Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: terranmaner ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:13PM

Any former mormon out there remember being taught JS was descended from Jesus himself. Here is an interesting article.

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=4966134&itype=NGPSID

Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:18PM

Oh yeah. Have they stopped teaching that?

Date: February 15, 2018 06:35PM

I am not sure if they still teach it if it is most members do not know about it

Posted by: Dick Cancer ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 01:14PM

The founder of the Kingston Clan died of dick cancer. Maybe there is a god.

https://images.findagrave.com/photos/2009/280/37543461_125502272603.jpg

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:18PM

This is a central premise of the Kingston Clan, who--being the literal descendants of Christ--only marry within their families, "to keep the bloodline pure." :( Result: a lot of babies who die or suffer from birth defects.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:20AM

Or aborted, or killed and buried in the cemetery for being retarded or not up to snuff.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 06:44PM

I thought they sent the retarded ones up the line.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:46PM

Jesus' loves all God's children. Including Joey Smith, sinner extraordinaire.

Joey, the great deceiver who deceived millions with his phony baloney, even he is subject to Godly mercy and pity.

Or judgment. He had his 'day of judgment' by a jury of his peers with the vigilante jury who lynched him for his crimes against society.

He also - like us all - will be subject to the judgment of God - which we all will face when our lives are through. That's what I believe.

Was he descended from Jesus? No more than you or me. He was a professional liar that man. If he descended from Jesus he'd be of Jewish descent. There is nothing to suggest that in his family history. Nor does anyone know whether Jesus had a family. It is reasonable to assume that he did, given that all his apostles and disciples tended to be married and had families. Their wives and children are not mentioned in scripture but rarely.

Very possible Jesus had a wife and children as an itinerant preacher. We just don't know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 06:49PM by Amyjo.

Date: February 17, 2018 06:49PM

At the risk of sounding Irish, no true Jew would bring that disgrace upon his family. Oy, how’d I do?

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 09:58AM

I find a belief in hell to be very useful.

Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 07:24PM

Sermon by Heber C. Kimball, Journal of Discourses, Vol. 4, p. 248, Salt Lake City, (March 1, 1857)

'...Did you actually know Joseph Smith? No. Do you know brother Brigham? No. Do you know brother Heber? No, you do not. Do you know the Twelve? You do not, if you did, you would begin to know God, and learn that those men who are chosen to direct and counsel you are near kindred to God and to Jesus Christ, for the keys, power, and authority of the kingdom of God are in that lineage...'

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 01:38AM

So in the Mormon imagination, I'm a blood relative of Jesus? Awesome!

The power of Gramps compels you!

In the name of Grandpa, amen.

I baptize you in the name of Gramps, and Pops, and that one spooky guy. Amen.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 08:29PM

It was common knowledge when I was younger. Absolute truth.

Except when it wasn't...

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 09:04PM

Joe must have thought he was extra special, having direct Kolobian ancestry through God's intercourse with Mary. Turns out he wasn't immune to bullets or a fall from a window.

Date: February 16, 2018 11:21AM

Couldn't of happened to a better fraudster at the time.

Date: February 17, 2018 06:54PM

Discernment is easier when what you’re discerning is bullets flying at your face.

Posted by: Witless Protection ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 09:11PM

And Julius Caesar said that his grandmother was Venus.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 01:56AM

Actually Venus was not Caesar's grandmother but the mother of the Trojan hero,Aeneas and a mortal man.
Aeneas left Troy when the Greeks burned it and settled in Italy where he became the ancestor of the Romans generally and the Julian clan specifcally. She was an ancient ancestor,but not a grandmother

Posted by: Jesus of Orem ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 10:02PM

"I will first set in order before these relations how the families hereafter will be organized. You have heard Joseph say that the people did not know him; he had his eyes on the relation to blood-relations. Some have supposed that he meant spirit, but it was the blood-relation. This is it that he referred to. His descent from Joseph that was sold into Egypt was direct, and the blood was pure in him. That is why the Lord chose him; and we are pure when this blood-strain from Ephraim comes down pure. The decrees of the Almighty will be exalted — that blood which was in him was pure and he had the sole right and lawful power, as he was the legal heir to the blood that has been on the earth and has come down through a pure lineage. The union of various ancestors kept that blood pure."

— Brigham Young, on Jan. 8, 1845, quoted in the "Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine," Vol. 11 (1920), pp. 107-08.

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.$b630932;view=1up;seq=135

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 09:32AM

Old Brigham was sure obsessed with "blood" issues, wasn't he?
One drop of "black" blood, and no priesthood.
"Pure" bloodlines.
Blood atonement.

Bloody hell.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 06:58PM

Excuse me Mr Brigham...

Joseph married an Egyptian priests daughter. So Ephraim was half Israelite, and half Egyptian. (Whoever the Egyptians were at that time)

Date: February 15, 2018 10:05PM

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 10:39PM

My friend brags about his daughter's patriarchal blessing. It says that she is a descendant of Jesus Christ. Go figure. It's an ego boost for him and his wife to speculate which one of them have Christ's bloodline.

Jesus was a man after all. And Mary Magdalene was hot!

Date: February 15, 2018 11:37PM

That's quite a diversion for patriarchal blessings. Typically they only say what tribe you come from, usually Manassah or Ephraim.

LOL. Can't get any closer to the jeezus line than Jesus himself.

If JC actually had a wife and children it would make sense there'd be descendants. Not based on a spiritual DNA like Mormonism spins it. No way of knowing as to physical descendants since there isn't any DNA known of his to exist.

Date: February 16, 2018 11:23AM

Jesus fucked a woman? Show me in the bible where that is true.

;)

Date: February 17, 2018 07:01PM

Are you kidding me? It runs in the family. Mother Mary was so hot even God himself couldn’t keep it in his pants.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 09:13PM

LOL. So, according to God's example, we should be chasing 16-year-old virgin girls? I think JS took this lesson to heart.

Date: February 16, 2018 10:30AM

another interesting fact about their teachings

Orson Hyde taught that the early Mormons were descended from Christ:

It will be borne in mind that once on a time, there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and . . . it will be discovered that no less a person than Jesus Christ was married on that occasion. . . . Did he multiply, and did he see his seed? Did he honour his Father's law by complying with it, or did he not? . . .

At this doctrine the long-faced hypocrite and the sanctimonious bigot will probably cry, blasphemy! . . . How much soever of holy horror this doctrine may excite in persons not impregnated with the blood of Christ, and whose minds are consequently dark and benighted, it may excite still more when they are told that if none of the natural blood of Christ flows in their veins, they are not the chosen or elect of God. Object not, therefore, too strongly against the marriage of Christ, . . .

Is there no way provided for those to come into this covenant relation who may not possess, in their veins, any of the blood of Abraham or of Christ? Yes! By doing the works of Abraham and of Christ . . . (Journal of Discourses, vol. 4, pp. 259-260; see also vol. 2, pp. 80-82; The Seer, by Orson Pratt, 1853, pp. 172, 178)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 10:31AM by terranmaner.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 12:35PM

Book really twists the footnotes (I read everyone.)

Date: February 17, 2018 07:06PM

Reading footnotes is a dangerous practice. It could lead to apostasy.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 12:39PM

Joseph smith claimed to be descended from Jesus?

Sure, why not?

He also played better baseball than Babe Ruth, wrote better music than Beethoven, and invented more stuff than Thomas Edison, but he was so humble about it...

Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 03:43PM

Brother Joseph was also a superb writer, historian, linguıst and theologian. as well as being a serial liar and prodigous polygamist...nearly forgot them.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 09:46AM

In plyg circles it's taught that all the great jokers of moism are the same bloodline...have to be to have the big key ring and the trucker wallet chain...what I've observed they don't have much to brag about...Kingston's for instance...really guys??...then you thrw in a few pencil necks like JFS...poor excuse for a
Pot scrubber....IMO this explains why nepotism seems rampant and family dynasties a thing...throw in a huge dose of entitlement and you have oaks and packer...so special...tender mercies...if memory serves they go back to Charlemagne as do many of the pot uses...yup it's a conspiracy dun dun dun

Date: February 17, 2018 07:12PM

Joe was born into the con game, but Brigham brought it to a whole new level. I could see him dealing with the old crowd.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 06:27PM

Aren't we all children of God?

Date: February 17, 2018 07:15PM

Yes, but you don’t get to fuck your kids.

Posted by: kmw ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:01AM

I remember learning at church sometime in the 1970s or 1980s that Jesus was married, probably to Mary Magdalene, but I don't remember hearing anything about a belief that the union produced children. I don't remember hearing anything about JS Jr supposedly being a direct descendant either.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:51AM

from Jesus. . .or maybe it was Peter and James. I'm old and I get all those guys confused.

I too was taught that Jesus was undoubtedly married, because he held the priesthood, and you had to be married to hold the p'hood. Joey said so.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.