Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 10, 2018 09:49PM

Ok I find that Mormon missionaries are annoying and they are! Always knocking on your door and talking to everyone! If you ask hard questions they say we have to go now? Really? And many can be arrogant if they are from Utah! If you say why did Joseph Smith have 43 wives they say he did not!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 10, 2018 09:52PM

I feel bad for the elders they have to go on missions or no wife for you! And missionaries always say how can we help you? So I said I need help packing because I was moving and got we can't help you! We are busy! Yeah then don't say how can we help you! They are annoying and should be doing other things

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 10, 2018 10:00PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel bad for the elders they have to go on
> missions or no wife for you!

Where did you get that from? I have known LDS men who didn't go on missions and get married in the temple.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 01:23PM

angela Wrote:

> Where did you get that from? I have known LDS men who didn't go on missions and get married in the temple.

I was one of those. Walked off of my mission, chose to marry a gal who was a convert (hadn't grown up being brainwashed to marry a R.M.) over another gal who was born into the church, and married in the temple. Eight months into the marriage my bride told me that she should have married a R.M.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 10:12AM

RMs have a wider range of wife possibilities. Some of the most attractive women with good mormon backgrounds only want to marry returned missionaries.

Date: March 11, 2018 11:09AM

You must serve a mission if you are a 19 Mormon male, I saw it on the Mormons pbs

Date: March 11, 2018 11:33AM

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 06:42PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
> I feel bad for the elders... ... "we can't
> help you! We are busy!" Yeah [well] then don't [ask] how can
> we help you? They are annoying and should be doing
> other things

Well then why do you ask them?

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 10, 2018 10:00PM

Missionaries track still?

I havnet had an LDS missionary knock on my door in over 2 decades

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:22PM

Posted by: angela: Missionaries track still? I havnet had an LDS missionary knock on my door in over 2 decades:

Depends on their mission president. I live in So. California, and three came to my door, and I sat on the porch and talked to them a while. What's the problem? I don't lie to them (I tell them I am "inactive"), or tell them they are wasting their time (as they soon know that for themselves).

I think they are afraid to ask me why I don't go to church, still, I offer them a soft drink, or an energy bar if they want (but they usually don't).

But then, I live alone, so they can't come in. And, I have time to be with them for a little while (as I no longer work outside the home).

If they interfere with your private affairs when they come, that's a different matter.

Several months ago, they came just when my son was trying to move a mattress from one bedroom to the other, and they came in and helped him do this chore. But, they did tell me their mission president doesn't like them to do chores for people they visit.

Date: March 11, 2018 10:08AM

don't let them onto your property or in your door unless talking to them will somehow help your recovery.

Date: March 11, 2018 11:07AM

You mean given the myth book of Mormon and hearing the boring Mormon prayers? No thanks! And I haven't seen missionaries at all, they don't come where I live in old hickory, they just stay where they are, but they are on Facebook now

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 12:38PM

My gate keeps them out. I haven't had to call the sheriff yet.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 06:37PM

We know. So?...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 06:50PM

of the URLs of the essays taped to the wall behind the door. They are straight off lds.org so there is no reason they can't read them :)

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 09:12PM

My Molly M girlfriend of many years ago, her mother broke us up because of the RM thing.

Based on all I've learned on RFM, I should of had a burning in the breast epiphany reading the BM that GF and I must spend the weekend together.

Wonder if she would have fallen for it.

Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 04:52PM

Move to England..you have more chance of meeting a buck naked Lamanite than a Mormon misssionary in most English towns

Posted by: Hervey Willets ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:29PM

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:49PM

You are right about one thing. The no wife for you if you didn't go on a mission.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:55AM

A man was taking a walk on a suburban street when he was approached by two missionaries. One elder took the lead. "Sir, can we interest you in Jesus?"

"Probably not more than I am now," said the man. " You know the story of the good Samaritan?"

"Yes," said the elder.

"Imagine if the poor man on the side of the road hadn't been beaten and robbed. Would he need saving?"

"No," said the elder.

"Do I look like someone who's been robbed and beaten?"

"No, sir," said the elder, "but we..."

"I advise you to find someone who requires your services," said the man, and he walked away a bit annoyed. His constitutional had been violated.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.