Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 07:26AM

Sexual orientation and gender identity are biologically determined and are unique to the individual. Politics, race, religion, etc have nothing to do with it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/lawmaker-wes-goodman-anti-lgbt-resigns-sex-man-office-caught-ohio-republican-christian-family-values-a8060631.html

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20171115/inappropriate-behavior-with-man-in-his-office-led-to-ohio-lawmakers-ouster

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2018 07:48AM by anybody.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 08:41AM

The rep is gay.
Rather than embrace who and what he is, his upbringing, religious indoctrination, and political ambitions led him to not only lie to everyone around him, but to inflict harm on other LGBT people through the law and his actions.

How unhappy this guy must have been, hiding who he is, lying to everyone, harming people just like him. And how sad that the culture around him encouraged that lying and harm. When all he had to do was be who he was, and be honest, and it all would have been OK.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 08:57AM

Could have had a far better life without self-hatred. Sad story.

Posted by: corallus ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 09:18PM

Freud called it "Reaction Formation" and while I don't agree with most of his views on human psychology, unfortunately this is one defense mechanism we see quite often.

Posted by: Atari ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:11AM

I have absolutely no sympathy for this guy. I am gay and was raised in an anti-gay community, religion, and family and yet I never persecuted or demeaned other gay people.

He is slime.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:16AM

republican manson family values.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 11:39AM

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 04:19PM

I have noticed throughout my life there just don't seem to be any straight men obsessed with gay men. All gay bashers, sooner or later, turn out to be as gay as a handbag full of rainbows.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 08:41PM

Agreed.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 08:44PM

Spencer Kimball inveighed against homosexuality and taught that masturbation would bring out gay tendencies. Then he got married (to a woman) and had a lousy marriage. . .

I'm not sure what to make of that.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 07, 2018 10:49PM

We know SWK had a "lousy marriage" how?

Date: February 08, 2018 02:59AM

A couple of reasons. First, his son's biography of SW hints at a distant relationship both emotionally and, for extended periods of time, geographically. There's almost nothing to suggest intimacy after the early years. Second, there have long been rumors that the marriage was troubled.

The evidence isn't conclusive (it rarely is in such situations) but it is consistent. And it would make sense if Kimball was not naturally comfortable with women, which I believe was the case.

Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 02:07AM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not sure what to make of that.

I do.

He masturbated. Then he had gay feelings. And so he concluded that masturbation makes boys gay. It's the same Freudian projection, time and again.

Date: February 08, 2018 02:54AM

That's the point I was trying to make.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.