Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 07:00PM

A big part of the sexuality problems I've had and some of the things I suspect in others stems I believe around the making of private parts into sacred parts tethering them to emotions like familial love.

It is the polar opposite of what more primitive peoples in human history have done. In fact, The Bible doesn't address masturbation (AKA "It is also a transgression to intentionally stimulate these emotions within your own body") and doesn't tie anything "sacred" with sexuality.

https://reflections.yale.edu/article/sex-and-church/sexuality-and-scripture-what-else-does-bible-have-say

Yet Mormonism preaches that where you excrete is more sacred than where you eat.

"Any sexual intimacy outside of the bonds of marriage—I mean any intentional contact with the sacred, private parts of another’s body, with or without clothing—is a sin and is forbidden by God. It is also a transgression to intentionally stimulate these emotions within your own body.10

Satan tempts one to believe that there are allowable levels of physical contact between consenting individuals who seek the powerful stimulation of emotions they produce, and if kept within bounds, no harm will result. As a witness of Jesus Christ, I testify that is absolutely false.

Satan particularly seeks to tempt one who has lived a pure, clean life to experiment through magazines, videocassettes, or movies with powerful images. He wants to stimulate appetite to cause experimentation that quickly results in intimacies and defilement. Powerful habits are formed which are difficult to break. Mental and emotional scars result."
https://www.lds.org/new-era/1995/10/serious-questions-serious-answers?lang=eng

And if you have the stomach or sacred bowels to handle clicking the above link and reading the whole text like I did you will find it isn't just making a holier than mouths the other orifices but the replacing the word "lust" with "emotion." Sexual desires aren't emotions in the sense that happy and sad are emotions. They are desires. Like no one says I'm having a strong emotion for a burger and fries.

This messes people's understandings of their own sexuality up in a big way. They learn that the "appetites of the body" are sacred emotions to only be expressed one other person (as well as Satan finding the virgins the most tempting to tempt ala "Satan particularly seeks to tempt one who has lived a pure..") and only in a "sacred" and "emotional" context. If something I had an appetite to eat for required another person, fasting from eating for my whole life, and a proper attitude towards eating it as well as an appropriate emotional state in which to eat it, I would go without.

But this appetite is so strong, Mormons aren't willing to go without. Actually, they also have a commandment to marry and multiple so they are supposed to approach an appetite of their potty part of their body with complete abstinence (making Satan want them more) until they have found someone who will make magical emotions with them and open up their sacred parts with the appropriate tokens and emotions to do so.

I'm sorry but life isn't supposed to be like that. No matter how much you worship your temple, you have to take your sacred parts into shitholes to relieve yourself. No different with the sexual relief. If you choose to flowers, chocolate, wine, kinky things etc. up the experience it doesn't change their form or functions. Same goes for sacred-tizing the sexual. It is something that can be constrained just how much and for what reasons are the things to consider. You wouldn't want to keep yourself from excreting just because you didn't have the right servant to help you nor were in the right mood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 06, 2018 12:46PM

Anyone having a strong emotion for a burger and fries?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 06, 2018 01:13PM

I've told the story before, but in high school, when I was having some emotional turmoil, I talked to our Episcopal priest and one thing I told him was that I felt guilty about wanking. He said: "You think priests don't masturbate!? Don't worry about it; just don't overdo it."

Date: March 06, 2018 01:32PM

Only in Mormonism does the word celibate make the bate a requirement not to master.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.