Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 08:25PM

Ok everything is anti Mormon to this strange church. YOu can't read, look up anything that is anti Mormon, I find lds.org very boring! And the truth is Mormons are cowards and don't want anyone investigating their church to know the truth!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 11, 2018 08:26PM

Then there will be no more money going in and Mormons bragging how great their missionaries are! Either way many missionaries leave and new converts to

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 04:16AM

Well It is!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=261GDx8pF4I

.....unless its another affirmation of MORmONISM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BQrl4EZ07Y

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:46AM

Because reality is "anti-mormon."

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 11:56AM

We have a winner

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 12:04PM

I actually don't think even one of them knows what the hell the truth is. They have brainwashed scripts in their heads.

Date: March 12, 2018 12:07PM

And yes it is a strange church but you are not quite sure of that when you are a kid. When you try to become an adult outside the church you finally realize the bizzaro land you were once in.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 03:19PM

Mormons at every level are very insecure. I believe they all are quite aware that the church has serious issues, but they become so invested that they need to strike out at everything else in ad hominem-style ways rather than look at the problems head on.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 03:26PM

I believe that the biggest problem the powers that be in Mormonism posses is their extremely conservative use of the truth!!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 07:07PM

Joseph Smith wanted it that way.

TSCC likes/ keeps it that way.

M@t

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 07:28PM

IMO, it's cultural. The founders of Mormonism knew quite well that it was a fraud, so they had to establish an "us against them" type of mentality.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 07:50PM

Well, the current version of the Mormon church is the apostate church. No one is faithful to Joseph Smith, sadly. They can't even follow their own prophet and own the reality of their religion.

I don't know what TSCC is, but it is not Mormon.

Posted by: alaskawild ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 09:34PM

i was probably like many who originally thought that there were real anti mormon groups out there fabricating lies to deceive and pull good mormons out of the faith.

Now, as most of us know, anti mormon material is just actual;y real history, its reality.

I think most of us would know if an anti mormon source was peddling lies. But so far, everything i have seen and researched is a bunch of the truth, stuff the LDS inc. doesnt want its people to see.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:36AM

I very much resent anyone calling me an anti-mormon. Neither the church nor anyone in it knows my heart. They make up labels to protect their own lies. Never accept anyone's assessment of you, that you are an anti-mormon. Just never lie about the church yourself, nor associate with others who do lie about the mormon church. The truth is bad enough.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:47AM

They live in a Biblical world. In the Biblical world, everything has a cosmic significance, and human history is a battlefield. When you start with this world-view, then everything and everybody is either an ally or an enemy. And since the Bible tells us to expect traitors, then mostly they see enemies.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 02:18AM

Without labeling every piece of truth Anti-Mormon, what chance do they have? I submissively spurned the perusal of "anti-Mormon" literature for many years. I didn't believe anything that non-Mormons tried to tell me for ages. So many people tried to warn me, but I wouldn't give them the time of day. No way was I going to listen to anything Anti-Mormon! If the church had not warned me about the Satanic power of anti-Mormon literature and talk, I would have left the LDS looooooong ago.

When I did come across something anti-Mormon, I was amazed at what vivid imaginations these evil deceivers had. I was grateful for my Dopamine Trip Witness that the church is true, for otherwise I would have been caught in the clutches of these despicable demonic spawns.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 03:24AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 03:24AM by steve benson.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 06:59AM

Because Mormonism is PERFECT and WONDERFUL--the greatest thing
since sliced bread (or even unsliced bread). Therefore, anything
that does not extol the virtues of Mormonism is anti-Mormon.

When I was in high school my uber-TBM dad was reading the book
"The Twenty-Seventh Wife" by Irving Wallace. It was the story of
Ann Eliza Young, one of BY's plural wives that divorced him and
ended up lecturing around the country about the evils of polygamy
and Mormonism. He told me that the book was basically an anti-
Mormon hatchet job.

Later, as an exmo, I read the book. I was impressed with how
Wallace balanced every accusation that Ann Eliza made against BY
with a BY response or something mitigating. It was an incredibly
"fair and balanced" book.

Faithful Mormon historian Juanita Brooks wrote the seminal book
on the Mountain Meadows Massacre. She ended up being reviled by
the Mormon community for it.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 10:36AM

It is a defense mechanism. By labeling people and their ideas we don't have to actually listen to what they are saying. We do it all the time in politics. He/she is a liberal/right winger...end of listening because we have dealt with the objectionable viewpoint.

Posted by: Nancy Rigdon ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:01AM

Start using the word “anti” in other contexts to get them thinking. If nothing else, you’ll love the puzzled looks you’ll get.

For example: They are comparing cars to buy. Say “ Oh I wouldn’t listen to the dealer. They are so “anti-(other brand)”. You should research an independent source that fairly compares the two so you get the truth about both.”

I have found most TBMs see the wisdom in going to independent sources for other aress of life. They just have a mental block around considering Mormonism the same way. Using the word “anti” in other less-threatening contexts might help them look at Mormonism differently. You don’t attack Mormonism (that will most assuredly be rejected); you attack the way of thinking.

Posted by: Valued ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:45PM

It is not just a Mormon thing but many evangelicals think the same thing. They really think that there is a war on freedom of religion and on Christmas. However, it is much harder to run for political office as a non believer than a true believer. Talk about prejudices.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:59PM

I bear my testimony that when I was a toddler in Nursery that I gained a firm strong testimony to the truthfulness of Cheerios. They felt good in my tummy and in the process of getting there through my saliva and taste buds I had good feelings. I yearned then as I do now to have good feelings in my life. Oh how blessed I was as those cheerios went in me to be in the beginning stages of the wondrous Correlation program taking charge in ensuring that my life and my entire way of thinking would be carefully molded via the methods of this beloved Correlation program.

What is Truth? Well obviously the Correlation program teaches that I made a covenant to think its whatever the Correlation program smiles upon.

What is False? Well obviously the Correlation program teaches that I made a covenant to think its whatever the Correlation program doesn't smile upon is either false or not useful.

Thus as I read postings here as soon as I get an idea or feeling that the Correlation program might not smile strongly on what's written then I can presume that its ANTI MORMON. Then I can block my mind to ever seriously thinking about it at all.

Besides, I don't have time to do much thinking anyway. I'm kept so super busy by the Lord's holy middlemen who are in charge of the Ward/Stake.

Posted by: Well then ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 07:19PM

Why is everything mormon to anti mormons?

Is anybody using this forum to " Recover " or is this it?

Just pissing and moaning with random periods of thumb sucking and bed wetting.

Date: March 14, 2018 04:34PM

Well then Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is everything mormon to anti mormons?
>
> Is anybody using this forum to " Recover " or is
> this it?
>
> Just pissing and moaning with random periods of
> thumb sucking and bed wetting.

Not sure about anyone else but i haven't given up and still do emdr therapy every week and fix body parts still and do acupuncture every week. I will be damned if i let a mormon look at my headstone or their god or jesus look at my headstone. Won't give them the satisfaction that they beat me and broke me. F#ck those robots.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 09:03PM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok everything is anti Mormon to this strange
> church. YOu can't read, look up anything that is
> anti Mormon, I find lds.org very boring! And the
> truth is Mormons are cowards and don't want anyone
> investigating their church to know the truth!

Herding instinct of the mammalian/middle brain,
You threaten that
Reptilian brain's fight or flight instinct kicks in.
The only way to avoid itvis to transcend it.
Have so much fun, that MIRmONs becomebirrelevant.
Zen Detachment is good fir curing concerns of brainwashed Morgue Zombues.

Posted by: BYUAlumnuts ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 04:37PM

It's ALL anti-Mormon because they're so persecuted, don't ya know?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 12:27PM

Agreeing with alaskawild, azsteve, slskipper, and others, including the following.

> Without labeling every piece of truth Anti-Mormon, what chance do they have >

> It is a defense mechanism. By labeling people and their ideas we don't have to actually listen to what they are saying. We do it all the time in politics. He/she is a liberal/right winger...end of listening because we have dealt with the objectionable viewpoint. >

Mormons are afraid. Their 'church' MAKES THEM that way.

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2018 12:40PM by moremany.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.