Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tamboruco ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 07:18PM

Hey all it's the Burns/Dodo World Tour - get your tics!

Russ Nelson a.k.a 'Mr. Burns' and Jeff a.k.a 'The Dodo' Holland have announced their upcoming world tour just on the heels of the next conference. Is this a rescue mission or just a 'get-to-know-you' tour? At 93, Russ needs to make the rounds (no pun intended) quickly because a tour to Kolob might be his next.

Interestingly, he'll have Jeff, with his incredible sagging jowls, in tow. Wonder what Jeff will say? Maybe he'll sing the Michael Jackson line "too high to get over - too low to get under" (from Wanna be Startin' Something) as he pounds the pulpit for the BofM?

Incidentally, notice how GA wives seem to be more 'clingy' to their husbands these days? I wonder if Wendy Nelson is actually Russ' 'handler'? The dude is 93 and may not be all that steady footed anymore. A younger woman clutching him by the arm certainly looks better than a cane or a walker.

Rock on Russ and Jeff on your tour! Save the planet ok?

http://www.good4utah.com/news/local-news/lds-church-president-nelson-announces-world-tour/983377623

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 07:43PM

How very pope-esque of him.

LOL

Posted by: Annon1to ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 09:19PM

Rubbing shoulders with Holland for 2 weeks. That's the real definition of Hell.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 09:23PM

I’m relieved that they’re not being managed as much as I thought.

In the words of Jimmy Page, “Rock of ages, still rolling.” Or Trey Parker, “Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb”.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 20, 2018 09:40PM

Will they love as they should not love?

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 01:50AM

It's not really a world tour. I think that it is damage control for Europe and Asia. Africa is the place they will see the most growth in the future.

There will be many meetings like the Swedish rescue of 2012 and 2013.

http://www.mormonthink.com/glossary/swedish-rescue2.htm

Rumors are strong that there is a major shakeup in the church. It has been going on in Europe for the past decade.

http://ldschurchgrowth.blogspot.ca/2017/03/800-lds-congregations-wards-and.html

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 01:59AM

Holland on tour. Will he go under, around, or over the world? Nelson can exhibit his abracadaver magic. Dog and pony.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 09:51AM

How come their "world tour" skips most of the world?

Nothing in North or South America, nothing in Australia, nothing in most of Europe (the "several countries in Europe" seems to only mean England, Scotland, Ireland)?

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 10:14AM

Wonder why Nelson picked the Dodo to go with him? I realize that Uchdorf is out of favor, but he would seem to be the obvious candidate to visit Europe.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 10:37AM

Just a flight over the burned out districts to see if it's as bad as they heard...looking for that one elusive high priest with the cajones to tell em like it is...here's the keys Russ...I'm tired of blessing my own bread and passing it to myself...yeah if I wanted to blow fresh air into a holy balloon...I'd pick these two to do it...gasp gasp...not even this pair of rock stars can CPR this lemon back to life...if that were only the real problem...when you've been promised a hundred times the wheels falling off your Chevy was just an anomaly...yet it keeps falling off...you might start fondling a ford with wistful reluctance

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: February 21, 2018 01:04PM

It may also be a bit of an ego trip as Nelson tries to show the world how young and vital he is at 93! He is the Lord's anointed don't yah know. And he's doing the Lord's work.

I had a neighbor who was about that age. She was very fit until she took a flight to New York to attend a family wedding. She caught a cold. It turned into pneumonia. She made it back to Utah but never fully recovered and died within six months. Watch your step Russ baby. Jet lag is a killer.

Wish Russ had chosen an even younger bride. Wendy (with her jet black dyed hair) only needs a pointy black hat and a broom to be clad for next Halloween.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.