Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:04PM

Ok this is all the really annoying things missionaries said to me, you must come to church, why don't you want to tell your family? We don't have secrets in our church! Don't you want to be baptized? Why stay on the edge and not get the blessings from heavenly father? God wants you to come to him! Don't you have a feeling when you pray about the book of Mormon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: March 13, 2018 11:06PM

We love you! We don't know the answer to your question, you don't need to know anything about the temples, where did you get all these questions from? We won't lie to you! Joseph Smith didn't have 43 wives! He is a prophet from God! We don't hate anyone! We love everyone!

Date: March 13, 2018 11:08PM

You can't leave the Mormon church! You will be breaking your promise to God! Yep missionaries said all these and more to me, so glad I was not baptized! I would be so unhappy! --

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: March 13, 2018 11:11PM

If they are so annoying and say annoying things to you, why do you have anything to do with them?

Date: March 14, 2018 12:18AM

I remember what they said

Posted by: mayrach ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 12:20AM

"There are no secrets here! LDS.org has everything you ever need to know!"

Mine focused so heavily on blessings I would receive for doing everything. It sounded so appealing. Now I realize how selfish that is - to ONLY do things in return for blessings from God. Now as a Christian, good things I do aren't for me but for His glory.

The worst part is - I fell for all the bologna they regurgitated to me! They were so nice, sweet and pretty. How could nice girls possibly be teaching falsities?!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 01:06AM

Nobody has said anything annoying to me (or if they have, I've forgotten). However, I was out shopping or something a while back when they stopped by, and one of them got really nasty with me TBM/inactive DH. He asked him why he didn't "honor his priesthood," set a better example for his children (who are all grown and have all left the church), and I forget what-all else.

I would have told that particular elder just where he could stow his baggage. DH has better manners than I do. He got up, walked to the front door and opened it, saying graciously, "Thank you for stopping by, elders." A lot of Mormons are so dense that they would not have understood that the visit was officially over, but those two got the message.

DH called the MP the next day and told him that this kid had been very rude. The MP apologized and said that the elder was very trunky, almost done with his mission.

Good riddance.

Date: March 14, 2018 04:04PM

They act so nice to get you baptized and you are stuck-

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 04:46PM

It's not secret it's sacred. Hated that line. Death oaths are very sacred in their world and handshakes, jesus i sound like an idiot saying handshakes are sacred. I want to know who came up with the health in the naval line so i can slap them, hopefully it was jesus.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 14, 2018 05:22PM

Take charge and search out possibilities. Any church worth your time and trouble doesn't have to aggressively pursue new members because they're too busy helping the ones who seek them out.

Date: March 14, 2018 09:43PM

Yeah making them drones haha,you can't question anything! Bunch of lies, greed. ANd arrogance Mormons are built upon

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 15, 2018 01:07AM

They most certainly speak that way! They are trained to be pushy, rude and arrogant. The rotten ones ascend the the leadership ladder. Nice ones that think before they speak are regarded as weak-minded and spiritually inferior.

I had ones that were beyond rude. Not only did they refuse to leave my front porch after I told them to leave, they took it a step further by locking their missionary bikes to MY front yard fence. You bet I called the sheriff to report harassment. He took the report, cut their lock with cutters and moved the bikes into the street. I was then warned not to touch their bikes after they were removed from my fence. The coward elders that were so full of themselves watched the sheriff do his job from the end of the street. They waited until the sheriff went away to retrieve their bikes in silence. And for those that think that I acted like a fink to call the law, mighty mouth elder himself goaded me to call them in the first place.

It took me three days of calling to reach the MP. He never apologized for their behavior, but instead started to chastise me as an endowed PH holder for cussing out a "servant of the lord". He went on to say that if I would honor the covenants in the first place... I yelled shut the fuck up and slammed the phone down.

And yes, I was a missionary once so I know how they are trained/brainwashed.

Date: March 15, 2018 08:56AM

Servants of Joseph Smith or latter day liars haha, they don't know what no means! You try to say I don't want to be baptized and you get what concerns do you have? We love you! Blah blah blah! It is a cult and Mormons are annoying! !

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.