Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous 2 ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 01:25PM

which would they take!?? Family and their health are interchangeable. Since they are often together in today's world.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 01:36PM

"If TBM's had a choice between the morg, their family and their health"?

Tithing. Always.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 02:04PM

Tithing would always come first, or leaving everything in their wills to the Morg Collective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2018 02:05PM by doyle18.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 17, 2018 02:30PM

Health would come last i promise you that.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 06:32PM

The Morg comes first.

I was treated as such, as church organist. I was late one Sunday, and someone had to play the piano, as a substitute. I agonized over this, and was severely reprimanded. No one cared about my reason for being late. Now, I think: "Big, fat deal--so what if the sanctimonious fools had to have a piano play their stupid durges. Any high school student can play them."

My reason for being late, is that a dear friend, a who was a neighbor, and a member our ward, called me as I was leaving for church, saying that she was going to kill herself. I didn't give out her name, but no one thought that was a good reason to be late!

Family is only to grow more future tithe-payers and cult slaves. No one cared if there was a family emergency, my kids were sick, or fresh out of surgery, etc. I was scolded, and forced to find substitutes. Looking back, teaching in SS was so unimportant! There were only 4-6 kids in my classes, over the years, and it would have been very easy to combine with another 4-6 student class, or have a discussion group, or have a student give the lesson, etc.

When my husband went inactive, the bishop said it was OK to divorce him, as we weren't temple married, and my previous temple marriage (to a violent wife-beater) would hold, and would seal my children to me. I hadn't even considered a divorce! Sure enough, my inactive husband led the rest of us into inactivity within 10 months.

Mormons believe that there isn't enough love to go around. In order for the Morg to come first, everything else must be LESS important--someone's life, health, children, spouse, happiness, freedom--literally everything!

That's what makes it a cult.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 06:39PM

My friend did not kill herself. I called a doctor friend, and we realized that she was having a post-operative drug reaction to painkillers, but she desperately needed someone to be with her for several hours, to talk her down. She has been fine, ever since, but she won't ever take that drug again.

I think that experience with the ward's reaction, was the first serious indication that the Mormon church was not what it pretended to be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.