Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:07PM

Hello Everyone!!! It is exciting to see so many new names here since I have been gone. I am doing well. Today, I am sore and tired because it was a long day at work and school and I did some moving as well.

I am in the process of getting my things moved out of my parents home into storage. Tomorrow, a group of men from my church will be helping me get some of the furniture and the few things that I had to leave behind today. And guess what, I will not owe these guys a thing for helping me out and they are doing it because they care about me and not because of any obligation they have to anyone or anything. The mortgage company is taking the trailer back on Wednesday. My pastor is going to help me look into what I could do to buy the trailer back once it has been repossessed. If they are willing to sell it to me at the right price, I am going to go for it.

School is going okay. I am not doing as well as I would like but I am getting there. I am still doing my work study job in the college's registrar's office and I love it.

I have been having a lot of fun as well and developing some really good relationships with some people at the church that I am going to. I start going back to church right after Thanksgiving. It is a stark difference from the stories that I hear about the Morg. The members are friendly and it is authentic.

This past weekend, I went out to eat in a town that is about an hours drive from home and just hung out with some of the people at church. Last night, I sang Jesus Loves Me with one of the little girls at church and that had everyone talking tonight at our monthly Women's Auxillary/Men's Brotherhood dinner and Bible Study.

I am grateful for the relationships that I have been able to develop with the members at this church. There is a couple that has been giving me rides to church for the past month who have become like parents to me. The wife has been straightening me out real good. She is straight forward and she is definitely not afraid to speak her mind but at the same time is very loving and nurturing. I think my mom would be happy that she is in my life.

I hope everyone is doing well and I think of you guys often.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:13PM

Glad to hear you're doing so well, and you've found a healthy, supportive church. Yes, Dear Burnt-Out Ex-Mos, they ARE out there!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:19PM

I'm glad you have found a situation that works for you. That is what really matters.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 09:53PM

A community is important. Glad you have a few -- school, work and church. Best wishes!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 05, 2018 10:33PM

It's very good to hear from you. I hope you're finding a suitable place to live for you and your pets.

Thanks for the update. The last move I made our then church family helped us do it without strings attached, excepting the pizza and soda I bought for their/our lunch. They were indispensible. They even changed my locks for me where we moved to as a precaution.

They were wonderful.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.