Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 12, 2018 10:16PM

Ok Mormon. Org has really dumb adds now of people who were healed and are Mormon? Yeah right! The church services was like a funeral service to me,you must give money, you must go to the temple, you must do baptism of the dead, another Mormon thing of trying to get people in!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 03:49AM

They are getting desperate. They need tithe payers, and there's no better way to get money out of people than to claim miraculous healings.

I believe that faith healings sometimes happen. But they don't happen because of Mormonism. I haven't seen the ads, but the healings claimed might possibly be fake.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 05:29AM

Well, the church does have a big marketing budget.

Posted by: sparty ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 07:12AM

They have no doubt seen the traffic on their sites declining over the past 20 or so years. Now they are throwing a Hail Mary just to try to get people who don't know any better just to come check them out. Their logic, I'm sure, is that if they lure people in with ludicrous claims, they might come back if the members are friendly, etc.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 08:25AM

Yep and people are healed outside the Mormon scam church, they want more money!

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 08:37AM

crazyhorse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok Mormon. Org has really dumb adds now of people who were healed and are Mormon? Yeah right! The church services was like a funeral service to me,you must give money, you must go to the temple, you must do baptism of the dead, another Mormon thing of trying to get people in!

So why are you hanging out at Mormon.Org then?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:47AM

Dammit ! You beat me to the punch line.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:21AM

I have NEVER in my 82 tears on this planet witnessed first hand the healing of anyone by a priesthood blessing from a disease of which they would not have otherwise recovered. AKA miracle healing. A "priesthood blessing" did nothing to help my wife recover from lung cancer, from which she died. So much for the power to "act in God's name"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:53AM

What are they adding?
I'm confused...:)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:04PM

The only video I can think of is Oaks or somebody talking about blessing a girl who the doctors said wouldn't survive, *but she did!* then they said she'd never walk, *but she did!*

Of course, I've read Scientology stories with same plot....

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 12:21PM

Got a link?

Need more info (besides 'Mormonism heals') to effectually comment - we know about all the other crap.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.