Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: February 14, 2018 06:05PM

I saw this obituary in the Deseret News, here in SLC. Normally I'd get my obit fix from the Tribune but I'm not going to sign up to pay for it monthly. It's probably worth just for
Robert Kirbys columns but I can only afford so many things.

Anyway, this obituary is for Alexander B. Morrison, an emeritus GA since 2000.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=alexander-b-morrison&pid=188170004

Sometime in the early 90s, probably the last time I went to stake conference was around that time. This guy spoke and I remember being impressed with his talk; no clue of what he talked about but he seemed a little more down to earth than many of the GA's.

My wife at the time (now ex) knew how I didn't like Stake Conf and she said something to the order "See, they're not always bad"....she never liked them much either.

According to his church assignments listed, it doesn't sound like he would have assigned to a Stake Conf in Midvale, Utah but I'm not sure how that is done.

I think the reason I remember him is that our bishop at the time had the same last name and he made a point of joking with us, that he was related to the GA, in a meeting the next week. The difference between them is that I know the bishop was an asshole and I don't think the GA was.

Anyway, condolences to his family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 06:47PM by memikeyounot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 14, 2018 10:31PM

Guess who got the short end of that stick? (As in stuck w/the bishop.)

Battling Parkinson's wouldn't be easy at any age. Poor guy.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 11:00AM

He left quite a distinguished legacy in his wake.

Too bad he didn't figure out the fraud in his lifetime, considering his otherwise immense accomplishments.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900010306/elder-alexander-b-morrison-renowned-scientist-and-lds-emeritus-general-authority-dies-at-age-87.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.