Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 01:50AM

Someone unceremoniously branded you a troll on a thread recently removed by admin, that was deleted I presume for being scripted by a mopologist.

Just wanted to say that anyone who really reads your posts, knows you are no troll.

If someone makes false assertions like that in the future, report the post. It violates forum posting rules.

Have a nice day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 01:54AM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone unceremoniously branded you a troll on a
> thread recently removed by admin, that was deleted
> I presume for being scripted by a mopologist.
>
> Just wanted to say that anyone who really reads
> your posts, knows you are no troll.
>
> If someone makes false assertions like that in the
> future, report the post. It violates forum posting
> rules.
>
> Have a nice day.

I agree with Amyjo, painting.

Everyone here knows that you are not a troll...and we care about you.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:33AM

I missed that. Wonder if there is a way to permanently block him and other obnoxious us troll types

Date: February 18, 2018 02:54AM

That is one of the conundrums of the online recovery forum experience I suppose. Certain IP addresses may be blocked, but a troll will resort to other computers and IP addresses to strike again.

Mopologists possibly don't see themselves as a problem. To them we are lol. They need their own recovery forum apart from recovering ex-Mormons. Seems they have some coping issues of their own, poor babies.

;-)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 03:01AM

Yes. ConcernedCitizen2.0's post about Tevai's "progenitors" is still up. It is vile.

I would imagine it would be a simple matter to ban his IP address but I don't know much about computers or about the moderators' thinking on the matter.

The racism, however, wasn't the unintentional and naive stuff that sometimes crops up here. It was overt, using in one case the word "supremacy" as well as a lot of other vile things. God's will, you see, racism.

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:58AM

Sheesh. Got the opportunity to feel rejection, note it ached, wonder if this represented a large griup or one person, be brave, and ask but not belittle . And then I observed an urgent need to draw or paint, so walked to my crowded kitchen s handy table easle by tge refrugeerator
Door which had proppe with in process line quick sketch drawing set upon it. Gasping a need to create lifes joy my hand reached for a B4 softness graphite , I guess I Had to detach from that moment and kept let it represent one person now, not countless others in a mirror across time, and draw in the lines graphire in hand hold the line one line at a time on the paper. I stepped away from the forum and prepared to paint.sketched on drawing added details and altered perspective on an 18x24 sketch of my husband and our cat ...taken from a candid photograph. No color painted in yet. May never add the paint just worked in the graphite
Painting in the win has to start somewhere, sometime, one line at a time. I AM SO GRATEFUL

Thank you for informing me.

Date: February 18, 2018 03:01AM

XOXOXO,

:)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 03:03AM

I apologize if I offended you. The rightful target of my ire was the ConcernedLurker/ConcernedCitizen2.0/Truthseeker1/Vigilant who has been spouting bigotry in recent days.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 07:25PM

Paintinginthewin, you are one of my favorite posters! It would have been awful, if one stupid mopologist caused you to not want to post here! We value you!

I guess it's just part of the Mormon SOP shunning. It does hurt, unless one remembers that we wouldn't want the shunners as friends, in the first place.

I paid my psychiatrist big bucks for this advice about Mormons who are mean and nasty, and I'm giving it to you for free:

"To H-ll with those people!"

Date: February 18, 2018 07:31PM

Right?!

I had a therapist tell me when I was much younger going through growing pains with the cult before I knew it was a cult.

She told me TSCC is a dysfunctional church. That was the first time anyone had described it that way to me. But it made so much sense.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 07:53PM

Amyjo Wrote:
>
>
> She told me TSCC is a dysfunctional church. That
> was the first time anyone had described it that
> way to me. But it made so much sense.

Amy, did she gives you specifics as to why it's dysfunctional? I would love to know what specifics she said as a professional. :)

Thanks

Date: February 18, 2018 08:25PM

She decided it was dysfunctional based on my sessions with her going over the horrendous things going on where my children and I attended.

It was one of the worst times of my life attending where we were. They made our lives a living hell. Maybe because I was a single mom? I was ostracized for being from Idaho, and a multi-generational Mormon. The married men found me attractive at church and that drove the married women up the wall, because I was there without a husband every single Sunday.

My children were persecuted and so was I because I worked instead of being a SAHM. I was going through a divorce. They were merciless.

Churches aren't supposed to be that way. And there I was, a lifer with the life being sucked out of me. I knew it was wrong. I just hadn't woken up to being inside a cult yet. But I did, eventually. In time to get my children out of there before they reached maturity. Not in time for the cult to do permanent damage to at least one of them.

I hold myself responsible for some of that fallout. I'm also thankful I was able to wake up and realize I'd been brainwashed and indoctrinated by a cult, not a church during my formative years. What a mind trip that was to have to undo.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 04:41AM

Amyjo Wrote:
> She decided it was dysfunctional based on my
> sessions with her going over the horrendous things
> going on where my children and I attended.
>
> It was one of the worst times of my life attending
> where we were. They made our lives a living hell.
> Maybe because I was a single mom? I was ostracized
> for being from Idaho, and a multi-generational
> Mormon. The married men found me attractive at
> church and that drove the married women up the
> wall, because I was there without a husband every
> single Sunday.
>
> My children were persecuted and so was I because I
> worked instead of being a SAHM. I was going
> through a divorce. They were merciless.
>
> Churches aren't supposed to be that way. And there
> I was, a lifer with the life being sucked out of
> me. I knew it was wrong. I just hadn't woken up to
> being inside a cult yet. But I did, eventually. In
> time to get my children out of there before they
> reached maturity. Not in time for the cult to do
> permanent damage to at least one of them.
>
> I hold myself responsible for some of that
> fallout. I'm also thankful I was able to wake up
> and realize I'd been brainwashed and indoctrinated
> by a cult, not a church during my formative years.
> What a mind trip that was to have to undo.

Thanks! I so understand that whole "mind trip that was to have to undo".

For me, it took years to 1)identify the "mormon thinking pattern" then 2) alter it.

Date: February 19, 2018 08:17AM

Thanks for sharing.

One other thing came to mind. Another NYC therapist from my NYC days told me this: that her experience with Mormons was they tend to be militaristic. Think only in terms of black and white. And are very resistant to therapy - especially behavioral cognitive therapy.

Truth be told there weren't any Mormons I worshiped with that were out in the open if or whether they were in therapy. It was a tabboo subject for the most diehard Mormons, to admit they might need any help such as counseling provides.

She did concur with the first therapist, that the Mormon church is indeed a dysfunctional one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 08:19AM by Amyjo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.