Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 07:06PM

Ok a annoying Mormon couple came into my job with a investigator and were loud!I heard them say we know that this church is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet!and we suffered so greatly in the past by other churches! They hated the early Mormons!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 13, 2018 07:08PM

And they kept talking about being in the Mormon tabernacle choir and blah blah blah! They were talking loudly! I just hope the guy does not join this so called church! Don't know why Mormons love to brag so much for

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 07:50PM

whatsamatterU?

Where's your threshold for HYPE???

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 07:52PM

Them as can do.
Them as can't brag!!

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 13, 2018 11:31PM

What kind of job site is it that you work? Must be in Utah someplace.

Most "normal" businesses would have shown the "annoying Mormon family" the door.

Date: February 14, 2018 06:01PM

It is in Nashville and there is a Mormon temple downtown

Posted by: slumbering ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 08:47AM

The temple in Franklin?

Date: February 19, 2018 10:03PM

Yep or downtown Nashville, I don't know where it is and don't even want to see it

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 14, 2018 04:08PM

The ARE [the] Early Mormons! Dummies. The INVESTIGATOR had better INVESTIGATE!

Could/ DID YOU say/ do anything?

M@t

Date: February 14, 2018 06:04PM

No I work in fast food and can't talk to people, I wanted to say Mormons are a cult and research everything about it and don't go in!

Date: February 14, 2018 06:16PM

Food, it is taziki Mediterranean café, this Mormon couple calms in a lot

Date: February 14, 2018 06:17PM

Early Mormons were idiots to follow a scam man like Joseph Smith or Brigham young

Posted by: really ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 07:01PM

Careful. I don't understand the Joseph Smith and Brigham Young scam thing, but I can say we all take turns being an idiot.

Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: February 14, 2018 05:09PM

What kind of job do you have!?? Retail, food service etc...!??

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 14, 2018 06:50PM

I can't imagine how this was allowed.

Date: February 19, 2018 10:06PM

Who knows but Mormons and missionaries came into fazoli one time, my old job and the missionaries said call us, and the job where I have been for 7 months I see this Mormon couple a lot, they better not start bringing missionaries in!

Date: February 23, 2018 07:19PM

Oh, for pity's sake! Just tell them "no thank you" "I'd rather not" "Please don't bother me at my employment" "I was kidnapped by aliens a couple years ago and they told me to stay away from you," I mean it's no big deal. There are some idiots wearing missionary name tags, but for the most part they are helpful,polite, good people giving two years of volunteer service to try and make things better for people. Most people do not convert and yet they still help and serve them. Use all this good energy to bash a real community problem--like graffiti, litter, parks and recreation for youth, coaching youth sports and teaching sportsmanship, meals on wheels, or serving in your own church?

Date: February 23, 2018 07:08PM

Not allow someone nicely dressed, talking with a friend in good language, good table manners, and polite to eat there? I Don't get it, but I know that other groups are a lot more bothersome to me. For instance, loud, profane, half-naked teenagers; people loudly disrespecting other groups;kids throwing stuff or stealing stuff or threatening stuff. But, whatever floats your boat. I like to whine and complain as much as anybody, but this hardly seems worth the effort with all the problems everywhere in the country and the world.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 09:01AM

Laughing in their face seems to change their confidence.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 09:39AM

Date: February 23, 2018 06:58PM

Were they rude, outside of loudness? Did they do anything to hurt anyone? Did they tie anyone up and force-baptize them? Are they allowed to be excited about their faith? Are they allowed to eat and talk in public? Did they disparage any other religion? Did they say snarky things about you or anyone else there or even not? What's the problem outside of your own personal preference? Why can't we live and let live? Everyone is allowed to make their own choices and live for themselves. That being said, what's the problem here? Did they threaten anyone, did they belch or fart, did they profane or make fun of anyone? Do they ever? Everyone is in this thing together, whether we believe the same or not. We can afford a little tolerance. If we can't work together how are we going to ever be united as a country, etc. Mostly Mormon mistakes are of less than perfect individuals, but they are simply just trying to do their best. Do your thing, and let them do their's. We all need a little forbearance.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 10:13AM

You live a crazy life crazyhorse and i like it. The badass approves. Kind of sounds like my story of the missionaries in chipotle sitting next to me with two investigators and their conversation pissing me off.

Date: February 19, 2018 10:07PM

Yep and you get sick of it and want to say you are a cult and i don't want to here your conversation! Be quiet!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 08:45PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep and you get sick of it and want to say you are
> a cult and i don't want to here your conversation!
> Be quiet!

Yep, can't go anywhere in this town without hearing their nonsense.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 11:40PM

If it were me, and I was a fellow customer, I would definitely fake cough and say "it's a cult". Every 3 minutes until they moved or talked in a lower tone.
I am glad I read this thread, as I am prepared for loud morons now.

Date: February 23, 2018 06:45PM

A lot of people annoy me. Why pick on Mormons?

Date: February 23, 2018 07:45PM

Well because they brag all the time and were so loud! Like didn't care people heard them or not, they don't respect us when missionaries knock on our door, I love the nice missionaries but not the pushy you must be baptized now missionaries!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.