Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 05:44PM

Utah: The Straight and Narrow Corridor
California: The Great and Spacious Corridor?
Arizona: The Real Deseret?
New York City: The Big Apple of Good and Evil?
Salt Lake City: The New Jezebelegislation

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 12, 2018 11:47PM

Utah: The Straight and Narrow Minded Corridor

Nevada: The You're not in Utah Anymore Corridor

Southeast Idaho: Are You Sure You're not still in Utah Corridor

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 01:01PM

Shinehah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Southeast Idaho: Are You Sure You're not still in
> Utah Corridor

LOL!

Southeast Idaho: The Lost Tribes of the North. They are more Mormon than all the quorums of the church combined.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 09:10AM

Southern Alberta: Holy F***? Just how far did those polygamists flee? Corridor

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 11:35AM

Wyoming: The where Utah goes to Buy Booze & Fireworks Corridor

Colorado: The Unlike Utah, we actually Love Our Public Lands Corridor

New Mexico: The We Hardly Notice that a Corner of Our State Touches Utah Corridor

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 09:49AM

Despite what its majority religion says, Utah sure don't look like no "straight and narrow corridor" (I-15 anyone?); rather, it looks like it's (mostly) a square, and the people who live there often behave like squares.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 12:18PM

Posted by: paisley70: Re: If Utah's The Straight and Narrow Corridor what does it make other places?...Just how far did those polygamists flee?
------

My great-grandfather (who married the same # of wives as did B.Y., plus one), moved to So. Arizona--to keep from being put in jail. He only took one of his wife's with him, as the others preferred to stay in SLC, which was civilized, however, their kids went back and forth.

Bragging: He couldn't read, so his red-headed wife in Arizona took care of the books--but he sure knew how to make money to build a kingdom, of sorts. For instance, as pioneers moved from the East to the West, they went through his town, and he would change horses with them, selling them fresh horses, and then putting their worn-out horses into his pastures to fatten them up to trade to the next pioneers going through town.

Many others settled in Mexico, until Poncho Via came along and stole everything he could from them, to fight his war with the then-government.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 10:22PM

I always wondered what it would be like to have 20000 relatives. Your great-grandfather had one more wife than BY? Crazy.

I know cousins marrying each other in the LDS church and giving birth to children with a webbed neck. I guess that those in your family must be doing a great deal of genealogy before falling in love.

As for me, I have no pioneer ancestors. Still, I took no chances and decided to mix my genes with a Japanese woman.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 11:32AM

Illinois: The Corridor to bankruptcy. The Mormon minority found here are sending 10% of their Illinois earned money, and their children, to Utah. Working non-Mormons want to leave Illinois for almost anywhere else. Those coming to Illinois are those without jobs who like the easy life living on abundant state aid. Recipe for disaster.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.