Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:26PM

Un-f*cking-ba-leive-a-ble

I think they should reveal the name of the bishop and SP. (MormonLeaks does reveal his name if one follows the links)

WOW.

I hope her story is picked up and goes national on the heals of Porter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 11:39PM by angela.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 08:52PM

Technically it was for insubordination. I love how their being out of touch causes these massive PR failures. They can’t imagine how putting uppity women in their place could be construed as anything but good and noble. But to walk straight into the hot end of a war zone, that’s something else.

Date: February 16, 2018 11:32PM

What a condescending ass he is...

This is why untrained clergy that the LDS have is a very bad thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2018 11:37PM by angela.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:38PM

I think the SP is a nitwit. No wonder the church is terrified of all the secret recordings of their asshats.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 11:38PM

A woman in my parents' ward--and she was there when I was growing up, left her husband after all her kids were raised. She even had one who had died of a brain tumor. That was bad enough. We all thought her husband was a nice guy, friendly, outgoing, etc., nice looking. Come to find out, he had been cheating on her all through their marriage. She had forgiven him a few times and stayed with him. He had been in a bishopric during one of the affairs.

When her last child was in high school, she found out he was cheating again, so she left him after that child graduated. The bishop and SP wouldn't give her a TR because she wouldn't forgive her husband AGAIN. That went on for years. I know the men who did it.

She moved into a different stake and the bishop called her in and handed her a signed recommend from the SP and him. He told her how sorry he was that these other men had treated her so poorly. Sadly, she is still mormon.

Posted by: ProvoX ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 12:39AM

They did her a favour...

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 01:44AM

One thing the church won't tolerate is individuality, nor your normal human need for fairness when fairness challenges their assumption of their own authority over you. That is why the church leaders and members dismiss people as just being offended, when the person leaves the church. Like "offended" is not a valid reason, so the person who is leaving the church is considered to be wrong, and the church justified in how they treated you.

If this woman needed to talk, she should be allowed to talk to anyone and everyone she wanted to talk to. There is no church docterine against sharing correct information and personal feelings about your own life. She should suit the church to get her recommend back, and then afterward resign her membership after she has it back. Any amount of mud she can drag the church through along the way, is all the better.

Posted by: GNPE1t46y ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 03:19AM

Was this regarding conduct at church property?

At the same time, we should be mindful of others who might not want to listen, but worship without hearing personal rants...

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 04:36AM

That may be true, but it is none of the bishop's business. He has no role policing the woman's interactions with others.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 06:46AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyton_Place_(novel)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 06:48AM by anybody.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 08:13AM

The True Face of The So-Called Church! How very totalitarian! The spirit (and smell;-) of Brigham Young remains lively in the Mormon church.

One thing I'm not sure of, though:

"Emotional affair"? Does that mean that her husband and the unpunished woman involved were plotting but had not yet done the deed?

Anyone have an idea?

Tom in Paris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 01:20PM by Soft Machine.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:40AM

Been there, been through that. It's hell.

Years later, I would hear from my son that his alcoholic stepmother told him, while bombed out of her mind, how she and son's father were "doing the deed" (only she put it much more crudely, which was totally in character) before he and I were divorced.

But they had been emotionally involved long before that.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 09:02AM

When you put the judgment of "worthiness" along with a temple recommend in the hands of fallible human beings, stories like this are bound to happen.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 09:32AM

"“Disagree with me all you want, but to not follow council direction from your priesthood leaders there's a name for that that' called apostasy,” the stake president said."

So each and every stake president, bishop high council member, is a god on their own??? stating what is and isn't apostasy, based on DISAGREEING with them?

Someone should ask Romney about this on the campaign trail..

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 12:02PM

Those of you with Facebook TBM 'friends' ought to feature this story prominantly, with your appropriate comments. This will double benefits:

1. it may shake up some TBMs and get them thinking about the role the church plays in their lives

and

2. it may result in some 'unfriendings', and that's always good for a giggle.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 12:20PM

I say:

the SP was correct to control her (anyone's) conduct on church property, BUT NOT OTHERWISE OTHERWHERE

Date: February 17, 2018 12:35PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say:
>
> the SP was correct to control her (anyone's)
> conduct on church property, BUT NOT OTHERWISE
> OTHERWHERE

Do you think using her worthiness to hold a TR is the right way to leverage her?

Date: February 17, 2018 12:39PM

I could go either way on that.

Consideration for others is very important!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 01:50PM

I don't think he has any right to control her conduct if she's not disrupting church services or lessons. Other people get to talk privately to their friends while attending church. He just didn't like the topic of her conversation.

My guess is that he's covering for a man that he considers to be a friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 01:51PM by summer.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 05:33PM

My guess is that she was disrupting, but not in the way that you and I would find offensive. Her fight against a patriarchy that would silence her and not others was probably very disruptive to the stake president.

Date: February 17, 2018 02:59PM

I haven't seen whether or not referring to conduct at church or not;
We all know it's a scam / con anyway!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 05:01PM

It says she was speaking to other members. Whether at church or from home, apparently those other members were ratting her out, or someone was eavesdropping. (Spies in the belfries!)

Her need for venting and sharing mattered not to the priesthood quacks who make up the clergy there. They have no special training to handle marriage discord. They threw her under the bus and drove over her.

It really is a travesty for a church, bar none.

Date: February 17, 2018 05:45PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> It says she was speaking to other members. Whether
> at church or from home, apparently those other
> members were ratting her out, or someone was
> eavesdropping. (Spies in the belfries!)
>
> Her need for venting and sharing mattered not to
> the priesthood quacks who make up the clergy
> there. They have no special training to handle
> marriage discord. They threw her under the bus and
> drove over her.
>
> It really is a travesty for a church, bar none.

(+10)

Date: February 17, 2018 04:58PM

The cult is successful on many fronts it seems in driving away its members.

When she needed extra support, it ripped it from her.

That's the Mormon way for you. She didn't listen to the male patriarchal authority dictating to her her every move, action, thoughts, or words. Heaven forbid she thought for herself.

I wish her only health, happiness, and sustenance going forward. She deserves as much.

Posted by: tikbalang ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 06:17PM

Hey it's all part of ole joes teaching.....where in the D&C he wrote that a person that will not forgive has committed the greater sin....so no matter what someone does....forgiveness is a greater sin....so all those cheating people, if their spouse won't forgive them...according to Mormon doctrine have committed a greater sin by not forgiving them........just saying it all fits into their little world.

Date: February 17, 2018 06:38PM

One of the last congregations I was in there was nothing that was secret or sacred.

The bishop disclosed whatever was spoken to him in secret to wagging tongues outside of his bishop's office. There was no clergy confidentiality practiced other than when it suited the bishopric.

It wasn't to serve the members. They turn on their own like a pack of rabid dogs when it suits them.

There is no loyalty or confidentiality among them. A group of pariahs. That was what I saw up close. It wasn't only the priesthood holders. The women were as bad as the men are.

Glad to be free of that god awful atmosphere for me and my household. It was like a cankersore. Nasty people who have no business being in the clergy of any church. But there they are, as volunteers for a cult because that's all the church aka cult can find to fill those positions. Some of them are total creeps you wouldn't trust for a neighbor, family member, or a clergy. They have no business minding anyone else's business but their own. That has got to be one of the absolute greatest deceptions of the Mormon cult. Trust us, it says. They're not only kidding; they are outright lying through their teeth.

Posted by: verdacht ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 09:32PM

Wasn't she the one who decided to share her story? She mentioned the "telephone game" and wondered why her story changed. Really?

She doesn't know the meaning of gossip, as she claimed.

Telling people about personal problems would have had the same results anywhere.

I can understand her wanting to share her problems but when things started to backfire she should have stopped.

Got to side with SP on this one.

Posted by: BAIIPLUS ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 05:45AM

I couldn't disagree more. The consequences as you call them are a punitive measure meant to stop her action in an attempt to protect the man and other woman. Those consequences aren't part of the normal social karma that would occur from unwarranted gossip.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 08:51PM

Priesthood leader used the excuse that an emotional affair isn't the same as having sex and tried to silence her.

Let me see, where have I heard this kind of thing before? Oh that's right, the excuse that Joseph Smith never had sex with those other men's wives and a printing press got destroyed.

Posted by: BAIIPLUS ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 05:42AM

What I find amazing is the fact that the SP is so concerned with keeping the details of the emotional affair secret from the congregation. The man and the other woman are going about their business in church with the expectation that what they did will be kept private when the offended party is sitting in the same building.

Sorry, this is a natural consequence of your action. Have the decency to leave the ward at least. Jesus!

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 01:35PM

My take on the whole thing: The woman was wronged by other women in the ward, and had she been a member of another Protestant religion she'd probably just attend another congregation of the same church or another similar Protestant faith. Instead, because of the LDS Inc control she can't switch wards and she's forced to interact with them on a regular basis and its not healthy for anyone.

Date: February 19, 2018 01:02AM

If only there was 'true' confidentiality in churches, but it's a (cruel) joke in Morland...

just sayin'

Posted by: fluhist not logged in ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 01:20AM

Oh how this brought back some horrible feelings and memories. I was 29 years old, already the mother of several children and in the early stages of expecting another one when my dear darling (note sarcasm) Temple married RM husband confessed to several adulteries. He went and told the Bishop and a 'court of love' was held. I was there for the final part in which they decided to place him on probabation only as he had repented (he was good a 'being sorry' for a short time) and his priesthood was needed in the home with so many children and me pregnant. I was aghast. He had slept with SEVERAL women and basically NOTHING happened. A few months later they gave him back his full membership.

Meantime I was told not to talk to anyone about it all. So here I was, 3 months pregnant, sicker than a dog, and shocked out of my tree by my husband's actions and NO ONE to talk to. His family would not have beleived me, even if I had told them, and my mother was fighting cancer in another country, I was in no position to tell her. I never did, she died not knowing what I had been through.

I was pale, distraught and 'out of it' for several months. I sort of stared into space a lot, and didn't smile, I remember it as a blur. EVERYONE knew there was something wrong (except my family who were far away) but if they asked I would pass it off.

It was one of the cruelest things that was ever done to me (other than by my ex-husband) and done by the members (the preisthood holders no less) of tscc I loved. I will never forget it.

NOT nice memories. My husband later returned to his multiply adulterous ways, and I was left in shock again. That sort of betrayal by him and tscc reaches to the very soul of a person. It doesn't go away, no matter how you attempt to forgive, and trust of another man, for me, was well nigh impossible.

But had I been at all inclined (whcih I wasn't) I wouldn't have hesitated to sleep with someone (I told my husband I was owed SEVERAL dalliances) because if that is all tscc did, what was the problem? BUt I'll bet you SO much that if I had done it, I would have been exed. After all I am a woman and a mother, I should know better. RIGHT??????

Date: February 19, 2018 01:44AM

'the Truth is no longer hidden, people are hiding from the Truth'

We're all sorry for You, AND that this is (apparently) so usual in tscc.

The 9story is sad for you, and sorry for everyone everywhere it happens.

the CULTure of the lds is Nothing Short of COMPLICIT in these stories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 01:45AM by GNPE.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 11:20PM

fluhist not logged in Wrote:
> BUt I'll bet you SO much that if I had
> done it, I would have been exed. After all I am a
> woman and a mother, I should know better.
> RIGHT??????

Yep.

:-( I'm so sorry, fluhist. What a horrific experience to endure. That kind of betrayal...no words.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 03:58PM

When horrible things happen to people most of them need to talk it out.

If church leaders were bothered by this they should have provided her with free counseling.
If regular members were bothered by it they could have just walked away.

Most likely,though, leaders did not want her shining a light on problems in the ward and the other woman.
We all know how they like to sweep everything under the rug.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 11:46AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h9CA6xV5Ck&lc=UgzyMwtAqbxvwoH6xuZ4AaABAg.8cu4_l7sP1f8cuKT_Kf3SZ

Here is one reply from a TBM

"This is terrible, to lose your chance to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father for all eternity because you wanted to talk to and find comfort with your friends, its so very wrong, its spiritual punishment from the people you trust the progression of your soul with. This may be a cultural thing (bad stake president) but it does reflect on the church as a whole. Where is the punishment for the stake president that did this to her? Why isn't the church doing anything about that? This is crossing the line."

Date: February 21, 2018 08:40PM

How Christlike.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 11:54AM

Mormonism operates like a dysfunctional family - don't tell outsiders, don't complain, don't feel.

Stupid cult.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 10:20AM

I guess she forgot to keep sweet.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 22, 2018 11:06AM

The SP has been identified as Russell Clayton on this web site:

https://outsidethebookofmormonbelt.com/2018/02/17/the-pedestal-and-ecclesiastical-abuse/

Date: February 22, 2018 09:55PM

+1

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.