and is actually there for people physically. I will continue to get help but i have surpassed the site for help i really have. I just get attacked but i actually do like my position. Just a few more health things and then i am golden. No more internet for me woohoo. A free man of two more groups. The boner is gone anyways, no reason for me to be here, nobody is my age anyways. I lived alone for a long time, i'll be alright. I prefer no friends at this point.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:04PM

You have friends here, if you just stop sabotaging your friendships with people when you go on rants.

Learn how to be your own best friend instead of enemy. That way you'll win over more people by your winsome personality and if you don't you won't care what anyone else thinks about you, because their opinions won't matter as much as your own.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:45PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> You have friends here, if you just stop sabotaging
> your friendships with people when you go on rants.
>
>
> Learn how to be your own best friend instead of
> enemy. That way you'll win over more people by
> your winsome personality and if you don't you
> won't care what anyone else thinks about you,
> because their opinions won't matter as much as
> your own.

I do self sabotage and lose on purpose this is known. It's something i haven't completely overcome in counseling. If you turn everyone against you then it is much easier to walk away and never come back to. I could probably chill with boner in real life and feel comfortable and that's about it as far as friendships go. The bard recommended this site and i respect him but maybe he was paid to recommend it now that i think about it. Nobody even defends me against my attackers so there are no friends here just jump on the backs of the attackers and fit in with the group just like in mormonism. Cause no waves, it's bullsh#t but expected but like i said i do like the position i am in, maybe there is a god who the hell knows.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:52PM

No. There is an expected level of human respect that has nothing to do with religion. It's about normal human interaction. It's about being inculturated into normal human behavior. Mormonism sometimes skips this which leads to problems.

Posted by: Right ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 06:47AM

Always blaming and lumping.
Instigating. Using rhetoric. Baseless claims. Empty arguments. Senseless dogma. Self hatred masquerading and berating others.

Use your intelligence or pick on someone in real life, for nothing. Get your arse kicked up and down the street.

Go home bully.

Date: February 07, 2018 01:03PM

"Always blaming and lumping.
Instigating. Using rhetoric. Baseless claims. Empty arguments. Senseless dogma. Self hatred masquerading and berating others."

He's keeps fine tuning his ignorant behavior and he could be President.

Posted by: Reality ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 06:50AM

Then STOP being fake!

Date: February 07, 2018 09:35AM

I believe most, if not all, of Adam's inferiority complex and insecurities around other people in general, will resolve themselves when he's able to get on a stable footing financially.

What I'm hearing is the stress and anxiety talking of not having enough to get by, and nowhere he can look to for that kind of support. Mormons help only intermittently, and only if you follow all its counsel which he no longer does.

Adam is down on his luck, and groveling with whatever aid assistance there may be available for him in a pretty backward, conservative, Mormon enclave of a city.

For those without an ounce of empathy, show some compassion even if it hurts. Someday it could be you.

When things begin to stabilize for him he will perceive the world in a different light. He just needs to be patient and continue working toward his goals of getting better and stabilizing - which will include his mental outlook.

Cheerio!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:41AM

> I believe most, if not all, of Adam's inferiority complex and insecurities around other people in general, will resolve themselves when he's able to get on a stable footing financially.

The complexes and insecurities may be just what is preventing that from happening. Chicken or egg?

Date: February 07, 2018 12:25PM

When a person is down on their luck, it can seem as though the whole world is out to get them.

It's "them against me" mentality.

I'm not condoning or trying to enable Adam. Only saying a bit of empathy goes a long way on an anonymous board where we can be bullies. Or we can show we have hearts for caring.

Because RfM has both extremes. And everything in between.

That being said, Adam does have anger management issues he needs to deal with to be more effective communicating. Does he get that? It would seem so, given the amount of feedback he's received in addition to his own admission.

We're each a work in progress. No two are alike. Mileage varies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 12:26PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:17PM

AmyJo: I get what you're saying when applied in a general sense. A few thoughts though.

Thousands of people through RfM's many years have been ably helped by the information and support here. They have benefited from empathy aplenty, both for themselves and reflected from comments and assistance to others. I am often amazed at the speed, wisdom, knowledge and desire to help strangers that many posters exhibit on a repeated basis. I used to at least try to be one of them but now I'm too tired. Maybe that will improve. Life is challenging, pretty much no matter who you are or what your experiences. It's a learning process which can often be rough and leave scars. Some of the most deeply wounded people here take time and make supreme efforts to reach out to strangers they will never meet.

As for bullies, I haven't noticed that as a feature of this board. I guess it depends on your perspective.

Regarding helping a person with multiple medical and/or psychological issues, this is not the place. Even medical or psych professionals here cannot, obviously, "treat" an anonymous poster. Also, the vast body of participants here are not pros and have their own problems they're grappling with. There is a certain emotional limit to how much and in which ways one can interact, for many of us.

As a community, albeit an online one, we can provide information and discuss personal issues and solutions, we can commisserate about our shared difficult, disappointing, hurtful experiences, we can offer insights and yes, empathy for someone else's pain. But there must, by definition, be a limit. Hurting people can't themselves give out 100% of their emotional energy, especially not on an ongoing basis. And the first rule of care is to ensure one's own safety first, physically and emotionally, as far as possible in whatever circumstances.

I attended a grief group years ago. I'm not much of one for going to "therapy" or groups like that but I had lost several family members and friends and acquaintances in a very short period of time. I was so consumed by grief that my brain shut down somewhat. I had to carry a list around to remind myself who was dead and who was still alive. I felt disoriented and it scared me. I was at work one day as usual and suddenly couldn't perform, just out of the blue. Couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing. It surprised me. I was together enough to call for help to the hospital chaplain. She had to come and collect me because I couldn't find my way to her office.

Back to the grief group I subsequently found. The bereavement counsellor was wonderful. The program was gruelling though. Ten people, all newly bereaved, all discussing their loss and pain. It was brutal to try and maintain composure in the midst of people's naked wretchedness. One woman had lost her mom suddenly, just before giving birth to her first child, which intensified her grief. A man had just lost his only child in a car accident. Their pain was palpable and supreme self-control was needed by all of us just to listen, never mind try to say something useful. For the final meeting we were instructed to give a presentation about the one/s we had lost. I took photos in and spoke of my loved ones who were gone. It was supposed to be healing for ourselves and the rest of the group (via a theory I can't remember now). One lady afterwards said to me "that was too much loss" and me being me (sensitive to a fault, which is a cross to bear I can't seem to shake) I felt like I had totally screwed up and added to everybody's misery. Therapeutic for me? No. I don't even know why this memory dredged itself up for me here and now. I guess partly to say it's a challenge to interact in community at the best of times and in a "recovery" setting even more so. But I think we have a certain responsibility to think of others at least as much as we think of ourselves, to avoid being a gigantic taker and failing to give. In the most extreme circumstances we should still try to at least limit how much we expect other people to soak up our pain and provide instant solutions for us.

So, as I said in another thread, everybody hurts. And mostly it's invisible. There is no expectation that another person can or "should" help us. Any crumb of support and acknowledgement is a gift. Especially in an online forum. People are busy. People are struggling. People hurt. There is only so much emotional energy to go around. We should try to share, not be the only consumer of all the energy in a room.

Another point about a person's needs when they come to RfM is that Eric, board owner, has repeatedly stated that this board is decidedly *not* professional therapy (should be fairly obvious) and everything that a person in crisis may need cannot possibly be provided here. They shouldn't expect it and we shouldn't think we can give that.

So, there is nothing wrong with this board or its posters if a person's needs are not met here, especially when they themselves acknowledge that they need both medical and psychological intervention. This is just not the place for that level of interaction, especially on a continual basis. We are not helping someone if we even hint that they can find that here. And they are not being realistic if that is what they expect. We can call RfM a community but it's not in the same sense as real life resources and groups can be, of course.

To come here and rail against RfMers and the board in general because one's needs aren't met is not healthy for the complainer or other posters. It's counterproductive to healing as well. We have, after all, the ultimate responsibility to help ourselves. Anything that remotely helps us along our way is a bonus. However tough what we are going through is at the time, it's no excuse to denounce a resource like RfM or its participants. Eric never promised anyone a rose garden, after all. (Rose garden is a reference to an old song, that I don't even like, but it seems apt here and it just popped into my head - ewwww, hope I don't have to hear it rattling around in there all day).

It's not that most of us fail to wish someone well. It's just that many are dealing with our own pain, ya know? And we have to limit our energy output. That does not mean we don't feel for others or that we lack empathy. Likely quite the opposite.

Date: February 07, 2018 01:24PM

Thanks for that, Nighty.

In this specific case, RFM was asked to give to someone hurting. And as they tend to do here, RFM gave, and gave, and gave. At some point, after being told the giving was not enough, not right and only one or two people here were helping, it becomes clear that it really wasn't helpful to RFM or the hurting poster to keep with the status quo. And it doesn't help to not stand up and say so plainly.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 02:08PM

Many of us know what it is, to be dirt-poor. And we have shared that.

Many of us know what it is, to become disillusioned with the church, and struggle to get out. And we have shared that.

Many of us know what it is like, to go through surgery and other physical challenges. We have shared that.

A lot of empathy has been extended to you, Adam. Apparently, very little of it has been able to reach you. But we have tried.

Take care of yourself, as gently as you can.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 03:50PM

Well said too, catnip. Indeed many on RfM through the years have suffered greatly, as you outline so well.

Yeah, not many, if any, are actually wishing ill on anyone else here. But it gets old fast to be told off when the main motive is trying to be of help.

There is nothing wrong with the board if it can't help someone but too we're not saying there is something wrong with a person needing to utilize other resources first or simultaneously or after they've tried here and find it isn't what they are seeking or what they need. We have had very angry (at Mormonism) people here over the years and some or most leave but a few return and report to say they eventually gained help and perspective either here or through counselling or even just the passage of time. All are grateful for the support they found here. Even just someone saying hello, nice to "see" you is more than you can get in many other places and it's amazing how much it can help.

As I mentioned, somewhere, it sure can be lonely if you feel like nobody understands, and most or all do not and can not know exactly what it is like to be us, of course. So in that way yeah there is a secret place that can be very lonely but what may help is the realization that it's like that for most people and it's not a failing of humankind. Our own pain hurts us in ways that others don't know or get and some may even dismiss it. But the situations that catnip, for one, has outlined are common to humanity and we can relate to another's crisis as we have had some ourselves. Having others understand isn't ever going to be an exact science as nobody else is exactly like us.

But in general, we can relate to fellow humans. When my dad died suddenly and I had only minutes to say good-bye that really hurt for years. I had to step back from his bedside and let others in for their minute of farewell. I felt like I didn't get enough time, at all. It added to the anguish. Funny thing - none of my sibs felt their grief the same way as I did, we found out through talking about it a long time after. We all had different relationships with Dad and so the pain differs but pain there is, for all of us. We can relate to that reality even if we don't know exactly how each other feels, and that's the lonely place for each of us.

I figure if we accept that no-one else is going to know or understand us perfectly, especially the little corner of our innards where we are alone, then it's easier to be OK about that reality. If we expect it to be different that's heaping extra stress and pain on ourselves. And that's not the fault of others. It's just the way it works, as far as I can tell.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 09:46AM

Over time I learned that when I point my finger in blame, I have three fingers pointing right back at me. Others are simply a mirror/reflection of who I really am.

If I want life to be a joyful/happy experience, it is up to me. My responsibility. No one else can stand on their head well enough, long enough, to insure my happiness. If I expect them to, I am certain to be disappointed. My life - my responsibility.

I try not to take life too seriously. I look for things that please me even if it's only for a moment or two. As I focus on those, soon it seems, I notice other things than cause me to smile. Often I find myself laughing at myself.

Posted by: Done &. Done ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:08AM

Yes & Yes. +1

Date: February 07, 2018 10:03AM

In life, there is no difference between mormons, exmos and nevermos in the sense that you get what you give with all people.

If you are only dishing out anger, that's what you'll get back. It's not because they're old guys or because they used to be bishops.

It's a reflection of what YOU are putting out there. You keep saying everyone is older than you. I saw your videos you look grown up enough.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:48AM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> You are all the same people and you treat people
> the same.

How do you treat people, Adam?

Date: February 07, 2018 08:15PM

kathleen Wrote:
> Badassadam1 Wrote:
> -----
> > You are all the same people and you treat
> people
> > the same.
>
>
> How do you treat people, Adam?

Pretty good actually in the real world. Online the other side of my brain goes off or something. I don't get it to be honest. Some say the internet turns people into monsters, maybe there is some truth to that.

Date: February 07, 2018 09:11PM

No, the internet does not turn people into monsters.

Date: February 07, 2018 10:48PM

kathleen Wrote:
> No, the internet does not turn people into
> monsters.

Yes it does from what i have seen and experienced so far.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:51PM

Badassadam1 Wrote:
> kathleen Wrote:
> -----
> > No, the internet does not turn people into
> > monsters.
>
> Yes it does from what i have seen and experienced
> so far.

This is over-the-line not rational, Adam.

The internet does not turn people into monsters---as you well know, from all those here who have tried so hard to help you.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:02AM

Consider the common denominator in your interactions with each group that you cited. I think that would be a good place to start.

Date: February 07, 2018 11:05AM

You harangue continually about getting somebody to pay your bills, yet you’ve made mention of:

Your “new truck.”
Not wanting to “dip into your savings.”

Date: February 07, 2018 09:16PM

kathleen Wrote:
> You harangue continually about getting somebody to
> pay your bills, yet you’ve made mention of:
>
> Your “new truck.”
> Not wanting to “dip into your savings.”

I have no savings left i went through 89 grand of savings in like 4 years trying to get myself healthy and keep a roof over my head at the same time, my position right now isn't bad besides a few things, and its not a new truck its a used truck but i have paid 5 grand into it so far, i had to get it for the 4 wheel drive for the snow my other truck was not strong enough i bought it when i lived in arizona where there was no snow. I'll be alright i got someone to help me out until i recover from the neck surgery completely. It seems to have been a success but i don't want to curse myself.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:22AM

I agree with your therapist, your interactions here are toxic. Some here enable your self defeating actions by helping you deflect responsibility. Others here reinforce your self defeating actions by attacking you and helping you double down.

In the end, when someone does give you good advice, or appropriate comfort you ignore it because your behavior has already been reinforced.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 12:14PM

jacob Wrote:
> I agree with your therapist, your interactions
> here are toxic. Some here enable your self
> defeating actions by helping you deflect
> responsibility. Others here reinforce your self
> defeating actions by attacking you and helping you
> double down.
>
> In the end, when someone does give you good
> advice, or appropriate comfort you ignore it
> because your behavior has already been reinforced.

I agree with you, Jacob.
This place is not a good place for Adam, at least not right now, and for the reasons you stated.

Date: February 07, 2018 09:19PM

jacob Wrote:
> I agree with your therapist, your interactions
> here are toxic. Some here enable your self
> defeating actions by helping you deflect
> responsibility. Others here reinforce your self
> defeating actions by attacking you and helping you
> double down.
>
> In the end, when someone does give you good
> advice, or appropriate comfort you ignore it
> because your behavior has already been reinforced.

I concur its a lose lose for me on here. I really don't need the site i am pretty confident after this neck surgery and resigning from the biggest monster of an organization on the planet. If i can cut ties with the mormon church i can cut ties with any group.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 09:28PM

I don't know... we're awfully damn cute and cuddly!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:22AM

All you do is look for someone else to make your life better.

News bulletin: Your life is not going to get better until you learn to do your own heavy lifting. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start looking around and start understanding that the happy people are the ones who understand reciprocity.

Oh, and, btw, you catch more flies with honey. Still true. You also lure more humming birds with flowers and you make more squirrels happy with nuts. I could go on.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:48AM

Adam, you've been rude and disrespectful on repeated occasions, especially to people who have shown you nothing but kindness. I've seen two of your rudest posts deleted. You were rude in response to Nightingale yesterday when she took time out of her day to write a very kind, thoughtful post trying to help you.

I don't know where you get off the bus thinking that is an okay way to treat people. People on this board have cut you a lot of slack because they know you are going through a lot. But honestly, people on this board have gone through everything you're going through and more -- poverty, job loss, extreme pain, repeated surgeries, trying to live on disability or meager funds, harassment from ward members and missionaries, and oh yes, recovering from Mormonism. And they have managed to do so without being rude to their fellow board members.

I suggest that you find a board where you like the people and want to be friendly, nice, and polite to them. You obviously don't feel that way about many or most of the people on this board. There is an exmo community over on Reddit that might be more to your taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 12:00PM by summer.

Date: February 07, 2018 09:35PM

summer Wrote:
> Adam, you've been rude and disrespectful on
> repeated occasions, especially to people who have
> shown you nothing but kindness. I've seen two of
> your rudest posts deleted. You were rude in
> response to Nightingale yesterday when she took
> time out of her day to write a very kind,
> thoughtful post trying to help you.
>
> I don't know where you get off the bus thinking
> that is an okay way to treat people. People on
> this board have cut you a lot of slack because
> they know you are going through a lot. But
> honestly, people on this board have gone through
> everything you're going through and more --
> poverty, job loss, extreme pain, repeated
> surgeries, trying to live on disability or meager
> funds, harassment from ward members and
> missionaries, and oh yes, recovering from
> Mormonism. And they have managed to do so without
> being rude to their fellow board members.
>
> I suggest that you find a board where you like the
> people and want to be friendly, nice, and polite
> to them. You obviously don't feel that way about
> many or most of the people on this board. There is
> an exmo community over on Reddit that might be
> more to your taste.

I know summer i am sorry. We don't know each other and never will i have been trying to climb out of a painful hole for a good while and trying to get sh#t done as soon as possible at any body elses cost, i am at a good spot i feel right now with my efforts in the last year of figuring out and resolving a ton of health issues. i think i made it above the dirt i feel pretty normal just sitting in the mall right now around regular people. Reddit is kind of weird from when i went on it not sure if it is for me. I am pretty much recovered and severed from the mormon thing for the most part. They lost a lot of power over me when i did the resignation thing. At least in my mind they do not have the control over me that they once did. Resigning is how you beat the mormons, i just never knew it until i did it. Like i said i know i am rude but no one raised the badass and i was in a violent cult that i thought was god's church. I was never aloud to be rude, i was controlled very well and still am trying to snap out of it. I felt like an mk-ultra soldier since forever.

Date: February 07, 2018 09:53PM

Thank you for owning up to this, Adam.

Posted by: Nottelling ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 12:40PM

Adam, you are delusional, you are seeing things that aren't there, people here have not been rude to you until you are rude to them. Maybe there advise isn't right or what you want to hear, this place is not a magic bullet, it can't cure you, it is 1 part of a process, it is good to talk to like minded people, but ultimately, you have to do the work yourself. What are you expecting from these people? You say you resigned from 2 groups?, well that tells you something. You are looking for something that doesn't exist, no one can fix you, you have to do it yourself. Therapy helps, this place could help a little, if you weren't so hostile, but ultimately it is up to you.

Date: February 07, 2018 06:55PM

Nottelling Wrote:
> Adam, you are delusional, you are seeing things
> that aren't there, people here have not been rude
> to you until you are rude to them. Maybe there
> advise isn't right or what you want to hear, this
> place is not a magic bullet, it can't cure you, it
> is 1 part of a process, it is good to talk to like
> minded people, but ultimately, you have to do the
> work yourself. What are you expecting from these
> people? You say you resigned from 2 groups?, well
> that tells you something. You are looking for
> something that doesn't exist, no one can fix you,
> you have to do it yourself. Therapy helps, this
> place could help a little, if you weren't so
> hostile, but ultimately it is up to you.

I was targeted first and everyone knows this. I don't care anymore i have moved on from mormonism and then here. The boner has moved on anyways as well. There is no board without the boner at least for me. I am pleased with the progress i have made, i really am and i am not making that up. Working and making money was the easiest part of my life, but recovery is waaaay harder. I am not worried about making money in the future. My goals have been very different besides making paper for the last five years. Money never made me happy. I do want a roof over my head though while i recover from things.

Posted by: rubi123 ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 01:15PM

One thing that has helped me drastically, in many areas of life, is recognizing cognitive distortions (irrational thoughts). For example "you are all the same people" is an overgeneralization and black and white statement. Cognitive distortions cause pain and anger within ourselves. The only way (that I know) to battle cognitive distortions is to recognize them and replace them with more rational thoughts. Rational thoughts are beneficial because they are much closer to the truth of things.

I highly recommend "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" by David D. Burns, MD.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 06:27PM

If you stay here is would suggest the following things.

1. Ignore the posters who are attacking you. Do not respond to them and better yet, dont read their posts. If they arent getting a reaction from you, they will likely go away.

2. Stop trying to change the board. It wont work.We are what we are.

3. If someone is out of line, report it.

4.Look to your own behavior and dont treat other posters in a way you would like for yourself.

5. Listen to advice with an open mind. If you dont like it, ignore it.

6. Remember this is not a therapy board and we are not equipped to deal with serious emotional issues.We are just ordinary people. That is why you have a therapist.

Date: February 07, 2018 07:04PM

bona dea Wrote:
> If you stay here is would suggest the following
> things.
>
> 1. Ignore the posters who are attacking you. Do
> not respond to them and better yet, dont read
> their posts. If they arent getting a reaction
> from you, they will likely go away.
>
> 2. Stop trying to change the board. It wont
> work.We are what we are.
>
> 3. If someone is out of line, report it.
>
> 4.Look to your own behavior and dont treat other
> posters in a way you would like for yourself.
>
> 5. Listen to advice with an open mind. If you dont
> like it, ignore it.
>
> 6. Remember this is not a therapy board and we are
> not equipped to deal with serious emotional
> issues.We are just ordinary people. That is why
> you have a therapist.

I do have a therapist and a d@mn good one too, she is leaving to washington which sucks. Am i strong enough without her? She thinks so and i feel alright about it. You would have to grow with me to know why i can't ignore attackers. I didn't even know i could do things legally till yesterday i thought i just had to take their bullsh#t. But people are pretty much the same i have observed for a while haha, they all have emotions, they all do rituals of some kind whether its handshakes or brushing your teeth. They all have things they think they need to do, they all have guilty pleasures and it goes on and on. Basically i can not tell a difference it is others that make the dividing lines.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.