Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Not logged in ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:08PM

Mormons around me all fired up about new genetic findings from elongated skulls in Peru by a guy named L.A. Marzulli. Anybody here with the credible scientific facts? SL Cabbie you all over this?

Gatorman

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 12:24PM

I don't have any scientific facts, but, he kinda lost me at UFOs and Nephilim.

http://www.lamarzulli.net/about_lynn_marzulli.htm

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 01:57PM

"He received an honorary doctorate for the series from his mentor Dr. I. D. E. Thomas, who was the Provost at Pacific International University."

Pacific International University was a no-campus, non-accredited, christian conservative diploma mill.
It is now closed (they couldn't even maintain their PO Box).

L.A. Marzulli is a nutcase conspiracy-theory young-earth-creationist with no academic credentials.

Just the kind of guy mormons looking to "prove" the BoM would love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_International_University

"LA Marzulli explained that the DNA results fit perfectly with the hypothesis he has held since before any testing was undertaken. That is that the Paracas people are the Nephilim. The Nephilim, according to ancient Biblical texts, are the offspring of the Fallen Angels and the women of earth, resulting in a hybrid entity, and they said to be based in the area of the Levant, the same place that the Paracas DNA traces to."

But of course, the DNA results aren't available to be evaluated. And the samples were taken in a plain-old room, not in clean room conditions (to avoid contamination). And nobody involved is a scientist, or uses the scientific method.

But you *can* read all about the supposed sample results (though you can't actually see the results, talk to the labs, or evaluate the samples themselves) if you buy his book for $23.99!

(how fast can you say "scam?")

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2018 02:09PM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: February 08, 2018 02:21PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.