Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 04:31PM

Did any of you suckers ever consider that the BIGGEST
Red Flag from the very "Beginning"? Come On Man!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 06:17PM

They're being held by the same guys who stole a baker's dozen pieces of art, including Rembrandt's "The Storm on the Sea of Galilee" in 1990 from Boston's Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 06:20PM

It makes a great Disneyesque tale, though. With a victim and villain and all that. And...

Treasure!

Who doesn't love a great treasure hunt?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 06:56PM

So did Joseph Smith...

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 06:58PM

Haha. At least when Joseph couldn't find them he knew how to "make do."

Date: March 05, 2018 07:00PM

I think you meant "make up," right? :)

Date: March 05, 2018 07:00PM

Date: March 05, 2018 07:02PM

Y'know, if you play up the white salamander I think he'd go for it.

Date: March 05, 2018 07:54PM

"Fact: All art, architecture, locations, science and religious organizations in this novel are real.” (Preface to DaVinci Code)

Can you imagine this going up on the screen at the start of such a movie? Or something similar? You've got a point, Dunked and Done.* How about Mark Hoffman as "special consultant?" Perhaps he can earn "good time" and get out of prison helping.

I suggest we hijack this thread and throw out entertaining ideas for movie titles, who should play Joseph Smith (Tom Hanks?), plot ideas, and so on. Let's start with the conspiracy by having the "truth" revealed that JS's "murder" was organized by a cabal of ruthless, nefarious Unitarians.

*Oops! Pardon my typos!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 01:24AM

"Fifty Shades of Marriage"

Date: March 06, 2018 10:35AM

Love the "Dunked & Done" whether typo or on purpose. Says it all. Your life is over once they submerge you in not only that water, but that indoctrination.

I think for this version of the Joseph Smith saga we would be best casting from SNL. Actually. I vote Alec Baldwin to play Joseph. He knows how to get just the right sort of crazy in the eye. Just imagine what he could do with a Trim and Thummim!

Date: March 06, 2018 10:43AM

Urim and Thummim dammit. I swear I proofed that.

Date: March 06, 2018 11:04AM

You're on the top of your game, E.O.D.

D&D-Dude: You might have noticed I like to play with usernames. I don't know the last time I wrote out, "IfIcouldhietoKolob" in full. He hasn't complained, so far. ;=\

Two of my favorites, no longer posting, alas:
"Arm To the Triangle"
"Zarahemla Town Drunk."

Thanks for taking all this in a light tone, folks!

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:50PM

Well, be patient, you will get to see them in heaven, where the angel took them. (You might even get to see ol' Joe himself.)

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 11:23PM

That would imply he is in heaven.
After all the hell he put others through?

Highly doubtful!

M@t

Date: March 05, 2018 11:20PM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
--------------------------------------
> Did you, (sucker),
see the BIG Red Flag, from the "Beginning" >

You've blown it now... calling people suckers. Pucker UP Sucker.

Hey. Call us when you find them.
Think of the profits and the fame.

Of course you don't need proof.
Your church will still grow rich.

M@t

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 01:25AM

Better make your own before the tariff surcharge on metal goes into effect, but maybe our POTUS will allow an exemption for religious uses...

just sayin'

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 01:56AM

I have, in moments of weakness, found the Golden Arches...

Date: March 06, 2018 02:06AM

Sorry, No Cigar.

Date: March 06, 2018 09:42AM

Yep. There you only get reformed meat products, not reformed Egyptian!

Date: March 06, 2018 10:52AM

Date: March 06, 2018 11:09AM

I once dated a fallen angel

My penis is often at a fallen angle; don't laugh cuz if you're lucky, you'll get to be old, too.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 10:04AM

Do you get to see them when you get to the celestial kingdom ? Do you NOT get to see them if you go to the terrestial kingdom or the telestial kingdom ?

Mormonism is so fucking silly !

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 10:30AM

Oh how the opponents of truth/honesty may scoff at me sharing this sacred tidbit of history. Every single TBM on the planet has to accept this as truth, or else they can't be considered a TBM anymore. Below I provide a link to a beloved website at the beloved BYU along with the text and a link where you can search this for yourself.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Journal%20of%20discourses%20volume%2019

http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/JournalOfDiscourses3/id/9597/rec/19

Journal of Discourses Volume 19 Page 38

Discourse by President Brigham Young, delivered at a Special Conference Held at Farmington, for the Purpose of Organizing a Stake of Zion for the County of Davis, on Sunday Afternoon, June 17, 1877.
Reported by Geo. F. Gibbs.

.... I lived right in the country where the plates were found from which the Book of Mormon was translated, and I know a great many things pertaining to that country. I believe I will take the liberty to tell you of another circumstance that will be as marvelous as anything can be. This is an incident in the life of Oliver Cowdery, but he did not take the liberty of telling such things in meeting as I take. I tell these things to you, and I have a motive for doing so. I want to carry them to the ears of my brethren and sisters, and to the children also, that they may grow to an understanding of some things that seem to be entirely hidden from the human family. Oliver Cowdery went with the Prophet Joseph when he deposited these plates. Joseph did not translate all of the plates; there was a portion of them sealed, which you can learn from the Book of Doctrine and Covenants. When Joseph got the plates, the angel instructed him to carry them back to the hill Cumorah, which he did. Oliver says that when Joseph and Oliver went there, the hill opened, and they walked into a cave, in which there was a large and spacious room. He says he did not think, at the time, whether they had the light of the sun or artificial light; but that it was just as light as day. They laid the plates on a table; it
was a large table that stood in the room. Under this table there was a pile of plates as much as two feet high, and there were altogether in this room more plates than probably many wagon loads; they were piled up in the corners and along the walls. The first time they went there the sword of Laban hung upon the wall; but when they went again it had been taken down and laid upon the table across the gold plates; it was unsheathed, and on it was written these words: “This sword will never be sheathed again until the kingdoms of this world become the kingdom of our God and his Christ.” I tell you this as coming not only from Oliver Cowdery, but others who were familiar with it, and who understood it ....

.... Now, you may think I am unwise in publicly telling these things, thinking perhaps I should preserve them in my own breast; but such is not my mind. I would like the people called Latter-day Saints to understand some little things with regard to the workings and dealings ....

Date: March 06, 2018 11:13AM

Great scene, when Indiana Jones picks up the unsheathed Sword of Laban, whirls and chops off the head of the giant White Salamander, being ridden by an alabaster angel of the morning, with no pubic hair...

Date: March 06, 2018 01:25PM

What, No tapirs?

Posted by: anon2day ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 01:55PM

The plates are probably just gold plated over poop. Not worth anything.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 02:10PM

>>"Did any of you suckers ever consider that the BIGGEST
Red Flag from the very "Beginning"? Come On Man!!!"

No, I'm sure NONE of us SUCKER'S ever considered that. Jeez.

Date: March 06, 2018 04:04PM

They're right there
There, under your voice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.