Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:16PM

I had my suspicions about how Porter got his job and who likely recommended him. I mean, he's Mormon.

So, since he was Hatch's aid, how much did Hatch know about him? Was there no background check for him when he worked for Hatch? Would the Mormon underground gossip have worked its way up to Hatch to protect the church from embarrassment? Did Porter's family $$$$ support Hatch?

So apparently Hatch's initial reaction to the allegations against Porter was to defend him. Now he is apologizing to the battered wives since he got caught being a pig.

I don't buy it that Hatch would not know the status of Porter's background check when Porter worked for Hatch. NOW he decides to apologize?

I didn't think I could think less of Hatch (Mr. Take the Money and Run), but if he knew and recommended Porter for White House Aid, shame on him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/porters-ex-wives-receive-apology-letter-from-hatch/ar-BBJhZR7

(Apologies if this was already discussed.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:30PM

Birds of a Feather...

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 02:59PM

Bingo. He also worked for Mike Lee. I'm sure they heard the rumors, they just ignored it. It's only women, so who cares in mormondom.

Date: February 18, 2018 03:06PM

They (Lee and Hatch) would have HAD to know the status of their background check on Porter.

To me, this smells like knowing about a crime and not acting. Every person who knew should have been waving flags as this guy got promoted to higher and higher Aid positions all the way to the top. I think they knew and thought they could do the Good Old Boy network and $$$/power swap.

Date: February 18, 2018 03:53PM

Keep in mind that these hypocrites swore a blood oath in a temple to put their church and their "brothers" above all else. The American constitution and any laws of man, are further down on the list.

Date: February 18, 2018 04:12PM

Exactly. I wish every reporter who may have the opportunity to ask Romney a question would ask this:

"Mr. Romney, I respect the issue of religious test and understand sacredness to you for some issues; however, the oaths taken in the LDS temple are not sacred to people of other faiths and are not secret on the Internet. The oath to put the LDS church first, and to use all talents to further the church, seem to conflict with the oaths of public office. The people of the United States in general (outside of Utah) need to know if you as a Senator expect to fulfill your LDS temple oath to use your talents to further the LDS church. I recognize this area is sacred to you, but it is important to know how you reconcile the oath to your church and the commitment to serve in the Senate for the public. What oaths take priority to you as a Senator?"

Date: February 19, 2018 12:14AM

Perfect.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 03:31PM

As much as I like that line of questioning it would never be asked. Current law makers take same Oaths serving in State political positions

So it is a nothing burger. Rxmos know the truth but religious persecution card would be played.

Date: February 19, 2018 08:05PM

I know you are right, Phazer. It would be viewed as picking on religion.

I can dream though, can't I?

I suppose Hatch and Harry Reid both would have acted like religious victims if asked that. They both probably thought their interests were in the best interest of church members anyway.

No one but ex-Mormons recognize why this is different than simply asking Kennedy if he takes orders from the Pope. We are talking about an oath, and when Romney made it, a death oath no less.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 08:10PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I can dream though, can't I?

Definitely! Your question is so beautifully written, too. Here's to hoping!

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 10:16AM

I think the perfect ad would be to snip that part of Mike Norton's video, starting from "All arise. Each of you bring your right arm to the square. You and each of you covenant and promise before God, angels, and these witnesses at this altar, that you do accept the Law of Consecration as contained in the Doctrine and Covenants, in that you do consecrate yourselves, your time, talents, and everything with which the Lord has blessed you, or with which he may bless you, to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for the building up of the Kingdom of God on the earth and for the establishment of Zion. Each of you bow your head and say "yes." " And then cut to all all the people in their matching cult costumes bowing their heads and saying "yes."

Then just have words across the screen that say: Romney. Need we say more?

Date: February 20, 2018 07:37PM

Perfect.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 18, 2018 04:24PM

Now Hatch is changing his tune and claiming he didn't have enough information before he spoke.
Sounds like another case of extremely poor judgement.

Date: February 18, 2018 04:39PM

Or, of an outright lie...

Date: February 18, 2018 04:46PM

Exactly. He is admitting he is either lying or incompetent by not having a clue about the background check of his own Aid.

My guess is he is lying.

Posted by: emmahailyes ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 12:02AM

I guess you are too young to have watched the Anita Hill hearings and old Hatch's nasty performance. They were just women after all. Snort!

Date: February 19, 2018 12:22AM

Smart women will see the pattern of the way they're treated in-by the cult, others suffer to varying degrees.

The patterns of the lds patriarchy aren't hidden any longer, they're open & obvious.

" the truth is no longer hidden, people are hiding from the truth"

Date: February 19, 2018 07:52AM

I wish I was too young. I did watch the Anita Hill hearings.

I was very Mormon back then but I did believe her.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 10:27AM

Anita Hill was very believable.

That Thomas became a Supreme Court justice after that debacle was a miscarriage of justice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 10:28AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 03:36PM

So many lies flew back and forth in those days just like today.

Its hard to take anything in print at it's word sometimes without lots of independent sources

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 02:16PM

Posted by: Anon1969 ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 02:40PM

Don't forget that one of the main proponents of Clarence Thomas was Sen. Hatch

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 05:50PM

Also don't forget that the main antagonist of Sonia Johnson, when she testified representing Mormons for ERA in US Senate hearings, was then new senator Orrin Hatch.

Shortly thereafter, she was excommunicated basically for publicly embarrassing LDS Inc by reporting their anti-ERA lobbying in Virginia and pointing out they had not registered as lobbyists.

Thou shalt not make The Organization look bad - the first and greatest LDS commandment.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 08:21PM

You might like to rephrase the question as:

"How much did Hatch want to know about Porter?"

Date: February 21, 2018 08:25PM

Ha!

Even if he didn't want to know, I can't imagine he could avoid finding out his own aid's lack of security clearance and background check.

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 08:34PM

Hatch would have dismissed/discounted anything that interfered with his worldview, or his good opinion of a "Fine Mormon Young Man."

Missing security clearance? A minor bureaucratic snafu ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2018 08:36PM by 3X.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.